UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
8vVgkSD.jpg

Lineups unconfirmed.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Considering how the Avs handle injuries (very conservatively), I would not be surprised if Grubs or Z return to the lineup after the road trip, even if they are fully practicing and appear healthy many games before that point.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I think the Avs are going to come out angry against the Canucks. They might still lose due to their AHL-level players, but they're going to put in a better effort for sure.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I think the Avs are going to come out angry against the Canucks. They might still lose due to their AHL-level players, but they're going to put in a better effort for sure.
I really don't think "effort" was the issue against the Oilers. Horrible defence and abysmal special teams were. And this isn't fixable over night because we are struggeling in those areas for quite some time now.

But getting Zad and maybe a goalie back for tonight might help a little.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I really don't think "effort" was the issue against the Oilers. Horrible defence and abysmal special teams were. And this isn't fixable over night because we are struggeling in those areas for quite some time now.

But getting Zad and maybe a goalie back for tonight might help a little.

It wasn't "the" issue by any stretch, but it was an issue certainly. A lot of guys didn't look nearly as engaged as I've seen them. Obviously defense and special teams were the primary issues, but the Avs have been able to win despite that due to superior effort. That was not the case against the Oilers. Not saying they would have won if they just played harder, but it might have been a bit of a closer game.

And to be clear, why I say effort, I don't just mean using energy - I mean commitment to playing the system, tracking players, checking hard, that kind of thing.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Gurbauer has been practicing for a while now, so hopefully he’s back in net. Should be some fun hockey to watch tonight, Van has some exciting players.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
Gurbauer has been practicing for a while now, so hopefully he’s back in net. Should be some fun hockey to watch tonight, Van has some exciting players.
Hopefully you are right. I am going to the game tonight! Stoked to see Makar live. Been watching hockey for 45 years now and he is already my favourite player of all time. Amazing personality to go with his elite skill set. All fans lucky to have him. Avalanche 5-4 in OT.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
The hockey fan of me is excited to watch this one for the EP/Hughes vs MacK/Makar factor but the Avs fan side if me is worried for who we have in net lol.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad