Prospect Info: Yakimov ready to play in the AHL

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Good attitude. I think he's almost certainly starting in the A, but perhaps if he rocks it in OKC he can be a call up.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in camp.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I thought the title said Yakupov at first... I was like whaaat?

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
He's a centre however if foot speed and skating is and issue then i wonder if he would be more successful at the NHL level on the wing. If he's too slow he becomes too much of a defensive liability at centre.

Either way, I am excited to see him play.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Very excited about this player. If he can pan out as a 3C, maybe a poor man's Hanzal, suddenly size isn't an issue down the middle. Nuge-Drai-Yakimov would be a great 1-2-3 if they all reach their ceilings.

rickyrunfar

Mar 1, 2014
Watching youtube highlights it looks like this can use his size on the cycle. If Yakimov, Draisatl, Jujhar Khaira turn out lord stanley is ours :yo:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So his is BFF with Nichushkin.. Another reason why we shouldve drafted him over Nurse.
:)

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
He's already played against men as a 19 year old and held his own. Will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the North America ice.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I'm extremely excited for Yakimov. He has the potential to be a very good player and if he pans out, RNH-Draisaitl-Yakimov down the middle would be pretty solid.

The Perfect Human*

Who knows...maybe he's the answer for that big gaping hole at 2C

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'm extremely excited for Yakimov. He has the potential to be a very good player and if he pans out, RNH-Draisaitl-Yakimov down the middle would be pretty solid.

It'd sure be nice to have 2 220+ centermen in the top 9.

The more I hear from Yakimov, the more excited I get. He definitely doesn't fit the "Russian" stereotype

PaperDesigner

Mar 1, 2008
Yakimov is a good prospect. He had a pretty impressive year in the KHL considering the minimal ice time he received. Coming to North America this season is a good move for him, considering they will likely prioritize his ice time here and it will give him time to adjust to the North American game.

I hope he makes it as a second or third line centre.

Kulleroinen*

If he would have dominated kids in some canadian junior league, he would have been a first round pick. He will be a center for us, #2 or #3 very shortly.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I also thought this said "Yakupov", and was a little disappointed. Yakimov has already stated his desire to make the NHL and go through any hoop, happily, to do so.

Yakupov, on the other hand, could use some AHL seasoning. It would have been nice if it were him saying this.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
As long as he's able to adjust to the North American game I'd agree.

His game is probaly better for NA style too.

This guy sounds like a gamer. Left a lot behind to sludge it out in the AHL for 70k. He would probaly have made 500k in the NHL in his home country. That's a lot of character right there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad