Confirmed with Link: Yandle, Summers, 4th-2016 traded to NYR for JMoore, Duclair, 1st-2016, 2nd-2015

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Duclair still has a lot to learn, but the potential is huge.

I agree, but he kind or reminds me of Don Murdock back in the day when he broke into the league. Around the puck he was gold, but away from the puck....... If Duclair listens and learns he will be fine.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
I remember i posted this thread just an hour or so before Yandle was traded. 30 minutes or so before we started seeing the big names on social media sayingna Yandle deal may be in the works.

I titled it "Will Yandle be traded?" and posted a poll that turned out to be completely unnecessary.

Funny timing I guess. Weird how those things happen. In the back of my mind, i really didn't want him to be traded, and was hoping that he wouldn't be. Then in a blink of an eye, it happened.

Looking back now, I'd do this deal again no question. Duke looks like he is going to break out to be a top 6 scoring threat, and who's to say what will come out of NYR's 1st. This trade isn't even over yet.

There was a very legitimate possibility we could've lost Yandle for nothing if we didn't trade him when we did. Hell, there's no guarantee even that he'll resign in NY. He could go to Boston, or any other team for that matter. There is always that slim possibility he comes back to Arizona as well, but at that point we may not even need him unless he would take a a hometown discount. It would have to work out and make sense for both sides. I don't see it happening, but if it did, Maloney would look like a friggin genius. Getting a stud in Letunov for Michalek, just to get a healthier Michalek back for no assests lost a few months later. Getting a stud defensman in Dahlbeck and a 1st round draft pick that turned into what looks like a steal on the draft floor with Nick Merkley, then grabbing a cup winning Vermette back a month later at a home town discount. Again, with no assests lost.

If he were able to grab Duclair, the 2016 NYR 1st round draft pick, and then sign Yandle to a hometown discount deal this offseason, he would've pulled off an absolute heist.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I remember i posted this thread just an hour or so before Yandle was traded. 30 minutes or so before we started seeing the big names on social media sayingna Yandle deal may be in the works.

I titled it "Will Yandle be traded?" and posted a poll that turned out to be completely unnecessary.

Funny timing I guess. Weird how those things happen. In the back of my mind, i really didn't want him to be traded, and was hoping that he wouldn't be. Then in a blink of an eye, it happened.

Looking back now, I'd do this deal again no question. Duke looks like he is going to break out to be a top 6 scoring threat, and who's to say what will come out of NYR's 1st. This trade isn't even over yet.

There was a very legitimate possibility we could've lost Yandle for nothing if we didn't trade him when we did. Hell, there's no guarantee even that he'll resign in NY. He could go to Boston, or any other team for that matter. There is always that slim possibility he comes back to Arizona as well, but at that point we may not even need him unless he would take a a hometown discount. It would have to work out and make sense for both sides. I don't see it happening, but if it did, Maloney would look like a friggin genius. Getting a stud in Letunov for Michalek, just to get a healthier Michalek back for no assests lost a few months later. Getting a stud defensman in Dahlbeck and a 1st round draft pick that turned into what looks like a steal on the draft floor with Nick Merkley, then grabbing a cup winning Vermette back a month later at a home town discount. Again, with no assests lost.

If he were able to grab Duclair, the 2016 NYR 1st round draft pick, and then sign Yandle to a hometown discount deal this offseason, he would've pulled off an absolute heist.

I don't know if I would call Z and Dahlbeck studs, but I get what you are saying and I agree.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Watching our power play so far this season, I would pay Yandle whatever he wants. We need him. With all the offensive power in the pipeline a second puck moving D is the piece that would really put us in contention going forward.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Nice post. DM is looking pretty smart on all these deals so far.

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015
I agree, but he kind or reminds me of Don Murdock back in the day when he broke into the league. Around the puck he was gold, but away from the puck....... If Duclair listens and learns he will be fine.

Don Murdock...? :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->