Confirmed with Link: Yandle, Summers, 4th-2016 traded to NYR for JMoore, Duclair, 1st-2016, 2nd-2015

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
The retention is a complete joke. This looked like he almost dumped Yandle in desperation. And getting another dman back? ****ing Tippett might as well run 10 Ds out there a game. Might as well have one happy Coyote in the organization. Can't wait until we sign a bunch of cast off scrubs to fill the roster.

It's getting to the point where if we don't pick one or two, the team will be guaranteed to move.

The rangers were up against the cap so for the deal to happen Arizona had to retain salary and take back some salary(moore)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Sather is going to flip 50% off Yandle in the summer for something great, I can feel it. **** me.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Yup, what was the old quote, if we ever trade Yandle you'll see why? I don't see why.
I think Duclair is the real deal. Substitute in names for picks and see if you like it better.

Yandle, Summers
Duclair, Hank Samuelsson, Christian Dvorak, Mike Stone

My mind isn't blown but I'm not angry.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
We didn't have to trade an All Star dman for Domi.

No, but the chemistry those two had together was something special. Might be worth a yandle. Former all star. The 1st will be interesting. Having 2 is awesome for next year. Also, the 2nd will be useful as well.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
We didn't have to trade an All Star dman for Domi.

Cmon Yandle is a great offensive dman, but you are never going to win as him as your best player. Duclair is 19 years old. Its worth the gamble. Plus a first and 2nd. Heck you got Dvorak with a 2nd, and Phoenix has been respectable at drafting these past couple years. Building through the draft and young players is the formula for success.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Moore is a fun little gamble. He has some real upside. Time will tell.

Truth be told, I've wanted John Moore for the Coyotes for years. Not sure if he panned out to what I thought he would be but I think he's a solid piece.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Is there any chance that this could have been Maloney doing Yandle a favor and giving him a chance at a Cup in the next two years, since the Coyotes likely won't be very good in that same time frame? And then if Doan retires after his contract expires next year, AZ re-signs Yandle as a UFA and names him captain? If so, that would be brilliant!

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I think Duclair is the real deal. Substitute in names for picks and see if you like it better.

Yandle, Summers

A bag of what ifs for a proven all-star.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Very mixed feelings on this. We really wont be able to judge it until all the pieces are in the NHL. This could be a huge win, but we wont know for another 4-5 years. If Duclair comes in and is a legit top 6 this starts to look very good. If the 2nd and 1st land us valuable pieces this gets better. If Moore becomes a solid NHL player we get a cherry on top. If we sign Yandle in two years this will be the trade of franchise history.

My gut is saying Yandle wanted out. Really wish we got a NHL ready center from this though. Not thrilled yet.

Feb 12, 2003
I can't say this is the return that I expected for Yandle. All along the talk was that it was going to take three key pieces back in a Yandle trade. Those pieces were always defined as a top 6 forward (Duclair is a prospect), a top prospect (2015 2nd rounder + Moore?) and a 1st Rounder.

I understand why we are retaining salary, but I bet if Detroit and Tampa could have made a trade for Yandle @ 50% retained we could have had a better deal.

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
And what exactly has domi done!?! Seems like WJC was also his coming out party as well.

Was drafted in the 1st round, has had nearly 2 PPG as a 17 and 18yo?

Looked pretty good in the NHL too. Not his fault he was sent down.

Duclair has put up 1 season above PPG in the OHL. Domi has put up 2. That's significant. And you don't get drafted in the 3rd round if scouts think you have legitimate top line potential.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Cmon Yandle is a great offensive dman, but you are never going to win as him as your best player. Duclair is 19 years old. Its worth the gamble. Plus a first and 2nd. Heck you got Dvorak with a 2nd, and Phoenix has been respectable at drafting these past couple years. Building through the draft and young players is the formula for success.

Duclair is a huge question mark. And Yandle was an All-Star who is still in his prime without playing with top line talent. We were already in McEichel territory with him on the team.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Yandle, Summers

We could fill that list in with bad names and it would look terrible. I see what you're saying and I'm probably overreacting, but we shipped out an established top offensive dman, and didn't get back anything established in turn. If duclair shows up next year and is a beast I'll gladly eat crow, and no I really haven't seen enough of him to say he won't but I'm worried we just gave away Yandle for potentially nothing.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
The prospect is 19. That means the team will use the out clause before Tippett ever gives him a shot (or he'll demand a trade before that). We are officially in full rebuild. Can't see how the attendance is good enough for the team not to move now. We have to draft 1st or 2nd.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!

Duclair has put up 1 season above PPG in the OHL. Domi has put up 2. That's significant. And you don't get drafted in the 3rd round if scouts think you have legitimate top line potential.

Duke is in the Q, not the O.

Edit: don't tell zetterburg about that. Or tom Brady. Top talents selected in late late rounds. ;)

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It's a good trade. Many on this board are reacting based on emotion, and not rational thought on what needs to be done to make the team better over the next decade.

Endowment Effect: The fact that people often demand much more to give up an object than they would be willing to pay to acquire it.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
There's a silver lining in all of this. With Vermette, Z, Yandle, and possibly others leaving, we're a legit threat to finish 30th. and land a top-2 pick.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Yup. Character concerns had something to do with it but still.

Duclair is a huge question mark. And Yandle was an All-Star who is still in his prime without playing with top line talent. We were already in McEichel territory with him on the team.

Agreed completely. Again the old if we trade Yandle you'll see why quote was bull.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad