GDT: XX: Avalanche @ Canucks | 8 PM MT | November 16, 2019

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
The fight this team is showing amid an injury onslaught is very impressive.

The guys who need to step up are getting it done.

Few, if any player loves the big moment more than Nathan MacKinnon. He’s doing everything he can to will this team to victory.

Kadri and Burakovsky are coming through in a big way the last few games. Love Bura’s finishing ability.

Makar is driving the attack more and more from the backend. It’s not perfect, he makes some mistakes, but what he’s doing as a rookie is ridiculous. With the injuries, the Avs have needed him to drive more offence and he’s doing just that. It’s only going to get easier for him, when more skilled players get back into the lineup.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Keep picking up points on the way while we bide our time til we get Rants/Landy/Grubauer/Wilson back

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Just watched the highlights (at work so couldn’t watch live) and man Bieber is not good at getting square to the shooter. Can’t wait till Gru is back.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
upload_2019-11-17_2-18-11.gif

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Tom Hunter (from MHH) just made me unfollow MHH on twitter because they always retweet his bullshit rants. He was absolutely ok with not blowing the play dead and "Avs fans don't understand the rules". What a clown.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Finally after I've cooled down I'll post my thoughts

-Nathan fken MacKinnon. Absolutely carrying this team right now. Plays huge minutes and it doesn't phase him. 2 goals and a beautiful assist to Bura. Early season Hart trophy nominee imo.

-Cale Makar. I posted this on the main boards but I'll say it again here. As impressive as the 4 points are, I was actually more impressed tonight with his defensive game. Great stick positioning. Didn't make any mistakes in his own end. Good positioning. Bednar needs to start leaning on him more when defending leads as well instead of guys like Cole/Graves/EJ.

-I liked Zads tonight. Happy he's back. Was skating well and played a good simple game. His PK game needs some work though.

-Ian Cole and Ryan Graves were dreadful. They both have to STOP taking penalties. It's killing us. Coles penalty actually pissed me off more than anything Graves has done. What a stupid selfish penalty away from the play. It's like he thinks he's sneaky and the refs won't see him. Guess what they do and you look stupid.

-Credit to Bibeau. He played well. He stuck in their and it wasn't always pretty but he did his job. Good for him.

-Graves barely played the last period and a half. Hopefully he sits and they call up Rosen or Timmins. We need a shakeup back there. Not a Barberio for Graves shakeup. An actual shakeup. Time to try out one of the 2 AHL guys.

-Compher was brutal again tonight. So inconsistent. He's out of his league when he's on the 2nd line. Needs to be on the 3rd line against lower calibre competition to be effective. Good thing is he will be once we're healthy again.

-Despite the goal still didn't love Kadri's game tonight. He was better than against Edmonton but still need a bit more. Would like a bit more snarl and a bit more north south play.

-Nice read by Bura on his goal to sneak behind the Canucks defenseman. Hasn't had a big impact on the game good or bad but he's getting on the scoresheet which is nice.

-Hopefully Calvert is ok. We can't afford another injury especially to a guy like him. Heart and soul player. You can tell his teammates love him.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Why does our own fan base feel the need to nitpick Makar on one assist that he didn’t deserve?

It’s hella weird. Maybe it’s because some people had very strong takes that there was no way that Makar could replace Barrie’s offence?

I don’t get it though, we’re all wrong sometimes, you don’t have to belittle Makar to try and maintain some kind of argument.

Listen, it’s over. He’s better. It’s pretty obvious. The Makar train is leaving the station, get on board. We can like Barrie and Makar at the same time.

The kid is in the same point territory as Nik Lidstrom and Bobby Orr as a rookie.

Great players make other players better. MacKinnon makes Makar better. Rantanen makes MacKinnon better. Draisaitl makes McDavid better.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Why does our own fan base feel the need to nitpick Makar on one assist that he didn’t deserve?

It’s hella weird. Maybe it’s because some people had very strong takes that there was no way that Makar could replace Barrie’s offence?

I don’t get it though, we’re all wrong sometimes, you don’t have to belittle Makar to try and maintain some kind of argument.

Listen, it’s over. He’s better. It’s pretty obvious. The Makar train is leaving the station, get on board. We can like Barrie and Makar at the same time.

The kid is in the same point territory as Nik Lidstrom and Bobby Orr as a rookie.

Great players make other players better. MacKinnon makes Makar better. Rantanen makes MacKinnon better. Draisaitl makes McDavid better.

Jack Eichel makes himself better.

4 goals tonight while carrying a backpack full of cement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad