Post-Game Talk: X(XX) - Oilers Do Colorado

Which is a bigger priority to address in the offseason?

• Total voters

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
So within 15 minutes of last night’s Panthers game concluding, the NHL updated the scoring leaders to ensure Huberdeau’s 113 was on full display. It has nothing to do with the time of day and/or some automated process since the previous time it happened (when Secondeau took the lead briefly) it was much later at night.

It’s 9:55 MT now- want to take bets on how long it takes the league to give McD his 116?
I feel like this is the last thing Oiler fans, and McDavid, should care about.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
And why would MacK be so pissed that they lost if they were just phoning in a meaningless game?
Yep. did anybody post up the video about him raging after the empty net goal. At his own team. lol. tbh I felt the last AV's game, 1-1, was a flat, boring affair. Didn't see too much energy in it. Last night in Edmonton, with a great crowd, both clubs were clearly into it and the game was a beauty. Av's wanted this one, adn were pretty pissed. One could see that in the play of Mackinnon and Makar particularly. They were really trying to up their game all night. Case of Makar trying to do too much.

But I'd like to say I hope all teams watch the game film. Kane and the Oilers providing some answers. Kuemper is susceptible to swimming and over positioning in the cage. I spotted this previously in his career and wondered what happened. Well its still there. His play on the Kane wrap is laughable. I mean Kane had half the cage to tuck it in. If that was our goalie we'd be roasting him for how inept he was reading the play or getting across. He hardly moved. 2nd goal was also pretty abysmal anticipation. Another open net conversion.

But the other thing exposed, and this is more of a constant with Colorado in heavy games is if you just bring the game down low, get traffic, work plays down low, they have no answer with their small skill D. When I saw Nuge parking in the slot and the AV's having trouble moving him you know they're going to be overwhelmed with our large body skill.
A Ryan Smyth constantly banging around the net for cash game would beat the AV's. For a supposed best team they really are weaksauce downlow.

The Oilers executed what you need to do to beat the AV's and found the achilles heel that other teams have found every post season. Proud of the boys last night.

Last edited:

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Anyone who doesn’t cheer for Edmonton hates McDavid. It’s just life. I have a friend who is a canucks fan that absolutely hates McDavid. It’s jealousy. When you are the best in the league, you will have people hate you. Just like Tom Brady in the NFL, and as much as I dislike him….. Lebron in the NBA. If you don’t have people hating you, that means you are irrelevant. It comes with the territory. McDavid is one of if not the top player in the game, so he will get criticism from opposing fans. Drai will as well.

Fact remains whether opposing fans admit it or not. They would KILL for either player on their team. Right now at this very second they would say, “nope, I wouldn’t” but yes they would. Anyone would kill for these players. I ignore most people on the main boards.

I once saw a rangers fan say he would take Tavares over McDavid and that’s when I gave up
Agree with all of this (Brady part especially lol) but theres no “ifs“ about Connor being the top player in the game. He is hands down the best player in the world AINEC. Which people hate even more because the Oilers also had the undisputed GOAT in Gretzky.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
clearly it wasn't.
They sat 4 players. It was to them. Makar playing alot to win a title isn't team indicative

We clinched. It's like saying the Oil really, really, really want to win but we scratched, Kane, Drai, Ceci and RNH

Last edited:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
And why would MacK be so pissed that they lost if they were just phoning in a meaningless game?
Do you not know about Mack? The guy would punch his own mom to win a game of scrabble. He's ultra competitive and makes MJ look tame

They sat 4 key players, that helped us. Although I would say even if they were in the lineup, the Oil played well enough to win

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Regular season apparently, not sure on afterwards.

Not great news, but it’s not necessarily the end of the world. Realistically, we shouldn’t need Nurse back until round 2 anyways, and that’s like 3 weeks out

Am I the only one who thought it looked like he was screaming at their bench after he lost the face off to Drai and allowed the empty netter?

Reactions: Oilhawks and ZJuice

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Anyone who doesn’t cheer for Edmonton hates McDavid. It’s just life. I have a friend who is a canucks fan that absolutely hates McDavid. It’s jealousy. When you are the best in the league, you will have people hate you. Just like Tom Brady in the NFL, and as much as I dislike him….. Lebron in the NBA. If you don’t have people hating you, that means you are irrelevant. It comes with the territory. McDavid is one of if not the top player in the game, so he will get criticism from opposing fans. Drai will as well.

Fact remains whether opposing fans admit it or not. They would KILL for either player on their team. Right now at this very second they would say, “nope, I wouldn’t” but yes they would. Anyone would kill for these players. I ignore most people on the main boards.

I once saw a rangers fan say he would take Tavares over McDavid and that’s when I gave up
Is this why I have so many haters IRL? I’m f***ing awesome!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yep. did anybody post up the video about him raging after the empty net goal. At his own team. lol. tbh I felt the last AV's game, 1-1, was a flat, boring affair. Didn't see too much energy in it. Last night in Edmonton, with a great crowd, both clubs were clearly into it and the game was a beauty. Av's wanted this one, adn were pretty pissed. One could see that in the play of Mackinnon and Makar particularly. They were really trying to up their game all night. Case of Makar trying to do too much.

But I'd like to say I hope all teams watch the game film. Kane and the Oilers providing some answers. Kuemper is susceptible to swimming and over positioning in the cage. I spotted this previously in his career and wondered what happened. Well its still there. His play on the Kane wrap is laughable. I mean Kane had half the cage to tuck it in. If that was our goalie we'd be roasting him for how inept he was reading the play or getting across. He hardly moved. 2nd goal was also pretty abysmal anticipation. Another open net conversion.

But the other thing exposed, and this is more of a constant with Colorado in heavy games is if you just bring the game down low, get traffic, work plays down low, they have no answer with their small skill D. When I saw Nuge parking in the slot and the AV's having trouble moving him you know they're going to be overwhelmed with our large body skill.
A Ryan Smyth constantly banging around the net for cash game would beat the AV's. For a supposed best team they really are weaksauce downlow.

The Oilers executed what you need to do to beat the AV's and found the achilles heel that other teams have found every post season. Proud of the boys last night.
I noticed that about MacKinnon as well. Not sure what the hell was up with his ass, but screaming at your bench doesn't exactly send a good signal, IMO. Can't stand the guy, and wish him nothing but non-success in the playoffs.

McDavid looked a little pissed in the post game interviews, and I have a feeling it had something to do with the pathetic reffing. I'm sure he's happy they won and all, but holy smokes the ice was tilted with the calls, and McDavid himself was robbed of a goal by a non-call in the 3rd.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Teams that healthy scratch top players after they clinch aren't to concerned with the result.
You can understate the win in whatever bullshit way you want.

The reality is the Oilers have out played the Avs in 3 straight games in the last 3 weeks and finally got a regulation win.

The Oilers completely deserved it and deserved wins in the other 2 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad