Confirmed with Link: Yandle, Summers, 4th-2016 traded to NYR for JMoore, Duclair, 1st-2016, 2nd-2015

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Complete deal:

To ARI:
John Moore
Anthony Duclair
2016 1st
2015 2nd

To NYR:
Keith Yandle (50% retained)
Chris Summers
2015 4th

Why the **** are we giving up a 4th? I know a 4th usually won't amount to much (yes, I know Yandle was a 4th round pick). I get why Summers was thrown in, but was the pick really necessary? We aren't even getting a 2015 first FFS.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Duclair is an A prospect. Hes no slouch at all. What return from New York would have made you guys happy? You guys arent contending anyways, would you rather have kept him for the remainder of his contract? He had like Domi value for the Rangers after the WJC and his first 20 ish games.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Well the days of scoring exclusively from our back end is over. And I'm ok with that. Once the dust settles I say we win this. Not what we were hoping for but I think we still win

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
Duclair after a solid WJC somehow has elite top forward potential...NO!

He has the possibility of being a good 2nd line forward, but I highly doubt he'll ever be good enough for our top line.

And when you consider that, this deal becomes ****.

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
Friendly reminder that Duclair was drafted in the 3rd round and the only time he's showed he had top line potential was at the WJC playing with Domi. Hopefully that's true when they play together here.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Granted I have limited viewings of duclair, but I think we got royally hosed. Maloney needs to go asap.

This is a great trade for you guys. The future is bright.

Forwards in the future include: Domi, Duclair, Perlini, Dvorak, Lessio, Dauphin, Samuelsson, MacInnis, Karlsson, Reider. Plus Hanzal+Boedker

Also have a top 4 pick for sure so add 1 of McDavid/Eichel/Marner/Strome/Hanifin

plus plenty of picks.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Duclair is an A prospect. Hes no slouch at all. What return from New York would have made you guys happy? You guys arent contending anyways, would you rather have kept him for the remainder of his contract? He had like Domi value for the Rangers after the WJC and his first 20 ish games.

Duclair being an A prospect is not a consensus opinion. He looked pretty bad in limited action against NHLers. Meanwhile you just gained the highest scoring defenseman in the entire league over the past 5 seasons not named Karlsson for half off. I would've much rather given Yandle a 6 year extension and the Captaincy.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
You guys sound salty here, but wait till you read the Rangers boards... they seem more livid than you guys. Them losing Duclair sounds like the world is ending, the trade isnt that bad at all. Maybe if was a 2015 pick it would heavily favor you guys. I know its tough losing Yandle and stuff, but i mean you have to look towards the future, the Coyotes are not contending during Yandles prime. What if Duclair turns into a #1 winger for you guys in 2-3 years. At least give it some time.

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
I'm not sure OEL will ever reach Yandle's pure offense numbers. Will be way better defensively though.

He comes close. Without the bonehead plays at the other end of the rink.

I also ask Myself is this about getting rid of large contract? While just getting younger? "The Times Are A Chang'n

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
You guys sound salty here, but wait till you read the Rangers boards... they seem more livid than you guys. Them losing Duclair sounds like the world is ending, the trade isnt that bad at all. Maybe if was a 2015 pick it would heavily favor you guys.

HF whining about a hot prospect being traded? Color me shocked. Duclair is solid, not great. Not the return I'd look for.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012

I'm glad Rangers fans are so high on him, and that's encouraging, along with the fact that he played with Domi. I was just hoping we'd get at least an established top six forward if we ever traded Yandle. He was poised to become our next captain and could rack up points with little help around him, so I'm naturally sad to see him go.

I guess at the very least this should help us free fall to McEichel.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Maloney delivering on what the ownership requested: getting younger, getting good profile prospects, getting picks.

I find impossible to grade this trade, too much hanging in the future.

Right now: if I understand the economics of it, of course, I cringe at the thought that we are now paying 50% of Yandle for him to play for the Rangers.

We drafted him, we nurtured him, we gave him a A, and he paid back at every step.

We are now paying to be away.

Sad.

cactus shake

Oct 22, 2013
:( main response to this is a stupid emotional one, as it just kills to lose one of the few guys who has made this team at all watchable over the last few years. We can debate the holes in Yandle’s game all day, but he’s done a lot of good for this team & has been an incredibly easy player to root for through a generally awful period. So I’m not sure I would have felt happy whatever the return.

And I know Yandle’s importance to this ****** team has made me at least overrate his trade value, but it feels weird to assume that this is the best return we could get for him.

Still good pieces though. Adding a great RH shot (edit: dammit, thought he shot right as opposed to just playing off hand) to the prospect pool in Duclair feels like a big thing, less pressure on Perlini to hit. If we score a McEichel then it will start to feel like a great return. The picks we’ve acquired give us a shot at hopefully picking up another high potential centre to go along with a now decent handful of wingers.

It was always going to be that way, which is why many of us advocated going all in on even more assets.
Ha yeah I'm not surprised I'm a little slow on the uptake.

Last edited:

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Duclair after a solid WJC somehow has elite top forward potential...NO!

He has the possibility of being a good 2nd line forward, but I highly doubt he'll ever be good enough for our top line.

And when you consider that, this deal becomes ****.

And what exactly has domi done!?! Seems like WJC was also his coming out party as well.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
The retention is a complete joke. This looked like he almost dumped Yandle in desperation. And getting another dman back? ****ing Tippett might as well run 10 Ds out there a game. Might as well have one happy Coyote in the organization. Can't wait until we sign a bunch of cast off scrubs to fill the roster.

It's getting to the point where if we don't pick one or two, the team will be guaranteed to move.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
#FireMaloney

Yuuuuuup. I hate hash tags but this is one I'm Ok with.
I'm glad Rangers fans are so high on him, and that's encouraging, along with the fact that he played with Domi. I was just hoping we'd get at least an established top six forward if we ever traded Yandle. He was poised to become our next captain and could rack up points with little help around him, so I'm naturally sad to see him go.

I guess at the very least this should help us free fall to McEichel.
Yup, what was the old quote, if we ever trade Yandle you'll see why? I don't see why.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm letting this percolate in my head a bit and the more I look at it the more I like it.

Even if it is a favor for Slats or Donnie being a "good Ranger," it's a solid move for us to rebuild this piece. It fundamentally changes the room, for sure, and it's going to force all the other elements of the team to step up offensively. Plus we have plugged up a little of that yawning hole in our end that Yandle often was.

Most excited about the prospect and the picks. There's a good possibility that Maloney could package the two picks he got from NYR with Chicago's 1st to get us another top-10 pick in this year's draft. But if not, that still positions us well for next season if we want to go all-out to get Matthews.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The retention is a complete joke. This looked like he almost dumped Yandle in desperation. And getting another dman back? ****ing Tippett might as well run 10 Ds out there a game. Might as well have one happy Coyote in the organization. Can't wait until we sign a bunch of cast off scrubs to fill the roster.

Moore is a fun little gamble. He has some real upside. Time will tell. The retention doesn't hurt the Coyotes at all. It is a huge favor to the Rangers, however, which is why I'd want another pick or prospect in the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->