Boston Bruins XIII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Posting this here instead of the GDT. Wanting DeBrusk traded now or this offseason for pennies on the dollar and then complaining we lost the trade when he scores 25 next year for his new team would be on brand for this board. We have traded young players right after they had one poor season before and it usually ends up badly. Reilly Smith couldn't hit the broad side of a barn the year before we traded him. Vatrano might have had the worst 25 games i have ever seen out of an NHL player. I remember him having about a 10 game stretch where every game he managed to take an incredibly lazy penalty, sh% of sub 5% that year.

Note: I actually dont mind Lou's proposal, because while your not getting someone with high end talent back. You know what you get with Jenner and he has another year left and he can play on any line.

Reactions: Mantis and Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Can someone help me here - I can't seem to find Jakob Chychrun on the below charts. I'm sure I'm just reading something wrong. It's bizarre because McAvoy is near the top in both - maybe some sort of data error?

What a steal for Colorado to get Toews from the Islanders. Would of been EXACTLY what Boston needed to round out it's new Top 4.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
So......

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
Jenner -- Krejci -- Palmieri
Ritchie -- Coyle -- Smith
Erne -- Kuraly -- Wagner
Frederic

Grzelcyk -- McAvoy
Savard -- Carlo
Kulikov -- Miller

Or under the assumption Carlo isn't ready?

Grzelcyk -- McAvoy
Lauzon -- Savard
Kulikov -- Miller

Savard over Miller, Carlo ready

Kulikov Mac
Gryz Carlo
JZ-Savard
Lauzon-Miller

You can swap the bottom four around.

I would also use Ritchie with Krejci and Smith and the two new guys w Coyle to really spread things around,

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
So......

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
Jenner -- Krejci -- Palmieri
Ritchie -- Coyle -- Smith
Erne -- Kuraly -- Wagner
Frederic

Grzelcyk -- McAvoy
Savard -- Carlo
Kulikov -- Miller

Or under the assumption Carlo isn't ready?

Grzelcyk -- McAvoy
Lauzon -- Savard
Kulikov -- Miller

Yep. This works.

But I think JDB probably gets 25 at some point in the future with a new team.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Savard over Miller, Carlo ready

Kulikov Mac
Gryz Carlo
JZ-Savard
Lauzon-Miller

You can swap the bottom four around.

I would also use Ritchie with Krejci and Smith and the two new guys w Coyle to really spread things around,

Miller can play his off-side. Perhaps Savard might be able to as well. Lauzon may not be ready for an "all-in" scenario like this.

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Oates and Dust you both make good points. On the PP in front of the net he is "a tank" and has scored. Don't know what his goal splits are between 5x5 and PP off hand but I would estimate its 50/50 or lean PP. Its not that he doesn't have value and he brings it with hits when he is engaged and not a passenger... The numbers indicate he belongs in top 6 but my eyes tell me different.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Posting this here instead of the GDT. Wanting DeBrusk traded now or this offseason for pennies on the dollar and then complaining we lost the trade when he scores 25 next year for his new team would be on brand for this board. We have traded young players right after they had one poor season before and it usually ends up badly. Reilly Smith couldn't hit the broad side of a barn the year before we traded him. Vatrano might have had the worst 25 games i have ever seen out of an NHL player. I remember him having about a 10 game stretch where every game he managed to take an incredibly lazy penalty, sh% of sub 5% that year.

Note: I actually dont mind Lou's proposal, because while your not getting someone with high end talent back. You know what you get with Jenner and he has another year left and he can play on any line.

Edit: Nevermind...we got it covered

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
My deals

JDB, Hall, 21 2nd and 22 3rd for Jenner and Savard.

Bjork, Clifton and 22 conditional 1st (if they sign him, if not it’s a 2) for Palmieri (50pct retained) and kulikov (25pct retained)

21 4rh for Erne

I like the Jenner idea.
Donny would be more likely to try for Glendening than Erne-which isn't a bad idea. Glendening would be a horse for any 4th line.

Reactions: Gordoff

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
So Beetle and Zo just said there’s a report Boston is interested in Elvis Merzlikins.

Is this a stupid Jimmy Murphy rumor?

interesting idea. Might speak to rasks situation. Certainly solves a short term problem for what to do at goalie next year and this one. Have to think he fits in long term as a backup and short term as a starter for this year and next.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Anyone who thinks Chychrun is better than McAvoy is, and I say this with all due respect, a dope.

If mcavoy is better, id say its not by such a wide margin that boston would have long regretted the decision if they went chychrun in ‘16. Chychrun is really good

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
So Beetle and Zo just said there’s a report Boston is interested in Elvis Merzlikins.

Not a totally dumb idea. Don't know much about him, but decent numbers over parts of two NHL seasons. 26. Big goalie. Signed through next year with a $4m cap hit. Lets you walk away from both Rask and Halak next year, potentially, and roll with Vladar as backup, while Swayman marinates. I don't hate it.

Makes me wonder whether this came up in continuing discussions with CLB regarding Savard and/or Foligno

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Not a totally dumb idea. Don't know much about him, but decent numbers over parts of two NHL seasons. 26. Big goalie. Signed through next year with a $4m cap hit. Lets you walk away from both Rask and Halak next year, potentially, and roll with Vladar as backup, while Swayman marinates. I don't hate it.

Makes me wonder whether this came up in continuing discussions with CLB regarding Savard and/or Foligno

I really hope they arent in on savard. Exactly what this team does not need in my opinion

member 96824

"Merzlikins, who turns 27 on April 13, has one-year left on his contract after this season and comes with a $4 million cap hit. Teams like Chicago, Boston and Buffalo have poked around before and I wonder if any of those clubs have renewed talks with the Jackets. And no, Boston wasn’t a typo. There is some talk out of the Bruins organization that Tuukka Rask is playing in his final NHL season, and that could result in a move at some point. Darcy Kuemper is also on Boston’s radar." Activity heating up ahead of trade deadline — The Fourth Period

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Hopefully Nashville sells. I think Ekholm is the biggest need. Being able to transition the puck up ice is key to winning in playoffs. Then go for a rental at wing. Be it Palmieri Brown or some veteran of that ilk

Nashville won in OT last night but the Hawks also won. The Hawks are 2 pts behind them for the 4th spot. Ekholm looked good, he would be perfect for Mac. He has size, some scoring ability and much needed leadership qualities. When Mac is out there is no one to take all that on themselves and play big minutes.

For me it is Ekholm or a guy with his skillset and a scoring winger. Palms, Granlund, Garland

Be a bonus if they could land a grinder like Wood or Foligno type.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
"Merzlikins, who turns 27 on April 13, has one-year left on his contract after this season and comes with a $4 million cap hit. Teams like Chicago, Boston and Buffalo have poked around before and I wonder if any of those clubs have renewed talks with the Jackets. And no, Boston wasn’t a typo. There is some talk out of the Bruins organization that Tuukka Rask is playing in his final NHL season, and that could result in a move at some point. Darcy Kuemper is also on Boston’s radar." Activity heating up ahead of trade deadline — The Fourth Period
Nice, I can see them adding more in goal than to the top 6.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA

Interesting. Re: Kuemper, makes me wonder whether AZ is good with Hill and Raanta given that they're in essentially the same position as the Bruins in the West Division. All have played with varying degrees of success.

Makes me hope/wish for expanded talks including Garland, but I have a feeling that's off-season groundwork and Kuemper would be a one off for this TDL

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Wonder if Columbus would have any interest in prodigal son Sean Kuraly. I saw their beat writer Aaron Portzline speculate that they might try to sign him in the offseason.

Merzlikins is solid and I see the logic but I don't know how much I'd be willing to give up for him. Very hard to say what the goalie market is like these days.

Reactions: bbfan419

Pierre-MIchel

Jan 28, 2007
Ritchie is scoring at a 23 goal pace. He’s been very effective out front of the net creating screens, deflecting pucks. I like his game. They need a RW to carry that line. Once they find the magical unicorn that can mesh with Krejci I think Ritchie is suited just fine there as long as he continues to crash the net. As Jack Edwards would say, we need Krejci playing with a “bee under his bonnet”. Disinterested Krejci not enough. 7.25m he should be more engaged
I hate to say that but I believe that Krejci has lost a big step, still efficient on PP but has become more of a peremeter type of player in getting older. Scoring goal is still part of the job description of every centerman even if they are recognized as a good playmaker.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I hate to say that but I believe that Krejci has lost a big step, still efficient on PP but has become more of a peremeter type of player in getting older. Scoring goal is still part of the job description of every centerman even if they are recognized as a good playmaker.

DK has lost a step, but if he's no longer required to be the best player on the line...he can still be very effective. Especially in the offensive zone...he is still super creative and probably are best passer.

Pasta and him, for whatever reason never click 5 on 5...would be nice to get him a legit winger, to finally take off the pusher of our top line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad