Speculation: Yakopov reminds me about Daigle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billybaroo*

Yakopov doesn't produce at all. He should have been among those who were sent to OKC. I would have called Omark up. He is producing in AHL and deserves a cup of coffee in Edmonton. If he does well he should stay here till the trading dead line.

Yakopov needs a character test. He brought here his agent to speak sh**. He needs to do his dirty laundry in OKC. I am really afraid that we have drafted Daigle II

As much as I agree with you, you can't do that to Yak..He and his agent would cry to the media and in a year he's off to mother Russia if you do that.
You have no choice but to handle him with kid gloves.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I absolutely 100% think that Yakupov should go to OKC. Todd Nelson would be great for him and his development.

Come to think of it, I'm really not sure why he's not coaching the Oilers.

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
Yes. He wants to play in NHL. Everybody seems to be afraid he will go to KHL and should be treated with silk gloves. Daigle II in making

Maybe if you spam this terrible thread with enough bad posts, you'll brainwash everyone into agreeing with you.

There are a lot of things wrong with the Oilers right now (pretty much everything). Yakupov is a very small part of that.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I think sending him down would be good for his development. Potentially terrible for his already strained relationship with the Oilers.

His play is weak enough to send him down. It would be good for him in the long run. But I just don't think he would take it well, and would hold it against the Oilers too much.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Considering the overreactions over in the Belov thread, just imagine if this happened. This place would make Chernobyl look like Hawaii.

McDeathbyCheerios*

What if we demoted Eakins?

Wouldn't it be great? We could bring Nelson up!
Nelson has had to deal with mediocre players, tons of recalls and musical chairs for a while and we have been doing pretty good in okc. He seems to make shiny turds shiny enough that you almost forgot they are turds

Evil Ernie

Nov 2, 2011
He doesn't really make it clear what the agreement is.

I was kind of concerned with his outright, verbal refusal to talk about his defensive game.

-25 and DEAD last in the whole NHL is something to talk about.

SterlingArcher

Mar 11, 2013
Basically Yak and Eakins had a long conversation Eakins said it was about 40 minutes and was the longest talk he has had with a player. He said that they have an agreement where if he does what Eakins asks he will be out in better places to score because that what they really need him to do. yak said it was a good talk and that they have an agreement between them and that he will sit out the next game and then go from there. No one seemed upset or aggressive seemed like they had a good talk even more than just hockey.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Yak needs to chill I think. I hope that's what this means. He's going to get his 6 million. Just maybe not this offseason. Even Stamkos sat out a lot of games. It can do a lot of good.

I truly believe that Yakupov has the potential to be the BEST player on this team. It's not going to come by just handing him a first line spot and all the ice time he can handle.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Maybe the agreement is he has to stop doing the splits and reaching with his stick, turning himself into a gliding human tripod, when he's still 5 feet away from the guy he should be closing down? And if he stops doing that he gets off the 4th line?

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Even Stamkos sat out a lot of games. It can do a lot of good.

Looking at Stamkos' GP over his career (79, 82, 82, 82, 48), at most he sat out 3 games, all in his rookie year...3 games in the month of January:

Jan 9 vs. Anaheim
Jan 17 vs. Florida
Jan 29 at Carolina

After that, he never sat out a game again...at least that's my assumption here, for all I know one or more of these games he sat out due to injury.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
He might not want to because of data restrictions, rather than his ability to load the video.

Ya I should've clarified it more I guess. I just couldn't watch it on my phone at the time

Basically Yak and Eakins had a long conversation Eakins said it was about 40 minutes and was the longest talk he has had with a player. He said that they have an agreement where if he does what Eakins asks he will be out in better places to score because that what they really need him to do. yak said it was a good talk and that they have an agreement between them and that he will sit out the next game and then go from there. No one seemed upset or aggressive seemed like they had a good talk even more than just hockey.

Thanks

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
Well, apparently Yak's offensive responsibilities are: play (good?), play system, play with every guy on the line... and get 2 points every game (~0:50 - 1:00).

Suffice to say, if he lives up to that deal, we'll be alright :P

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Yak needs to chill I think. I hope that's what this means. He's going to get his 6 million. Just maybe not this offseason. Even Stamkos sat out a lot of games. It can do a lot of good.

I truly believe that Yakupov has the potential to be the BEST player on this team. It's not going to come by just handing him a first line spot and all the ice time he can handle.

Since you're bringing up Stamkos, didn't the Lightning fire the coach that was screwing with him early in his career?

Craig MacAtaracts

Visually...
Mar 11, 2013
Anyone else find it comical that when Eakins is asked about Yakupov's playing time he says things like "we cannot give things to people," "you've gotta earn it," and even says that young guys need to "take their knocks" early on in their career, yet he is gift wrapping a spot to Roman Horak (who's about as proven as Anton Lander right now). Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see what Horak can do, but I'd like some consistency in this 'accountability' Eakins is preaching. I get putting Yakupov on the 4th line, he wasn't playing well, but after that Winnipeg game he should've been rewarded for his efforts. You can't say he's has to earn it if you aren't going to reward him when he does something well. That's like waving a treat in front of a dog to get him to do a trick, and then not giving him the treat after. Cruel as ****.

I find this 'agreement' kind of silly too. Yakupov basically has to jump through Eakins' hoops for Eakins to "try [his] best to put him in places to succeed." Shouldn't he be trying to do his best to do that (putting his players in a position to succeed) in the first place? I mean, he is the coach of this hockey team after all.

I'm trying to like Eakins, but he makes it awfully hard.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Eakin's on Horak:

"We're trying to put him in a spot where he can have some success too, not try to throw him down on the fourth line." "....try to set him up for success".

WOE0TTr.gif

I have no idea what's going on. Eakin's is blowing my mind right now.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Playing Yakopov less than 10 minutes a night or sitting him in the press-box is not be the best way to develop him.

Eakins wants him to play better away form puck. He learns this better in AHL where he get's more playing time in the game where is less speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark