Boston Bruins XIII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtDangle

Jul 22, 2019
Should we try Coyle on krejcis wing and trade for another C.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak

DeBrusk-(Hertl/Schenn/Getzlaf)-Smith

Ritchie-Krejci-Coyle

Bjork/Freddy-Kuraly-Wagner

Reactions: Gordoff

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Should we try Coyle on krejcis wing and trade for another C.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak

DeBrusk-(Hertl/Schenn/Getzlaf)-Smith

Ritchie-Krejci-Coyle

Bjork/Freddy-Kuraly-Wagner

I dont think it's a bad idea. Coyle has struggled this year and looks injured. Also I worry about Ritchies foot speed as the games pick up. I would prefer him on the 3LW.

Problem is debrusk doesn't deserve the spot either.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Palmieri just makes so much sense.

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Palmieri
Ritchie-Coyle-Smith

Assuming Bjork goes the other way:
Frederic/Kuhlman/Kuraly/Wagner/Studnicka/Senyshyn/Kase can give you a 4th line

Or I'd try and do Ekholm for Vaak +2021 2nd + Frederic

Ekholm-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Lauzon-Miller
Zboril/Clifton

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Before I trade any future assets I need to know the answers to the following

- how long is Charlie Mac out?

-when will Tuukka be ready to play?

- what is up with Pasta..injured, family situation?

Unless the answers are positive I don't want to sacrifice draft choices and/or young resources when the chances of a major run are slim

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Palmieri just makes so much sense.

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Palmieri
Ritchie-Coyle-Smith

Assuming Bjork goes the other way:
Frederic/Kuhlman/Kuraly/Wagner/Studnicka/Senyshyn/Kase can give you a 4th line

Or I'd try and do Ekholm for Vaak +2021 2nd + Frederic

Ekholm-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Lauzon-Miller
Zboril/Clifton
Not a Palmeri fan think he is over rated.
I would rather spend the assets he would cost us getting a Connor Brown or Garland.
They are younger / faster and better players vs KP.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
How long is halak signed for? Just wondering if any team would be interested in him at the trade deadline. Nothing against him but I feel like one of the rookies could be a solid backup going forward.

Halak is signed through this year. Given Rask's health, I don't think you want to sell on Halak if you plan on competing in the playoffs. Even if one of the kids takes the reigns, it's a good idea to have that veteran there in case the kid shits himself.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Still trying to figure out how Coyle got a full NMC plus market value holy shit bang up job to Chiarelli’s assistant there.
In fairness, up until this year wasn't Coyle the kind of player we wanted around here for a while? I have no idea who this guy is this year, but I applauded his signing. NMC seemed a little PC to me, but keeping him seemed like a win. I'm putting this one on the player - he just sucks this year.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
In fairness, up until this year wasn't Coyle the kind of player we wanted around here for a while? I have no idea who this guy is this year, but I applauded his signing. NMC seemed a little PC to me, but keeping him seemed like a win. I'm putting this one on the player - he just sucks this year.
He is still a better player vs Donato.
That is the way I look at it.
I think the constant changing of his wingers has affected his play as well.
After Pasty/Marchy and perhaps Ritchie, all our other wingers have sucked this year.
Get him some decent players to play with and he will perform better.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Halak is signed through this year. Given Rask's health, I don't think you want to sell on Halak if you plan on competing in the playoffs. Even if one of the kids takes the reigns, it's a good idea to have that veteran there in case the kid shits himself.
I agree in theory but both Swayman and Vladar have looked good. It’s not a stretch to think one could rise to the occasion. We already know what Halak is .

Reactions: HustleB

member 96824

He is still a better player vs Donato.
That is the way I look at it.
I think the constant changing of his wingers has affected his play as well.
After Pasty/Marchy and perhaps Ritchie, all our other wingers have sucked this year.
Get him some decent players to play with and he will perform better.

It’s funny cause if you do a quick search you’ll see this exact post in 2019 and 2020 too.

So he got $5M+ for 6 years and a full NMC to be entirely dependent on his linemates play...and that’s ok?

Not to re-hash the tradecause it was the right move at that time..not my intention posting but you brought up Donato. Donato’s producing more in less ice time and his most common linemates are Dylan Gambrell and John Leonard. Coyle’s most common are Craig Smith and Trent Frederic. It’s probably a toss up there.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
It’s funny cause if you do a quick search you’ll see this exact post in 2019 and 2020 too.

So he got $5M+ for 6 years and a full NMC to be entirely dependent on his linemates play...and that’s ok?

Not to re-hash the tradecause it was the right move at that time..not my intention posting but you brought up Donato. Donato’s producing more in less ice time and his most common linemates are Dylan Gambrell and John Leonard. Coyle’s most common are Craig Smith and Trent Frederic. It’s probably a toss up there.
I'm too lazy to look into it, but I would imagine it's a night & day difference in terms of matchups & responsibilities. Coyle I would think does a lot of heavy lifting for this team that Donato isn't doing. In any case I think it's pointless to compare the 2 now. That trade got us to within 1 win of a Cup. It didn't pay off quite like the Wheeler/Peverley trade, but it's close. At the time everyone thought Donato was gonna be a player and only after he struggled a bit did that take some pressure off. Now that he's figuring it out I see no reason to get bent out of shape about it as it's exactly what we signed up for. And Donato's on basically a 13 goal pace this year anyway while I suspect bringing little else to the table (I haven't watched him tbf). I'm losing zero sleep over that trade.

As for Coyle, I'm just gonna chalk it up to a guy having a down year in a weird season. I think when things are more "normal" and we have fans in the building again we'll see Coyle be more like himself. Or maybe he's playing through an injury. Or maybe it's just a slump. Idk but I think he'll be fine.

member 96824

Do we have enough cap room for Palmieri, Brown, and Kulikov?

Only if Rask doesn’t come back.

As Dom posted it’s a little complicated, but basically right now the B’s have a little under 6M they can add in AAV. They’ve also got John Moore’s $2.75M that can go to LTIR if they need to use it. Rask and Carlo is the big ?.

They won’t be able to get the max LTIR amount but for the sake of simplicity assume $8.75M is the absolute max unless Carlo or Rask are done for the regular season.

Reactions: PB37 and Alicat

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Kase and 2nd (2021) for Palmieri (50%)
Bjork and 2nd (2022) for Hall (50%)

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Hall-Krejci-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Coyle-Palmieri
Ritchie-Frederic-Senyshyn
Wagner, Kuraly, Kuhlman

Lauzon-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Zboril-Miller
Clifton, Tinordi, Kampfer

Reactions: bbfan419

member 96824

I'm too lazy to look into it, but I would imagine it's a night & day difference in terms of matchups & responsibilities. Coyle I would think does a lot of heavy lifting for this team that Donato isn't doing. In any case I think it's pointless to compare the 2 now. That trade got us to within 1 win of a Cup. It didn't pay off quite like the Wheeler/Peverley trade, but it's close. At the time everyone thought Donato was gonna be a player and only after he struggled a bit did that take some pressure off. Now that he's figuring it out I see no reason to get bent out of shape about it as it's exactly what we signed up for. And Donato's on basically a 13 goal pace this year anyway while I suspect bringing little else to the table (I haven't watched him tbf). I'm losing zero sleep over that trade.

As for Coyle, I'm just gonna chalk it up to a guy having a down year in a weird season. I think when things are more "normal" and we have fans in the building again we'll see Coyle be more like himself. Or maybe he's playing through an injury. Or maybe it's just a slump. Idk but I think he'll be fine.

Also too lazy to look into it but I would imagine you’re right. I’m not mad at the trade, I’m just baffled at the extension. Did Don just fax over a blank contract and have Charlie and his agent fill it in themselves?

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Kase and 2nd (2021) for Palmieri (50%)
Bjork and 2nd (2022) for Hall (50%)

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Hall-Krejci-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Coyle-Palmieri
Ritchie-Frederic-Senyshyn
Wagner, Kuraly, Kuhlman

Lauzon-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Zboril-Miller
Clifton, Tinordi, Kampfer

Theres no chance a team gives up anything of value for Kase.

No more Grzelcyk/Carlo pairing. Grzelcyk/McAvoy is one of the best pairings in the league. Keep them together. This is why I’d target a veteran defenseman for Carlo.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

No more Grzelcyk/Carlo pairing. Grzelcyk/McAvoy is one of the best pairings in the league. Keep them together. This is why I’d target a veteran defenseman for Carlo.

Ya I have to think Kase has zero value at this point. He's played just 87 games (not including PO) over the last 3 seasons and has a QO of $2.6 million. Don't see any team giving a $2.6 million QO to a guy who can't stay healthy w/ a history of concussions. Interestingly enough over his last 87 games he has 18G/26A, which would be a welcomed addition to this team :(

analyser

Jan 7, 2014

Sorry to say I think we are stuck with Kase and will receive very little if any contribution from him. I feel bad for anybody with these issues but if I was DS I would of stayed away from this acquistion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad