Speculation: Yakopov reminds me about Daigle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Petry, Arcobello, Hartikainen, Lander, MPS, Fedun, and Pitlick all seem to have at least possible NHL futures and they all improved a lot playing for Nelson. Marincin, Davidson, and Martindale might also if they keep developing. That's not a bad return considering the quality of the prospects he's been sent.

As for Yak coming to OKC, I don't think being in the AHL will "fix" whatever is wrong with him. Nelson demands a pretty serious two way game and doesn't allow for a lot of creativity or offensive dynamism. It'd be cool to watch him though.

Jury is out on how much the bolded improved. I would say very little if not regression. As for the others everybody but Arco has improved on an amount that is fairly expected with age and experience. The below par/on par is more the case. Again only Arco has exceeded expectations.

Hockey Monkey

Oct 4, 2011
Jury is out on how much the bolded improved.

No, not really (except for Petry, maybe). Hartikainen in particular went from a scrub who could hardly skate into a potentially decent NHL 3rd liner in 18 months, it was pretty impressive to watch. Lander's improvement has been similar.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Against Tamba Yakopov tried junior move which lead Tampa's first goal. Yak created some scoring changes but no goals. This game proved me that it is not only confidence and joy. It is also thinking. Nelson has a good record to train prospects...

OKC might be very muck OK now

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Yakopov went public with his frustration. Larionov is in Edmonton. He is not asking trafe for now. Between the lines we can read that he will ask the trade if his demand is not fulfilled.

http://oilersnation.com/2013/11/12/yakupov-wants-more-icetime

He wants to play 18 minutes in game. I think he can play 22-23 minutes in game but OKC. We need to send the message to the primadonna and demote him to AHL

Ugh, listen to the interview. The children Rishaug and Gregor were extremely unprofessional about this, and put these numbers into his mouth. The 22-23 minutes is nothing.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I would not send Yakupov down. His game is finally starting to come around, and he is hardly the only one not living up to expectations.

How is Eberle playing any better than Yakupov right now? Hemsky's game has gone severely downhill as of late too. And numerous other players are guilty of this too.

He was playing very poorly to start the year, but his game is trending in the right direction. Give him an opportunity again. Other players shouldn't be immune to benchings or healthy scratchings just because of seniority.

FlyOil

Dec 14, 2012
Philadelphia
Do I think it will happen? No. Should it? Probably not, because he's a first overall. I think this slump will end soon enough, but maybe if he got some more ice time and non-pressured hockey, he could get his confidence back.

I'm interested into seeing the outcome of Larionov coming to Edmonton.

Parch

Jul 31, 2005
This situation blows. Worst nightmare coming true. I was worried that he'd turn into a Euro prima donna when he was drafted.

Just watch. Oilers send him to the AHL, and he bolts to the KHL.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
He should be sent down. His single biggest issue right now is his ability to read and react and to react accordingly to the time he has out there. He rushes plays where he has more time to maintain puck possession or takes way too much time by himself when he should be getting a shot off. He was really turning it on near the end of last season with his ability to see the ice, and manage how much time he really has out there.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Do I think it will happen? No. Should it? Probably not, because he's a first overall. I think this slump will end soon enough, but maybe if he got some more ice time and non-pressured hockey, he could get his confidence back.

I'm interested into seeing the outcome of Larionov coming to Edmonton.

It is very difficult to get his confidence back. At this point he needs fourth line minutes and pp time. He should be thrown against weak opposition.

We can have fourth line that can play close to 10 minutes at even strength and 2 minutes pp time.

Gazdic/Smyth Arcobello Yakopov

This might be what is available for him now. You just need to consider is beeter play 22-23 minutes in ahl in all situations.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
He still deserves to be in OKC but the Oilers are so bad it probably doesn't even matter anymore.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
It is very difficult to get his confidence back. At this point he needs fourth line minutes and pp time. He should be thrown against weak opposition.

We can have fourth line that can play close to 10 minutes at even strength and 2 minutes pp time.

Gazdic/Smyth Arcobello Yakopov

This might be what is available for him now. You just need to consider is beeter play 22-23 minutes in ahl in all situations.

I'm amazed that you decided to bump this in present circumstance. I would think you would have left this thread to safely die an unseen burial and never to get resurrected.

In the midst of all this controversy your idea is to send Yak to OKC?

Seriously?

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
In the midst of all this controversy your idea is to send Yak to OKC? Seriously?

Yes.

1. His game is not coming together like some suggested in this thread
2. He will get his confidence back
3. He will learn defensive side of game
4. He will mature as a person!

and when he is back we will trade him for top2 defenseman or high pick in June. He doesn't belong to this team in the long run. But we need to increase his trading value first.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Yakopov doesn't produce at all. He should have been among those who were sent to OKC. I would have called Omark up. He is producing in AHL and deserves a cup of coffee in Edmonton. If he does well he should stay here till the trading dead line.

Yakopov needs a character test. He brought here his agent to speak sh**. He needs to do his dirty laundry in OKC. I am really afraid that we have drafted Daigle II

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Yakopov doesn't produce at all. He should have been among those who were sent to OKC. I would have called Omark up. He is producing in AHL and deserves a cup of coffee in Edmonton. If he does well he should stay here till the trading dead line.

Yakopov needs a character test. He brought here his agent to speak sh**. He needs to do his dirty laundry in OKC. I am really afraid that we have drafted Daigle II

Do you think Yakupov would actually report to the AHL?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Sure...we want to Nikita Filatov the kid. His pedigree means he will play in the NHL or KHL.

Interesting stat I just found. The season that Filatov first went to Syracuse, they played 49 different players that year. Nothing like chemistry.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
This was a dumb thread a month ago, it's a dumb thread now.

Especially considering he just put together 4 or 5 pretty good games in a row. Seems to have gone back into a little bit of a lul but he's a 20 year old goal scorer, it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad