GDT: Yotes @ Avs | 4pm MT | Non-Emergency GDT

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Just got home. So did anyone figure out why Arizona ended up with two challenges in this game? I thought if you challenged a goal and lost, you didn't get another chance to challenge. You only get a second challenge if you win the first one, right? Or is it unlimited now with the delay of game penalty?
What others said but wasn't it tied to the timeout? Like, if you still had a timeout you could challenge and would lose the timout if the challenge failed and you couldn't challenge without a timeout?

I remember the Avs getting scored on late in the 3rd and Roy decided to challenge it without there being any evidence at all just because even the most lopsided challenge takes up more than 30 seconds so he had a longer timeout.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Coaches have unlimited challenges on goals. Just the first failed attempt is a minor and subsequent failed attempts is a double minor. Been this way for like 4 years now

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Bowen Byram. 6 points in 3 games. @Ararana Your boys cooking,

1708354730359.png

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Byram looks like a different player these last few games. You always knew he was capable, just needed to put it all together. He’s at his best when he’s joining the rush consistently. Rest of his game falls into place when he’s aggressive at both ends.

Reactions: Bowe Byrum

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
Byram looks like a different player these last few games. You always knew he was capable, just needed to put it all together. He’s at his best when he’s joining the rush consistently. Rest of his game falls into place when he’s aggressive at both ends.
absolutely

Reactions: AvsCOL

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not a defence because I have not read any part of this thread, but Georgiev has still faced the single most amount of high-dangerous shots in the league and each of the Coyotes goals came from a dangerous area IIRC.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not a defence because I have not read any part of this thread, but Georgiev has still faced the single most amount of high-dangerous shots in the league and each of the Coyotes goals came from a dangerous area IIRC.
While he has… he’s also played the most by ~250 minutes. Which is really where that stat comes from. His rate per 60 is 8.2ish and last I saw was 12th worst amongst guys with 1400+ minutes (cut off around starters). Helly, Saros, and Ingram were close to his rare. Demko, Elvis, Ullmark, Markstrom and Binnington all faced heavier rates.

Also.. George faced a higher high danger shot rate last season. By about .7 shots per 60.

Reactions: S E P H

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
For years it was always the wild that gave us fits. Trapping us to death. Ugh us dump and chasing every zone entry. Our performances against these teams are very rarely indicative of anything.

You’re right. They showed their true colours against all the non-garbage teams post ASB. Can you remind us how amazing they played on the recent road trip.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He is 4th behind Binnington, Mrazek, and Sorokin according to Naturalstattrick.

Interestingly, only a month ago amongst goalies with 900 minutes played he was top 5 in HDSV%. He has since dipped to 23rd.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
You’re right. They showed their true colours against all the non-garbage teams post ASB. Can you remind us how amazing they played on the recent road trip.
Oh, they've sucked. No qualms about it.

I just personally don't use a game against Arizona as any sort of measuring stick for this teams capabilities, as we've historically struggled against them, even when we won the cup and were dominating everyone.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He is 4th behind Binnington, Mrazek, and Sorokin according to Naturalstattrick.

Interestingly, only a month ago amongst goalies with 900 minutes played he was top 5 in HDSV%. He has since dipped to 23rd.
NHL Edge shows total amount, but I haven't viewed it in about a week.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The talk he had with Pratt appears to have worked.

Reactions: AvsCOL and Murzu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad