Confirmed with Link: Yandle, Summers, 4th-2016 traded to NYR for JMoore, Duclair, 1st-2016, 2nd-2015

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Yandle put up crazy numbers on a team with no offense. Will be a monster in NY. Also, who's our captain after Doan? Yandle was happy to be here, and was the only player who showed emotion most of the time. I'm sad to see him go. Especially for what we got back.

Mcdavid?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Good deal I think. Maybe a shade less than what I was hoping for, but that value is off-set by how god awful we will be down the stretch here. Our top two scorers were Yandle and Vermette. They're both gone. Let's lock up McEichel.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 44s45 seconds ago
In addition to Yandle and Summers, the Rangers are getting back a 2015 fourth-round pick from ARI in the deal.

Didn't need it anyways...

ffs Maloney...

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm not sure OEL will ever reach Yandle's pure offense numbers. Will be way better defensively though.

See, I've always thought Yandle's offensive numbers were inflated by being comprised of so many secondary assists.

OEL's the more valuable piece for a longer time. I'm fine with keeping him instead of Yandle, particularly since we're nowhere close to Cup contention for a long while.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
In addition to Yandle and Summers, the Rangers are getting back a 2015 fourth-round pick from ARI in the deal.

ffs Maloney...

Are we getting a 2nd as well?

D713B

Mar 9, 2008
They both score a lot of goals in front of the net. Go back to your basement.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 28s28 seconds ago
Duclair, a first-round pick, John Moore in Yandle deal. But there other components as well.

No. See above.

I think you'll find Marian Gaborik is a better comparison. Duclair will never be as gritty and bruising as Simmonds.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
So I'm happy about the 1st and Duclair, don't get me wrong. But how close were the Rangers to the cap? I'm pissed about retaining 50%

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
I'm not happy about this trade at all. I really hope Duclair lives up to the potential outside fans have mentioned, but I'm typically skeptical of potential when giving up a player like Yandle. He would have been a great captain for us, too.

Man, I love Yandle, and I feel so terrible for Doan right now. I really wish he'd request a trade for his sake. Dude doesn't deserve to go through this crap near the end of his career.

Hopefully instead of slotting Moore in on the second pair Tippett will give Gormley a chance to prove hi-... sorry, can't keep going with that joke.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I like the return, but I thought we would be able to get a top forward that is actually in the NHL. Not a prospect that may become a top forward. We traded an all-star PMD. We should have brought back an all-star offensive forward.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Granted I have limited viewings of duclair, but I think we got royally hosed. Maloney needs to go asap.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

ffs Maloney...

We lost our 4th in the Erat trade so she had to be talking about the 2016 4th.

The 2nd doesn't move the needle much. Still a very underwhelming and unnecessary trade.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Complete deal:

To ARI:
John Moore
Anthony Duclair
2016 1st
2015 2nd

To NYR:
Keith Yandle (50% retained)
Chris Summers
2015 4th

This is okay. It's closer to ****** than it is good, that's for sure. And I'm a big Duclair fan.

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
If we get McDavid/Eichel/Marner and Matthews next year, I'll consider this deal worth.

But FFS Maloney, you suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad