Post-Game Talk: You gotta love it

Johnz96*

won't put an end on anything.

he might get scored on a lot more when he is on the ice if he gets a more minutes and is consistently against top lines.

I think that who who he has scored aginst shows that he is not being sheltered by playing against the opponents weaker lines.

They just get less ice-time than players that aren't as effective.

The kids are saving the day in spite of Babcock's reluctance to allow them to do so.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I think that who who he has scored aginst shows that he is not being sheltered by playing against the opponents weaker lines.

The kids are saving the day in spite of Babcock's reluctance to allow them to do so.

how about checking the actual ice times on who he plays against? or shift charts.

boston game: mostly up against soderberg line. tatar played less than half what glendening did against bergeron line

montreal game: plekanec line. only franzen played significantly more than the kids ES.

columbus game: mostly against anisimov line. miller line played more against johansen line.

minnesota game: tatar was mostly against brodziak line. of all wild players, he played least against parise. parise was mostly against glendening, helm and miller.

pittsburgh game: sutter line. played the least against malkin of all pens players. malkin was mostly against legwand line.

edmonton game: RNH line.

ottawa game: condra was on the ice most against tatar. then macarthur, then turris.

timeonice.com for example, has the shift charts.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

Yes, clearly Babcock has been showing his incompetence lately.

Johnz96*

how about checking the actual ice times on who he plays against? or shift charts.

boston game: mostly up against soderberg line. tatar played less than half what glendening did against bergeron line

montreal game: plekanec line. only franzen played significantly more than the kids ES.

columbus game: mostly against anisimov line. miller line played more against johansen line.

minnesota game: tatar was mostly against brodziak line. of all wild players, he played least against parise. parise was mostly against glendening, helm and miller.

pittsburgh game: sutter line. played the least against malkin of all pens players. malkin was mostly against legwand line.

ottawa game: condra was on the ice most against tatar. then macarthur, then turris.

If that's the case maybe they should play more against the opponent's top 6.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Yes, clearly Babcock has been showing his incompetence lately.

I think the misunderstanding is a reluctance to understand that just because players aren't scoring goals, it doesn't mean they're not effective at doing their jobs. If Drew Miller never scored another goal this year, he's still retaining his value.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
My only complaint with Babcock this year is the composition of the PP. I just feel like he's watching a different game than me. Seriously, Bert? Kindl? Never giving Smith a shot?

Other than that, I think he's had a very difficult job and done a very good job this year

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
My only complaint with Babcock this year is the composition of the PP. I just feel like he's watching a different game than me. Seriously, Bert? Kindl? Never giving Smith a shot?

Other than that, I think he's had a very difficult job and done a very good job this year

he did gave smith a shot.. wings scored almost right away.. and smith hasn't been on the pp since, lol.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
There's nothing wrong with Bert on the PP. He is our ultimate best 1st PP net-front player.

I'm very curious who will take that job at next season. It could probably be Sheahan, or Legwand.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 2 min
Reilly Smith says the #bruins took the loss in Detroit harder than they thought they would. They had been 13-0-3 on the road before it.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Reilly Smith says the #bruins took the loss in Detroit harder than they thought they would. They had been 13-0-3 on the road before it.

Not quite the message Torey Krug said the Bruins were going to send in that game. :laugh:

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
There's nothing wrong with Bert on the PP. He is our ultimate best 1st PP net-front player.

I'm very curious who will take that job at next season. It could probably be Sheahan, or Legwand.

There is when you can't maintain or gain possession of the offensive zone. When Bertuzzi gets the puck along the left boards, it's basically a guaranteed turnover. He's a liability in terms of getting set up.

When you can't even set up, a ultimate best 1st PP net-front player has no use.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
There is when you can't maintain or gain possession of the offensive zone. When Bertuzzi gets the puck along the left boards, it's basically a guaranteed turnover. He's a liability in terms of getting set up.

When you can't even set up, a ultimate best 1st PP net-front player has no use.

Yeah, but PP will be crap as long ans we get all our best guys there. Alfie on the point, Datsyuk carrying the puck on the zone (maybe the most important factor), and Zetterberg there. Then Bertuzzi complements them well.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

Afraid of meeting the Wings in the playoffs?

I honestly think many teams Are not confident meeting the Wings in the playoffs. Last year taking the Ducks then almost eliminating the Hawks/champs and the run this year do not look good for opponents. But it won't be easier for Wings.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Yeah, but PP will be crap as long ans we get all our best guys there. Alfie on the point, Datsyuk carrying the puck on the zone (maybe the most important factor), and Zetterberg there. Then Bertuzzi complements them well.

Bert should never be on the PP. I'd rather have Helm there. I can't stand him out there, he simply doesn't have it anymore and should go the way of Cleary. I will never understand why Babcock has him on the PP.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Bert should never be on the PP. I'd rather have Helm there. I can't stand him out there, he simply doesn't have it anymore and should go the way of Cleary. I will never understand why Babcock has him on the PP.

Not a big difference for Holmström... :laugh:

nickyno72

Mar 27, 2013
Who wore the third "A" yesterday by the way? I didn't even notice/forgot to look.

I was fully expecting to see Bertuzzi wear it, but no one had the third A last night. I'm thinking it's because Alfie was ruled out after the seamstress went home? So far other than Pasha, Kronwall, Alfie and Mule the only other person to wear it has been...Dan Cleary.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

I would argue that we are CURRENTLY playing the best we have all season.
Maybe tied for a time that Z and / or D were going superhuman in a game. But as a TEAM… this is the best we have been playing.

For those talking about ice time. I think its pretty clear what Babcock is doing.

^^This above explains it.

Opp= Opponent
DRW= Team Awesome

Opp line 1 vs DRW Checking line.
Opp line 2 vs DRW Line 1
Opp line 3 vs DRW Kid Line
Opp line 4 vs DRW Line 3.

Why do this?

If our "4th line" can shut down the other team's top line.

Every other line has an easier time throughout the game.

This will give favourable match ups to everyone who can score.
Most team's checking lines are a defensively responsible Line 2 or 3.
Ours being line 4 is great. Most teams line 4 are just big bruisers or energy guys or whatever.

Their Icetime is a measure of their defensive skill.

We used to use D/Z as the line1/defensive line so we would just line up Line 1 vs line 1.

Some teams don't have a very good checking line, thus also line up 1vs1 ; 2vs2 etc.

What Babcock is doing is bold. He is putting a huge work load on Glendenning Helm Miller. And it looks like it is paying off big time.

Right now, this team is being handled amazingly. Anyone thinking about firing the Coach should think again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad