Confirmed with Link: Yandle, Summers, 4th-2016 traded to NYR for JMoore, Duclair, 1st-2016, 2nd-2015

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
Draft picks mean absolutely nothing after you are drafted. I hope you understand this. Dvorak is a great player and will be a great NHLER, I dont undervalue him because hes a 2nd round pick. Lets be real here. Theres a lot of people who would take Duke over Virtanen and Ritchie and Dal colle who were top 10 picks.

Draft placements are absolutely indicative of what your potential is, and how likely it is that you make the NHL. They show that the lower you are, the lower your chances to get in. Whether it be because of injury, attitude problems, or simply because you have a lot of holes in your game, that is the simple truth. Guys like Zetterberg and Datsyuk and Benn made it because they fixed those holes. Duclair can too. But he evidently has more holes to fix than the other guys drafted before him.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I assume we didn't get a center because GMDM is hoping for McDavid or Eichel. And why not? It's the best strategy and has been all year, even with its risks. Now in GMDM's view we have two wingers for him.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
.Moore is a 3rd pair physical Dman (which we've been seriously lacking).

Moore has career highs of 57 hits and 70 blocks. And MSG is notorious in inflating hit totals - they regularly gave Callahan 300+ hits/season.

Moore is a 3rd pairing LH PMD at this point. Exactly what we don't need on our blueline.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I absolutely understand that and is what I was originally getting at. DM traded Yandle, a proven NHL all-star, for a bag of what ifs. Duclair could end up awesome but he could also end up average or crappy. You guys got the guarantee, the Coyotes did not. Bag of ifs.

I understand this , but think of it this way, the Coyotes are not contending during the duration of Yandles prime. He probably has another 3-4 years at being a top offensive dman. Either way, you either have him on your team on a bottom feeder putting up huge numbers, or you trade your biggest asset whose turning 29 for a young top prospect who you are relying on to be apart of your young core. Even if you have Yandle on the team, it makes no difference to the success of the coyotes in the near future. You guys are at least 3-5 years from being a LEGITIMATE threat. Year in and year out contender. By that time Yandles contribution will not be as impactful. Its a buisness, its about selling high and buying low and taking risks and putting up a plan. Its not A>B so A is better than B easy.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Duclair is a small, one-dimensional left shooting winger who fell to the third round despite having first round talent due to character issues. Duclair has acknowledged those flaws. In his defense, all reports are that he's moved past them and is now a solid citizen. Hopefully a big fat NHL salary and some pro level hype won't change that. He's got huge offensive upside, but is a complete coin-toss at this point.

John Moore has developed poorly. He's young enough to turn it around, but he's running out of time to prove he's more than a tweener OFD with limited production and suspect D. Right now he's another of these very tall PMDs that are mobile but don't produce, don't use their size effectively, and are not plus defenders.

A late 2nd in five months and a late 1st in 17 months are nothing to sneeze at but don't exactly make me jump up and down.

We needed NHL ready centers with top two line upside. We didn't get any. We needed young right shooting forwards. Got none. We needed strong, solid, young D. Nope. Needed a Yandle fill-in. Nope.

If this were 12 months from today and we knew Yandle was going UFA, then this is a great trade. If Yandle had publicly asked for a trade then this would be a great return. None of that is the case. We didn't NEED to trade Yandle. We didn't HAVE to take whatever the best offer was. We settled on the best available deal. Which wasn't necessary.

It's a fine return. Adequate. A bunch of future "stuff". Yandle is an elite D in his prime and the heart of the team. I don't get why we had to do this deal in 2015. This is a 2016 trade.

I've advocated trading Yandle for awhile, but like you, I'm upset we didn't get a young center with top two line potential, or a physical, young D.

That being said, this roster has literally been completely gutted (especially when Z, Erat, and possibly others are moved tomorrow). This should give us a good a shot as anyone to land 30th. and get McEichel. I mean, who's going to score on this team for the next 20 games?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Somehow every black player in the canadian media has character issues. I'm skeptical.

Next thing you know they will be describing him as Brash.

Duclair himself has acknowledged his behavior as damaging. If you just paid attention maybe you wouldnt have to rely on baseless skepticism to get by.

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
I understand this , but think of it this way, the Coyotes are not contending during the duration of Yandles prime. He probably has another 3-4 years at being a top offensive dman. Either way, you either have him on your team on a bottom feeder putting up huge numbers, or you trade your biggest asset whose turning 29 for a young top prospect who you are relying on to be apart of your young core. Even if you have Yandle on the team, it makes no difference to the success of the coyotes in the near future. You guys are at least 3-5 years from being a LEGITIMATE threat. Year in and year out contender. By that time Yandles contribution will not be as impactful. Its a buisness, its about selling high and buying low and taking risks and putting up a plan. Its not A>B so A is better than B easy.

Giordano's contributions sure seem to be a lot, and I don't think Flames fans are all to worried about him slowing down to much in a couple of years.

Jibby95

Mar 22, 2011
Leafs fan here.

Are you guys not disappointed with this return?

Yandle is one of (if not THE) best PP D in the NHL and TBH is better in his own end than alot of the other offensive/flasy D-men. I feel like this package is simply not big enough for a 50% Keith Yandle. That 2nd should be another 1st and there should be another B level prospect on top of this. Or the current package is fine with Yandle no retention and like take out your 4th rounder or something.

What do we think?

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
I've advocated trading Yandle for awhile, but like you, I'm upset we didn't get a young center with top two line potential, or a physical, young D.

That being said, this roster has literally been completely gutted (especially when Z, Erat, and possibly others are moved tomorrow). This should give us a good a shot as anyone to land 30th. and get McEichel. I mean, who's going to score on this team for the next 20 games?

OEL and Boedker will probably get 40 goals each just to prove you wrong.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don't get why we had to do this deal in 2015. This is a 2016 trade.

And if they approached Yandle about initial extension talks and were rebuffed? Suddenly Don looks pretty good. I'll wait until the dust has settled and the team is in camp next year. The full story will come out someday.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
We don't have 3 to 5 years. That's the problem. This was a desperation trade we didn't have to make throwing us into complete rebuild. We had a small nucleus to retool around that included Yandle.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014

OEL playing all 4 lines plus goalie!!!!!!!!! :sarcasm:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011

Yeah, we seriously have to be favorite for McDavid now. With Yands and Vermette gone, OEL is now top with 31 points :laugh:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yeah, we seriously have to be favorite for McDavid now. With Yands and Vermette gone, OEL is now top with 31 points :laugh:

Buffalo fans were already ******** up the trade board with tank complaints. Brace yourselves.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Leafs fan here.

Are you guys not disappointed with this return?

Yandle is one of (if not THE) best PP D in the NHL and TBH is better in his own end than alot of the other offensive/flasy D-men. I feel like this package is simply not big enough for a 50% Keith Yandle. That 2nd should be a 1st and there should be another B level prospect on top of this. Or the current package is fine with Yandle no retention and like take out your 4th rounder or something.

What do we think?

I'm betting that he's not an easy asset to move and that's why the return is underwhelming. I'm very high on Yandle (I birthed him afterall), but I never saw a deal with the return most people want. That's why I never wanted to move him.

I'm disappointed but it's a deal I'll have to give time to before i judge it totally.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Draft placements are absolutely indicative of what your potential is, and how likely it is that you make the NHL. They show that the lower you are, the lower your chances to get in. Whether it be because of injury, attitude problems, or simply because you have a lot of holes in your game, that is the simple truth. Guys like Zetterberg and Datsyuk and Benn made it because they fixed those holes. Duclair can too. But he evidently has more holes to fix than the other guys drafted before him.

No it isnt. Draft position is subjective. Its all opinion based. Sure first rounders>the rest, but it doesnt really mean anything in the long run. You are completely wrong in your assessment of a player. Once a player has been drafted he already has an identity. You cant be like Duclair is a "third rounder" anymore, no that is wrong . ANTHONY DUCLAIR IS ANTHONY DUCLAIR. You cannot compare him to anyone else. You cannot label his status as a third rounder anymore. He is Anthony Duclair, you can bring up all the statistics in the world and that will not predict the success of him.

diceone

Aug 14, 2006
tempe
Duclair himself has acknowledged his behavior as damaging. If you just paid attention maybe you wouldnt have to rely on baseless skepticism to get by.

We've had a great track record with "character issues" here... :help:

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I understand this , but think of it this way, the Coyotes are not contending during the duration of Yandles prime. He probably has another 3-4 years at being a top offensive dman.

Yandle is a finesse d-man with near-immaculate durability putting up 50+ points regularly without any legit top line talent. Pretty sure if we actually land a McEichel and Domi/Perlini developed acc. to plan he'd be hitting 60 points in his 30s.

Pittsburgh made the playoffs in year 2 of Crosby and made the SCF in Year 4. I'm pretty sure with smart roster building McEichel could feasibly get us in a similar place.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Anybody who describes Moore as a physical D just googled him, noticed his height on his stat line and hasn't watched him play. Right now, he's a tall David Schlemko. Mobile, puck-mover who doesn't actually up points and isn't a plus defender. He could turn it around. He better start today because a year from now it'll be too late.

It is imperative, by the way that we fire Jim Playfair now that we'll be relying entirely on D under 25. Playfair must go. The future of the franchise depends on it.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Buffalo fans were already ******** up the trade board with tank complaints. Brace yourselves.
Oh **** me, Buffalo fans have absolutely zero right to be pointing fingers at a tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad