Prospect Info: Yakimov ready to play in the AHL

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Yak, are you taking notes? This is how you earn credibility in the NHL.

I think rather than roast the guy (while I do agree with you) we should just put that disaster of a season behind us and start fresh, and try to create some positive energy for the kid. Sounds ridiculous I know but I'm sure he knows he went about things the wrong way.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
Yak, are you taking notes? This is how you earn credibility in the NHL.

Talking about it is one thing. After the draft, Zharkov was saying these sorts of things (along with implying that he is better than Yak, if I recall). Is he even going to be in camp?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hopefully he actually is ready to play in the AHL and can put up some offensive numbers down there. Decent season offensively for a 19 year old in the KHL. Hopefully he doesn't fall off a cliff like all our guys seem to do in their first couple of years in the AHL.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Hopefully he actually is ready to play in the AHL and can put up some offensive numbers down there. Decent season offensively for a 19 year old in the KHL. Hopefully he doesn't fall off a cliff like all our guys seem to do in their first couple of years in the AHL.

Difference is, he's not going from playing against kids to playing against men. He was playing in the 2nd best league in the world, against grown men. His transition should be smoother

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
And here's Yakimov in on a 2 on 1.. over to Yakupov... back to Yakimov, to Yakupov to Yakimov to Yakupov to Yakimov to Yakupov to Yakimov to Yakupov to Yakimov to Yakupov to Yakimov to Yakupov to Yakimov to Yakupov to Yakimov He shoots!!!!!!!!! HE SCOOOR................................sdxfgsdfxvb cpfghpsgvb nh *massive stroke*

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I also thought this said "Yakupov", and was a little disappointed. Yakimov has already stated his desire to make the NHL and go through any hoop, happily, to do so.

Yakupov, on the other hand, could use some AHL seasoning. It would have been nice if it were him saying this.

Kind of tough to compare the situations of a 1st overall NHL draft pick, with a 3rd round longshot. Yakupov was destined to pass through the leagues directly into the NHL, Yakimov will have to claw his way up.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
I think Yakimov would have been a high 2nd rounder, but there was zero indication he'd come over. But we had connections in his home town having drafted Yakupov so he let it slip to us he'd come over.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
I think rather than roast the guy (while I do agree with you) we should just put that disaster of a season behind us and start fresh, and try to create some positive energy for the kid. Sounds ridiculous I know but I'm sure he knows he went about things the wrong way.

Agree 100% I think it would be in everyone's best interest to start fresh this season.

Talking about it is one thing. After the draft, Zharkov was saying these sorts of things (along with implying that he is better than Yak, if I recall). Is he even going to be in camp?

Agree with this too, only time will tell if he puts his money where is mouth is, as they say. But saying the right things is the first step I guess.

Yakupov earned his "credibility" when he was drafted 1st overall bud. Comparing him to some 3rd rounder is ridiculous.

This is the attitude Yakupov had too, where he felt he was entitled to everything at the NHL level. Look how that has turned out for him so far.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
And here's Yakimov in on a 2 on 1.. over to Yakupov... back to Yakimov, to Yakupov to Yakimov to Yakupov to Yakimov to Yakupov to Yakimov to Yakupov to Yakimov to Yakupov to Yakimov to Yakupov to Yakimov to Yakupov to Yakimov He shoots!!!!!!!!! HE SCOOOR................................sdxfgsdfxvb cpfghpsgvb nh *massive stroke*

Oh man, Kevin Quinn's head would explode...

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
Is there room for two Yak's on this team? :sarcasm:

01_yak_blood_asenbrennerova_sq-ebe9461efdc134cd132790707c8e4d3828bcb2b6.jpg

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Awesome interview.

Give this kid a season in the AHL before you give him too much credit. Talk is cheap. Let's see where his heads at a year from now, he seems to think he'll only spend a part of the season in the AHL, how will he react when he realizes he's there the whole year and more?

Jun 9, 2011
Awesome interview.

Give this kid a season in the AHL before you give him too much credit. Talk is cheap. Let's see where his heads at a year from now, he seems to think he'll only spend a part of the season in the AHL, how will he react when he realizes he's there the whole year and more?
Nice that Yakimov put himself out there and did the interview. Seems like a friendly kid.:)

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Hopefully the media learns from the Yakupov mess, and gives the kid a break. He definitely struggles with his English. But anyways, holy **** is he massive. I'm pumped to see him play

Oilking83

Jan 14, 2009
Oil Country
Agree 100% I think it would be in everyone's best interest to start fresh this season.

Agree with this too, only time will tell if he puts his money where is mouth is, as they say. But saying the right things is the first step I guess.

This is the attitude Yakupov had too, where he felt he was entitled to everything at the NHL level. Look how that has turned out for him so far.

Right he should earn every minute like Hall/Eberle/Nuge. It's not like they were handed 1st line/1st powerplay minutes without proving a damn thing at the nhl level...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad