Boston Bruins XIII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Nick Ritchie 10g 10a for 20pts. in 36 games. +/- -8. I hate to knock him cause he has more goals then most on this team but he cannot stay on the 2nd line wing with the Davids. He is just painfully slow and I for one don't see a top 6 skill level in his game. I don't know where he fits in. special team PP and third line? He's a tough kid who this team desperately needs to keep other teams honest... I just don't know where he fits in. I don't see him as an energy 4th line guy, that leaves 3rd line. I know Garland plays RW but I would really like to see what a kid like him could do with the Davids.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Theres no chance a team gives up anything of value for Kase.

No more Grzelcyk/Carlo pairing. Grzelcyk/McAvoy is one of the best pairings in the league. Keep them together. This is why I’d target a veteran defenseman for Carlo.

Why are they acquiring a "veteran" to pair with Carlo? Carlo has 300+ NHL games under his belt, will be 25 in Nov. and has played in a cup final.

At this point Carlo should be the veteran of a pair, not the other way around.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nick Ritchie 10g 10a for 20pts. in 36 games. +/- -8. I hate to knock him cause he has more goals then most on this team but he cannot stay on the 2nd line wing with the Davids. He is just painfully slow and I for one don't see a top 6 skill level in his game. I don't know where he fits in. special team PP and third line? He's a tough kid who this team desperately needs to keep other teams honest... I just don't know where he fits in. I don't see him as an energy 4th line guy, that leaves 3rd line. I know Garland plays RW but I would really like to see what a kid like him could do with the Davids.

Ritchie has plenty of skill. Underrated hands, underrated passer. Far more skilled with the puck than say Milan Lucic who did just fine next to Krejci.

If there is an issue, it's on the effort level side, not the skill side.

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Ritchie has plenty of skill. Underrated hands, underrated passer. Far more skilled with the puck than say Milan Lucic who did just fine next to Krejci.

If there is an issue, it's on the effort level side, not the skill side.
Fair enough Point Dust, but if he has plenty of skill as you pointed out and its in fact hidden by his lack of effort... then I amend my original post and he needs to go. Sell while his numbers look good, find another heavy to keep other teams from running our talent.

Reactions: Estlin

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
I agree in theory but both Swayman and Vladar have looked good. It’s not a stretch to think one could rise to the occasion. We already know what Halak is .

Swayman has made one career NHL start and Vladar has, what, four, counting playoffs? I would pump the breaks a bit on any theories of bringing two rookie goaltenders into the Stanley Cup Playoffs. If anything, assuming Rask is out, the odd goalie out should be getting playing time in the AHL playoffs

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Why are they acquiring a "veteran" to pair with Carlo? Carlo has 300+ NHL games under his belt, will be 25 in Nov. and has played in a cup final.

At this point Carlo should be the veteran of a pair, not the other way around.

Grzelcyk -- McAvoy
Lauzon -- Carlo
Zboril -- Miller

Regular Season / Playoff Experience GP:

220/43 -- 219/54
57/6 -- 320/37
36/0 -- 340/29

Tinordi = 98/9
Clifton = 79/26

I think they're an injury to the left side of being screwed and I'd like to add a solid LHD to the mix who can bump one of Lauzon/Zboril down and out of the lineup. They're inconsistent and I think will be exposed come playoff time. Forward is my main point but I'd feel more comfortable if they could also add a defenseman to the mix.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Still trying to figure out how Coyle got a full NMC plus market value holy shit bang up job to Chiarelli’s assistant there.

Is it full? Pretty sure they can deal him to all but 10 teams? They can move Coyle if they really want to. I suppose he got it based on the stellar 2019 playoffs. The deal was also made not anticipating a flat cap due to COVID.

He needs a real playmaker on his wing or he will be stuck in the 25-30 point range. Johansson was great for him.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Grzelcyk -- McAvoy
Lauzon -- Carlo
Zboril -- Miller

220/43 -- 219/54
57/6 -- 320/37
36/0 -- 340/29

Tinordi = 98/9
Clifton = 79/26

I think they're an injury to the left side of being screwed and I'd like to add a solid LHD to the mix who can bump one of Lauzon/Zboril down and out of the lineup. They're inconsistent and I think will be exposed come playoff time. Forward is my main point but I'd feel more comfortable if they could also add a defenseman to the mix.
I feel the same way. You can never have too many defensemen. Especially when the ones you do have are inexperienced and/or often injured. Not sure I'd trust both Lauzon AND Zboril in the playoffs right now. I think ideally you get someone to pair next to Carlo, slide Lauzon down with Miller to form a rugged, hard-nosed 3rd pair, and then Zboril is your 7th D.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Ritchie is scoring at a 23 goal pace. He’s been very effective out front of the net creating screens, deflecting pucks. I like his game. They need a RW to carry that line. Once they find the magical unicorn that can mesh with Krejci I think Ritchie is suited just fine there as long as he continues to crash the net. As Jack Edwards would say, we need Krejci playing with a “bee under his bonnet”. Disinterested Krejci not enough. 7.25m he should be more engaged

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Fair enough Point Dust, but if he has plenty of skill as you pointed out and its in fact hidden by his lack of effort... then I amend my original post and he needs to go. Sell while his numbers look good, find another heavy to keep other teams from running our talent.

At times he didn't look terribly engaged last night (one shift in particular stood out in my mind).

But he's produced. He's made plays. He's scored. He leads the forward group in hits.

And for a team crying for offense he's been one of the better contributors after 63/37/88. I don't think he's done much of anything to keep other teams from targeting Bruins players. I'm not sure he'll ever be fully invested in that role, I don't think that is him.

He's got arbitration rights and I believe would still be an RFA in the summer of 2022 so I say give him a one-year deal and see if he can continue to produce. With all the decisions the Bruins need to make this summer I think Ritchie is pretty far down the list.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Grzelcyk -- McAvoy
Lauzon -- Carlo
Zboril -- Miller

220/43 -- 219/54
57/6 -- 320/37
36/0 -- 340/29

Tinordi = 98/9
Clifton = 79/26

They've had their ups and down but both are 24 now. If we can't rely on them in the playoffs yet, when can we?

We keep talking about guys who are 24-25 like they are young players and their not, they are entering the prime of their careers. Same with Bjork.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

member 96824

Is it full? Pretty sure they can deal him to all but 10 teams? They can move Coyle if they really want to. I suppose he got it based on the stellar 2019 playoffs. The deal was also made not anticipating a flat cap due to COVID.

He needs a real playmaker on his wing or he will be stuck in the 25-30 point range. Johansson was great for him.

Full NMC + a 10 Team NTC

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I look at Ritchie as an asset but he's a situational player--as I think they know.
I think he can be a tougher version of Tomas Holmstrom, but you need the right guys ahead of him like Detroit had. When Ritchie is in front of the net, he is dangerous. He is a tank. I keep him if the price stays reasonable.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Nick Ritchie is far from being an issue so I am not sure why some posters are all over him.

cuz he's lazy and could bring so much more with a consistent effort. shed 10 and work on his cardio and he could take it up a notch. seems so obvious but he is too lazy to care.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
My deals

JDB, Hall, 21 2nd and 22 3rd for Jenner and Savard.

Bjork, Clifton and 22 conditional 1st (if they sign him, if not it’s a 2) for Palmieri (50pct retained) and kulikov (25pct retained)

21 4rh for Erne

So......

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
Jenner -- Krejci -- Palmieri
Ritchie -- Coyle -- Smith
Erne -- Kuraly -- Wagner
Frederic

Grzelcyk -- McAvoy
Savard -- Carlo
Kulikov -- Miller

Or under the assumption Carlo isn't ready?

Grzelcyk -- McAvoy
Lauzon -- Savard
Kulikov -- Miller

Reactions: RustyBruins72

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
If the B's were in on Palmieri, why on earth wouldn't they do everything possible to grab him today? We have 3 games in 4 nights coming up, adding him to the forward group would be kinda nice, especially with Rangers and Flyers nipping at our heals.

I mean I focused on Palmieri but whoever we are targeting, today would be extremely ideal! I have no clue about the covid situation in the states but if Palmieri was coming from Jersey/Hall from Buffalo, do they have to self isolate or could they just be thrown right into the mix?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If the B's were in on Palmieri, why on earth wouldn't they do everything possible to grab him today? We have 3 games in 4 nights coming up, adding him to the forward group would be kinda nice, especially with Rangers and Flyers nipping at our heals.

I mean I focused on Palmieri but whoever we are targeting, today would be extremely ideal! I have no clue about the covid situation in the states but if Palmieri was coming from Jersey/Hall from Buffalo, do they have to self isolate or could they just be thrown right into the mix?
Covid protocol think Tinordi and the waiver claim

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad