Post-Game Talk: Yaaaaawn

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
They are a group that is almost unique with respect to psychological theory.

They still aren't past the denial stage and at this point I don't think they ever will be. They truly live in a different reality than everyone else.

They put it all on Markstrom, yet they havent really turned on him it seems. They just act like it was a fluke. Well and a Tanev injury I guess.

I dont necessarily disagree but I do think its short sighted from them. Markstrom didnt really give them a chance to win that series. But the Oilers have a history of lighting him up. Calgary is pretty much always going to have to go through Edmonton if they want to do anything. Edmonton is in his head at this point.

The other thing is ... I dont think Smith was very good in the Calgary series either. And the Oilers still won 4-1. If Campbell is any kind of an upgrade on Smith (which I hope is the case), I just think the gap is even that much bigger.

Calgary's "star" players are just never going to outplay Edmonton's star players. Its not really a fault of Calgary, McDavid and Draisaitl are awesome and they proved it in that series.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I personally wouldn't have minded seeing another preseason game from Petrov... intriguing prospect and he even drew a couple penalties last night. Looked pretty decent in a game where there weren't many positives for the Oilers.

I understand he had no chance of making the team and sending him back to junior was inevitable... but a second preseason game I think wouldn't have been a bad idea just to see a little more of his potential vs at least "semi-NHL" calibre lineups.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
My friend from Calgary didn’t stop trash texting me until 2:00 am last night. He said the Red Mile was on fire and thousands of people were parading…
Most likely looking like this

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 2

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Calgary's lineup for tomorrow night against the Oilers:

Dube-Eakin-Milano
Pelletier-Ruzicka-Phillips
Schwindt-Zary-Klapka
Gallant-Jones-Duehr

Mackey-Meloche
Gilbert-DeSimone
Valimaki-Kuznetsov

Vladar
Dansk

All I see is a bunch of useless plugs who are ready to injure any Oiler.

Please give Holloway proper teammates and away from Virtanen, oof

Reactions: ujju2

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
All I see is a bunch of useless plugs who are ready to injure any Oiler.

Please give Holloway proper teammates and away from Virtanen, oof

I feel like these are pretty much the locked lines that Woodcroft wants to run with. Although we can't afford those so I think Ryan or Janmark has to get waived for the roster to work.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
They are a group that is almost unique with respect to psychological theory.

They still aren't past the denial stage and at this point I don't think they ever will be. They truly live in a different reality than everyone else.
If denial was only ever a temporary construct it wouldn't be denial.

I remember some arguments with City of Calgary lovers: "It doesn't storm here, we don't have floods, we don't have mega hail storms stop making stuff up"

So that De Nile flows pretty much throughout Calgary. They'll even say the mountains are closer because some of the photoshopped Calgary advertising shows that. They should shit with people and show the Himalayas in the background..see if anybody notices difference.

Reactions: oilers'72

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Pretty good breakdown about last night's Bakersfield Condors Flamers game: .

I keep advocating Studdy as an commentator for Oiler broadcast - valuable insight as an ex-pro depth player who takes listeners into the headspace. I enjoy this podcast mainly to hear his analysis along with the quirky personality.

Reactions: ZJuice

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Calgary's lineup for tomorrow night against the Oilers:

Dube-Eakin-Milano
Pelletier-Ruzicka-Phillips
Schwindt-Zary-Klapka
Gallant-Jones-Duehr

Mackey-Meloche
Gilbert-DeSimone
Valimaki-Kuznetsov

Vladar
Dansk
We finally get to see Schwindt-McDavid head to head. I've been dreaming about that match-up since the Prospects Tournament.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad