Prospect Info: Yakimov ready to play in the AHL

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Hopefully the media learns from the Yakupov mess, and gives the kid a break. He definitely struggles with his English. But anyways, holy **** is he massive. I'm pumped to see him play

Yak-2 approves this message.

BPU4Wc0CYAAKXbI.jpg

Marc08

Mar 17, 2006
Hopefully the media learns from the Yakupov mess, and gives the kid a break. He definitely struggles with his English. But anyways, holy **** is he massive. I'm pumped to see him play

I think there is no need to worry about it. Oklahoma doesn't really care about hockey.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Not bad skating at all for his size. I think skating is one of the things he's been working on, as with Draisatl.

We could have some fairly large, decent skating guys in the next 2 years or so.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I thought he looked good in tourneys, very responsible. He didnt show alot of flash but i think that had to do with his role and the goal of the team. It translates to what his role should be on the nhl squad.

McDeathbyCheerios*

A future center depth of RNH Draisaitl Yakimov is looking pretty good to me.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Awesome interview.

Give this kid a season in the AHL before you give him too much credit. Talk is cheap. Let's see where his heads at a year from now, he seems to think he'll only spend a part of the season in the AHL, how will he react when he realizes he's there the whole year and more?

In the interview it came off like he thought he could make the team this year, not sure about that but love the enthusiasm,

What's this guy project as, checker or a scorer?

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
In the interview it came off like he thought he could make the team this year, not sure about that but love the enthusiasm,

What's this guy project as, checker or a scorer?

From the clips I've seen and info I've read, nothing has focused on his hits though he plays the cycle, is tough/impossible (in terms of the competition he has had so far) to knock of the puck, and gets the puck to the net. That said some of the clips i've seen of him showed him blowing past defenders though since I didn't watch the whole game or know anything about either team those defenders could have been pylons relative to NHL players...

Final Answer looks like he will top out as third line center if his development goes well.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
From the clips I've seen and info I've read, nothing has focused on his hits though he plays the cycle, is tough/impossible (in terms of the competition he has had so far) to knock of the puck, and gets the puck to the net. That said some of the clips i've seen of him showed him blowing past defenders though since I didn't watch the whole game or know anything about either team those defenders could have been pylons relative to NHL players...

Final Answer looks like he will top out as third line center if his development goes well.

If he could turn into an Anisimov I would consider that a success. It looks like he has all of the tools so I'm hopeful that he turns into a useful nhl player

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
Awesome interview from him considering his English. Seems like a good kid.

Loved that he likes Alberta because it reminds him of Russia. Saying he is home was nice to hear.

I know we all go overboard with this, but it really is nice seeing people who like Edmonton for it's pro's versus crapping on it for its cons.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I thought he looked pretty good in his first showing in North America yesterday. I'll be working during the game, but I'll watch it on youtube after.

IMO LD is going to have to play a lot better to solidify a spot in the NHL, because I don't think Yakimov looked so much better than LD yesterday, while I give Yakimov a 1% chance to end up playing full time in the NHL at the start of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad