GDT: Yotes @ Avs | 4pm MT | Non-Emergency GDT

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Just got home. So did anyone figure out why Arizona ended up with two challenges in this game? I thought if you challenged a goal and lost, you didn't get another chance to challenge. You only get a second challenge if you win the first one, right? Or is it unlimited now with the delay of game penalty?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Just got home. So did anyone figure out why Arizona ended up with two challenges in this game? I thought if you challenged a goal and lost, you didn't get another chance to challenge. You only get a second challenge if you win the first one, right? Or is it unlimited now with the delay of game penalty?
I believe it is unlimited due to the delay of game penalty.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I wonder who the AGM of the Sabres was scouting tonight. If it was an off season trade for Mikko, tonight was a horrendous showcase.

G for Mitts would be excellent.
I bet they were looking at Bo playing RD. If they like what they see (and they should have tonight) then Bo for Mitts would be a good base for a trade.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
This sounds more like the NBA challenge protocol. IMO any BA or NHL team should be able to challenge whatever number of times, as long as they accept the punishment. In the NHL it is already a penalty. In the NBA, any lost challenge that fails should cost 4 free-throws plus the ball.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
They got rid of that rule a long time ago quite frankly.

Now you can challenge as many goals as you like but it's a Delay of Game penalty everything you get one wrong.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
They got rid of that rule a long time ago quite frankly.

Now you can challenge as many goals as you like but it's a Delay of Game penalty everything you get one wrong.
I guess I just missed that change. It doesn't come up often that you see that many challenges in a game.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Barely beat the Yotes. This team needs another team only meeting where they beat the shit out of Mikko Rantanen.
1708324803150.gif

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Just wait until we get Nuke, Landeskog and Rantanen back.
I know this has been tossed around in the trade thread… if the Avs SOMEHOW win the cup I think you trade rants for kings ransom in assets and you use that to clear roster space and lengthen the contention window. His play this year scares me for his next contract.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
This sounds more like the NBA challenge protocol. IMO any BA or NHL team should be able to challenge whatever number of times, as long as they accept the punishment. In the NHL it is already a penalty. In the NBA, any lost challenge that fails should cost 4 free-throws plus the ball.
When the challenge was first introduced, you would lose your timeout on a failed challenge. It has since been changed to a penalty.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Did we sweep the Yotes the last year we won the Cup?
Great point . We always seem to struggle against this team.

The series in 21-22 was 2-2. We blew out the Yotes once, and the rest of the games were close, like this one was.
Screenshot_20240219-064337.png

I've never seen anything like a fan base so upset with a win.

This board is like this, perpetually.

giphy.gif

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Great point . We always seem to struggle against this team.

The series in 21-22 was 2-2. We blew out the Yotes once, and the rest of the games were close, like this one was.
View attachment 822173

I've never seen anything like a fan base so upset with a win.

This board is like this, perpetually.

giphy.gif

We hate winning, we hate losing, but most of all, we hate Jordan Binnington.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Yup. Dont know what it is, but the Yotes very often give us a hard time....
For years it was always the wild that gave us fits. Trapping us to death. Ugh us dump and chasing every zone entry. Our performances against these teams are very rarely indicative of anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00