Speculation: Yakopov reminds me about Daigle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tompa8989*

Why shouldn't he? It ahs to be better to play then just sit on his a** during the olympics.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Yakopov has slowed down

Yakopov is on the Way to cross -50 at the end of season. NHL game is too fast to learn defensive side of game for him. 20 games in OKC would do good for him

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Why shouldn't he? It ahs to be better to play then just sit on his a** during the olympics.

From Twitter today

(1/2) Something to consider: NHL teams received a memo prior to season saying that a player who plays more than 15 of 20 games prior to...

(2/2) Olympic break cannot be assigned to AHL during break. Strome move clearly made w/ eye to having him play during break. #Isles

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 3h

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
During the Olympic break wouldn't be a bad idea if Yak is fine with it and 100% healthy.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yakopov is on the Way to cross -50 at the end of season. NHL game is too fast to learn defensive side of game for him. 20 games in OKC would do good for him

He's been playing a lot better defensively. I'd send him down to get his offense going more than anything.

AssistantCaptain*

It's clear to see that Yakupov's confidence is quite sensitive, which is understandable considering his age. His confidence is also is a major component of his enthusiastic style of play. It would be stupid not to send him to okc. I think he needs to remind himself and others why he was selected first overall.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Personally I think the major issue with Yak is communication. Eakins can't communicate to others who speak English, his own language, how the hell is going to communicate to someone who knows barely any.

Send Yak to therapy for depression, he doesn't need OKC.

AssistantCaptain*

Personally I think the major issue with Yak is communication. Eakins can't communicate to others who speak English, his own language, how the hell is going to communicate to someone who knows barely any.

Send Yak to therapy for depression, he doesn't need OKC.

What are you talking about? His English is ten times better than last year. Of course he's emotionally shook. Look how he finished last season and compare it to the first half of this season. I bet he blames Eakins for this unexpected 180°

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
What are you talking about? His English is ten times better than last year. Of course he's emotionally shook. Look how he finished last season and compare it to the first half of this season. I bet he blames Eakins for this unexpected 180°

I bet the whole team blames Eakins for their 180 degree about face in progression. Hard not to.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

Extremely ignorant comment. You are clearly clueless about how much communication actually does go on between Eakins and his players, and about how much english Yakupov actually knows.

New coaches, rookie coaches - take time to acclimate, to find what works, to get to know the players. Put Yakupov on a team with more than 3 NHL-quality defenders and his shortcomings are not an issue.

Honestly, some posts on here make me wonder if half the board is completely new to hockey in general.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i hope he gets sent to OKC for the olympic break, it would be good for him to refresh and play his game and snipe mad G's

Quokka

Oct 17, 2012
Regina, SK
From Twitter today

(1/2) Something to consider: NHL teams received a memo prior to season saying that a player who plays more than 15 of 20 games prior to...

(2/2) Olympic break cannot be assigned to AHL during break. Strome move clearly made w/ eye to having him play during break. #Isles

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 3h

So does this mean the Oilers could send Yakupov down 6 games prior to the Olympic break and after the homestand ending on the 26th and Yak would then be eligible to play in the AHL over break? Or would it be 5 games because he was in the press box on New Years?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
So does this mean the Oilers could send Yakupov down 6 games prior to the Olympic break and after the homestand ending on the 26th and Yak would then be eligible to play in the AHL over break? Or would it be 5 games because he was in the press box on New Years?

I'm not 100% positive but I would assume he'd be eligible to play if we sent him down 5 games before the break.

Quokka

Oct 17, 2012
Regina, SK
I'm not 100% positive but I would assume he'd be eligible to play if we sent him down 5 games before the break.

Ah yes, no more than 15 games, I can't read. With Yak sitting in the press box for the New Year's game, perhaps he could be sent down (or sit) 4 games before the break?

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Extremely ignorant comment. You are clearly clueless about how much communication actually does go on between Eakins and his players, and about how much english Yakupov actually knows.

New coaches, rookie coaches - take time to acclimate, to find what works, to get to know the players. Put Yakupov on a team with more than 3 NHL-quality defenders and his shortcomings are not an issue.

Honestly, some posts on here make me wonder if half the board is completely new to hockey in general.

Uh huh. My comment came out incorrectly on paper than in my head but either way there DOES exist a language barrier for a couple of players on the team. While I do not know how much or how communication is handled, I can sure as hell see that communication is not been done particularly well in general across the team. Starting with the scrambly garbage that is our so-called defensive zone play, Yaks random floating, our mediocre PP, PK etc etc and on and on. I am sure having any form of language barrier doesn't help in the slightest.

Time to acclimatize? Quite a tame statement for a coach who managed to regress nearly every aspect of this team. It's not like he was promoted straight from Jrs. Communication struck me as a major issue when Ryan Jones said nobody on the ice communicates. That was quite a few games into the season and it struck me as odd, to how a coach wouldn't notice something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad