Post-Game Talk: X(XX) - Oilers Do Colorado

Which is a bigger priority to address in the offseason?

• Total voters

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

FRAhm4OXEAQW6CV

Would love a gif of him on the bench after that deke goal. Cocky but humble

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Worried that Nurse left the game. If he is out, who is our #1 defenseman? Not good.
K Russell has been auditioning the past 3 games.

Kidding, he’d wilt from the minutes.

I don’t think we have one if he’s out, guess it would be sharing his minutes across Ceci, Kulak, Keith.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Manson is playing as bad for the Avs as he did for the Ducks. All the talk was he would return to form with a good team. Not so far. Was awful again tonight. And why the heck are they playing Makar 30+ minutes in a meaningless game?

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Manson is playing as bad for the Avs as he did for the Ducks. All the talk was he would return to form with a good team. Not so far. Was awful again tonight. And why the heck are they playing Makar 30+ minutes in a meaningless game?

Manson is one of those fellows where the eye-test and the analytics absolutely agree. The guy is pretty bad.

Reactions: bellagiobob

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I was wrong about Yamamoto. He looks rejuvenated under Woodcroft.

I will do you crow Newfie style . With salt beef and cabbage . just like my parent made me eat as a kid in Newfoundland . I still hate it so the crow probably taste better but hey just trying to help .

Reactions: oilers'72

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I would like to personally thank Anna Kane for causing enough of a distraction in SJS that Kane was able to sign in Edmonton.

We should get the gal a gift basket. Maybe with some prepaid therapy.
I don't think therapy will help . I think a brain transplant is needed and that is beyond our abilities at this time . Maybe Elon Musk got a brain chip that could help .

Reactions: Duke74

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Kane seems to fit in so well with this team, and it seems he gets along with the guys. I really hope we find a way to re-sign him. He's such a great top-6 winger to have.

I'd personally trade Puljujarvi and Yamamoto away to re-sign Kane. He's better than those 2 players combined (both of whom are too inconsistent to be options in the top 6 at this point in time).

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I'd personally trade Puljujarvi and Yamamoto away to re-sign Kane. He's better than those 2 players combined (both of whom are too inconsistent to be options in the top 6 at this point in time).
It’s leaning this way in my eyes as well.

Sign Kane and find some young Tanner Jeannot wannabees to fill the JP and Yamo spots.

JP might (and it is a question mark if he has the hockey sense at this level to do so) still become a serviceable mid level NHLer, but Kane is so much more and proven. Cost of doing business. Honey badger, I would hate to lose but again you have to give to get.

This team is better with Evander Kane than with JP and Yamamoto.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Not sure how many pts Drai ended up with, but he had a monster of a game defensively. His plays on the 5 on 3 were the main reason the Oilers came back to win this one. The guy is just such a force at both ends of the ice.

Any news on the Nurse injury? I personally don't think it was that bad. He left favouring his leg, but had pressure on it as he left the ice. He didn't return b/c there was absolutely no reason for him to return and risk anything further. Team was winning and they still had a full compliment of D. He could use a game or 2 to rest before meaningful games start. Along with some of the other guys since there isn't much to play for in the last 4 games.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
I would say it is very likely that this is peak Kane. Anything longer than a 3 yr deal likely ends in a buyout. He didn’t start producing big numbers until his late 20s. Would be a very shortsighted move to trade young players just entering their prime for an older player just exiting it.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
My head still hurts from all the noise and I'm exhausted. Well worth it though. Best game I ever went to! The reffing was bad for sure but we overcame it.

Kane was nimble and lethal. I couldn't believe he got that last one. That whole sequence seemed to happen in slow motion. I was stunned. So we're the Avalanche because they didn't play very well after that.

Pretty amazing how we manged to score 6 goals without any of them being from McDavid and Draisaitl. Having depth is nice!

forlecious commander

Apr 11, 2022
My head still hurts from all the noise and I'm exhausted. Well worth it though. Best game I ever went to! The reffing was bad for sure but we overcame it.

Kane was nimble and lethal. I couldn't believe he got that last one. That whole sequence seemed to happen in slow motion. I was stunned. So we're the Avalanche because they didn't play very well after that.

Pretty amazing how we manged to score 6 goals without any of them being from McDavid and Draisaitl. Having depth is nice!
crowd sounds like it was into it. The haters of Kane must have liked all the hats on the ice. There looked like lots

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Scouting the refs is one lazy ass website. Who were the corrupt game managers tonight?
I noticed they don't update the site daily as well. Last night it was Gord Dwyer and Kelly Sutherland. Sutherland is probably a butthurt Canucks fan from all those years of the Oilers greats traumatizing the Canucks.
If we somehow make it and play the Avs in the Western Conference final, then we’ll beat their ass.

I think the Oilers are a bad matchup for them. We can beat them in a series if they play the right way.
I'm legitimately more concerned with who the league assigns to officiate the Oilers games. It's the refs they're going to have to beat.
Anyone who doesn’t cheer for Edmonton hates McDavid. It’s just life. I have a friend who is a canucks fan that absolutely hates McDavid. It’s jealousy. When you are the best in the league, you will have people hate you. Just like Tom Brady in the NFL, and as much as I dislike him….. Lebron in the NBA. If you don’t have people hating you, that means you are irrelevant. It comes with the territory. McDavid is one of if not the top player in the game, so he will get criticism from opposing fans. Drai will as well.

Fact remains whether opposing fans admit it or not. They would KILL for either player on their team. Right now at this very second they would say, “nope, I wouldn’t” but yes they would. Anyone would kill for these players. I ignore most people on the main boards.

I once saw a rangers fan say he would take Tavares over McDavid and that’s when I gave up
Awesome post, 100% truth. I have a ton of buddies who work in law enforcement. Whether they're RCMP, city police or traffic Sheriffs they all say the same thing...it's not the person strangers hate, it's the uniform.
The coaching change really came just in time.

I don't think the team would be in the playoffs if Holland didn't have his epiphany that night--- which ended with him calling Katz.

What a difference it makes when people believe in the guy behind the bench. This is not to say that Tipps wasn't a good coach but sometimes you simply have to make a change. Well, no matter what happens in the playoffs I hope that Woodcroft and his spell return next season. It's nice to see a younger face in there.
I think the game has passed Tippett by. His stubbornness and straight up refusal to adapt both long term and short term (in game) cost him his job and reputation. Starting to throw some guys under the bus while protecting others didn't do him any favors whatsoever with the room. His old "tried and true methods" don't work anymore. He was out coached by Jeremy Colliton in the play-ins. I don't have any I'll-will towards him either but Holland sat on his hands about 6 or 7 games too long.

In contrast, look at Woodcroft and how he handles interviews. The first question Gene gave him tonight post game was worded something like "you clinched a playoff spot tonight". Jay responded by saying he didn't clinch anything, it was the team. That's the type of stuff that has a team going to war for each other.
He called us the Trump of HFBoards.

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN???????????????
Because the Oilers are becoming great again. ;)

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I noticed they don't update the site daily as well. Last night it was Gord Dwyer and Kelly Sutherland. Sutherland is probably a butthurt Canucks fan from all those years of the Oilers greats traumatizing the Canucks.

I'm legitimately more concerned with who the league assigns to officiate the Oilers games. It's the refs they're going to have to beat.

Awesome post, 100% truth. I have a ton of buddies who work on law enforcement, whether they're RCMP, city police or traffic Sheriffs and they all say the same thing...it's not the person strangers hate, it's the uniform.

I think the game has passed Tippett by. His stubbornness and straight up refusal to adapt both long term and short term (in game) cost him his job and reputation. Starting to throw some guys under the bus while protecting others didn't do him any favors whatsoever with the room. His old "tried and true methods" don't work anymore. He was out coached by Jeremy Colliton in the playing.

Look at Woodcroft, first question Gene gave him tonight post game was worded something like "you clinched a playoff spot tonight". Jay responded by saying he didn't clinch anything, it was the team. That's the type of stuff that has a team going to war for each other.

Because the Oilers are becoming great again. ;)
People who hate the police should delete “911” from their speed dial, forever. I have no time for that whole anti police/defund movement. Now back to hockey…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad