GDT: XX: Avalanche @ Canucks | 8 PM MT | November 16, 2019

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I have a sin to confess. A horrible, horrible sin.

There was a brief moment in time when... when... I thought Nathan MacKinnon wasn’t a very good number one pick. That he was a ‘meh’ pick. I was not a true believer.

And after the 2016-2017 season I thought we would have been better off with a player like Auston Matthews. I’m not proud of it. It’s a black mark on my soul to this day.

I just want to say that I’m sorry, and I will repent as long as is necessary.
View attachment 278759
We could've had Mackinnon/Matthews down the middle. IIRC we had the highest chance at 1st overall in the Matthews lottery before the last ball.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh and I noticed that following that big hit from Kassian that MacKinnon mostly ditched the hit-the-brakes move he relies on so much to create space. He did a lot more to drive toward the net, and the results speak for themselves. I especially loved him flat out powering right through a hapless Tanner Pearson behind the net to set up that Burakovsky goal.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
source.gif
Jeff Odgers (98-99), Chris Simon (95-96), Jeff Odgers (97-98), Brent Severyn (96-97), Cody McLeod (14-15), Cody McLeod (10-11), Peter Worrell (03-04), Cody McLeod (11-12), Ian Lapperiere (08-09), McLeod (08-09), Jeff Odgers (99-00), Scott Paker (00-01), ....

Zadorov is most PIMs is in 16/17 and it came in at 73. To be honest he is relatively tame to old school players. Once again, I say, if he can be signed on an affordable contract, he is worth his weight in gold. If he want's more than 4M per year, we need to trade him unless he is willing to sign for 5+ years at 4m. At that rate, he should be easy to move if it become necessary, but we've already seen how important depth is on the blue-line. We need to spend to keep it in tact....even if we find ourselves needing to trade it further down the road.

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Met Werner's family at the game, great people, both his parents were able to catch his 40 save shut out performance on TV which was pretty spectacular considering the time difference. What a hell of a game, a ton of Avs fans there and damn was it fun to watch us beat the Canucks with an AHL roster.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Jeff Odgers (98-99), Chris Simon (95-96), Jeff Odgers (97-98), Brent Severyn (96-97), Cody McLeod (14-15), Cody McLeod (10-11), Peter Worrell (03-04), Cody McLeod (11-12), Ian Lapperiere (08-09), McLeod (08-09), Jeff Odgers (99-00), Scott Paker (00-01), ....

Zadorov is most PIMs is in 16/17 and it came in at 73. To be honest he is relatively tame to old school players. Once again, I say, if he can be signed on an affordable contract, he is worth his weight in gold. If he want's more than 4M per year, we need to trade him unless he is willing to sign for 5+ years at 4m. At that rate, he should be easy to move if it become necessary, but we've already seen how important depth is on the blue-line. We need to spend to keep it in tact....even if we find ourselves needing to trade it further down the road.

You can stop right there. Not happening. He's not taking a discount, and the Avs are not going to pay him the sum he wants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad