Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Matthews ain't affraid to drop em if he has to. Marner is absolute TRASH. He is a regular season player but a playoff dud. He is in his late 20s closer to 30 eyars old than 5 years ago and hasnt shown F all. Marner gotta GO!

Nylander at least tries, has speed and plays the boards well when he is the late guy in; Marner is once again absolute TRASH

P.S. Not a complete fight here the start is missing where Matthews initially threw a huge left hook which stamkos ducked else stamkos would have been in teh hospital counting stars

It's funny seeing Leafs fans complain about Marner in the playoffs. Prior to this year he had 47 points in 50 playoff games. And if you can look back those were not high scoring games. Then you have this year with Matthew's MIA, Willie missing most of the series, and Marner obviously playing on a injured leg. To blame Marner is just a pile on cop out. The teams special teams were awful going into the playoffs. The power play was the worst I've seen in ages. This is a good team that was led by bad coaching. Keefe seems like a good guy but that's not what the Leafs need....and Boucher needs to go to as he was responsible for the power play which was complete garbage until the last game and a half.

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
I kinda want Steve Dangle to be coach just so I could watch he/him have a full emotional meltdown when he faces even the slighest criticism to the 'totally reasonable' things he yells about.

Internet narcissism + reality = entertainment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Al14 and ToneDog

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I want any coach that this hfboard doesn't want honestly.... everyone here wanted Keefe, dubas, shanny and look how they turned out.. oh and Babcock, remember the hype on here..... fans are so dam clueless ... so hope we get someone that ppl here Don't want
I don't recall anyone wanting Dubas over Lou. Did anyone here want a rookie gm, I don't think so. Shanny has done some great things overall, couple costly mistakes but overall he's done far more good than bad. It's just it's been 10 years, that's an eternity in sports. Without Shanny we don't have Matthews.

Keefe wasn't a horrible option, he did great in the AHL, was already in our system and familiar with some of the players. He was just beyond horrendous in the playoffs, he out thinks himself. Keefe being here as long as he was, was the problem. Should have been fired a couple years ago.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I kinda want Steve Dangle to be coach just so I could watch have a full emotional meltdown when he faces even the slighest criticism to the 'totally reasonable' things he yells about.

Internet narcissism + reality = entertainment.

I said it before and I will say it again, Steve Dangle is the worst thing to happen to Leaf fans since JFJ.

Reactions: JKG33

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
The good news is there's a lot of coaches available. The bad news is it seems like every team is in need of a coach atm.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Team needed a new voice and this is not really his fault. If he were to start his tenure now with his experience he’d probably do well. Don’t think he was ever really the problem. If his players bought in like game 5/6 and even arguably 7 they’d be a good team. Best of luck Keefer

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
There are only a handful of nhl coaching gigs, and only a few that get to do it for the long term.

Some would call that severance, and I’m sure you’d want one if you were let go.

spoken like a brutal manager that most people don’t want to work for. if you have to keep firing incompetent employees the problem is you. Incompetent employees are poor hiring decisions.
When you work for a large organization you don't get to hire your own employees, clown. Politically correct HR idiots like you do that for you, then you get to deal with their garbage. Now get back to your safe space.

Reactions: JKG33 and Cleetus

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I still want Gronborg, he would be one of the most entertaining coaches to have. He would tell media and everyone to foff way to often.

He would have so many fines. Challaging refs decisions, etc 😁

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
If Brind'Amour gets swept two series in a row why do we want him?
Eliminated/swept in the Conference Finals and 2nd round > 2nd round and 1st round exits. Brind'Amour's teams also have made it to a couple of ECFs while never failing to qualify for the playoffs.

I agree, what;s the enamour of Rod? He hasn't won jack.
He has won Jack though!

Reactions: saffronleaf

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Only candidate I want. Unless Cooper can bring Vasy with him :laugh:

Q is the only coach that won a cup with avg goal tending without having vezina level effort in net. We gonna have to find our duncan keith though LOL

I am not as high on Berube as some here

I also don't think Gallant is good for the youngsters we are gonna have on our team; Gallant IMO does pretty good with a team that is mostly "vets" we gonna have McMann, Holmberg, Knies, Robertson, Liljegren potentially Cowen and Minten in the mix. Its a retool year as far as I am concerned; Gallant probably not a right fit
Not a fan of Berube either but any new coach will have the juice to wrestle any resistance to change away from resistors.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
I agree completely.

Bluntly: 'this is the 3rd person whose job you've cost. Thoughts?"

Knowing this media though, and the sorts of embarrassing questions asked on Monday, I highly doubt anyone would be willing to ask anything that makes anyone remotely uncomfortable or building up of a sweat
they did once ask phil why he cost carlyle his job

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
I don't recall anyone wanting Dubas over Lou. Did anyone here want a rookie gm, I don't think so. problem. Should have been fired a couple years ago.
Almost all here wanted Dubas. There were few of us and I mean very few who did not want Dubas here. I still carry the scars from all the abuse that was heaped upon me. You make some great points but that one is incorrect. I can count on one hand the people that were against the Dubas here.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad