Boston Bruins X-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
As much as I agree with a lot of what you posted above....the other side is just as interesting.....

They might not have won a cup without Peverley...which is why I’m almost always fine with younger players getting traded for more experienced ones, provided I feel that the GM is doing it with the goal,of contending in mind.

This is why I still have no issue with the Nash deal.
Right. Nash was the right play for the Bruins at the time. Best chance to win. I’ll never squawk about it either.

Goes the other way too though. Everyone lauds the Mojo play... but he wasn’t the guy we needed to fill the hole we had. Team got to within one DESPITE the GM not giving his team the best chance to win.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Does Marleau have anything in the tank ? He be a el cheapo move. Won't cost much.

I don’t think for this team, and I haven’t seen him play this year, but maybe for a young, good team like Colorado, he might be a good, Recchi (2011) type of influence.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
You know, the stress and panic of shoring up the team at the deadline makes me frustrated and confused at why teams aren't more successful at free agency. Bruins have history, leadership and solid play for a long time now. Why can't Sweeney land the illusive 2nd liner and #2 dman? That would have solved so many issues getting it out of the way in the summer, at least one need. Now, much like years past, they are bidding on mostly meh players that cost twice to triple and emptying the cupboards.
I'm thinking try for a garland type player, talent and young if you can but if not, use what they have and grab a Bobby Ryan type who has shown to help in the playoffs. Use the cap space in the summer. Maybe under a new GM?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Always thinking to improve the club isnt this what were doing here on this discussion board ? Are we supposed to talk about tea biscuits here?
Marleau isn't an improvement to anyone on this roster. And I'm not super high on most of our bottom 6.

The only reason Marleau gets traded, is as a favor to Marleau to a legit contender for a chance to be part of a winning team. He's not a missing piece to a team that needs many. Marleau is cooked at this point.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I would love to see Sweeney bring in Mantha or a Larkin, but I really don't think he has the assets unless he includes Debrusk in a package. The Wings have only 3 players signed beyond the 21-22 season and Mantha is the only one signed beyond the 22-23 season.

Stevie Y, is set-up really nice to add some top free-agents and make some deals this deadline to bring in more assets that he could package in future deals.

A whole lot of them are UFA, that team is going to have a totally new identity in a few years.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Eeeee gaaads,

San Jose has some nasty contracts.

Karlsson 11.5 until he’s 39

Burns 8.0 until he’s 40

Kane 7.0 until 2025

Couture 8.0 until he’ 38

Vlasic 7.0 until he’s 39

I wonder if there’s a way that a guy like Hertl or Meier could get packaged with Vlasic to give them some cap relief and the B’s the winger and veteran defenseman they could use?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Eeeee gaaads,

Burns 8.0 until he’s 40

Kane 7.0 until 2025

Couture 8.0 until he’ 38

Vlasic 7.0 until he’s 39

I wonder if there’s a way that a guy like Hertl or Meier could get packaged with Vlasic to give them some cap relief and the B’s the winger and veteran defenseman they could use?
Do the Bruins have enough cap space to accommodate that?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Eeeee gaaads,

Burns 8.0 until he’s 40

Kane 7.0 until 2025

Couture 8.0 until he’ 38

Vlasic 7.0 until he’s 39

7dPhaWI5mxmAU.gif

Wow. That is.... a fantabulously craptastic contract situation. :laugh:

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Eeeee gaaads,

Burns 8.0 until he’s 40

Kane 7.0 until 2025

Couture 8.0 until he’ 38

Vlasic 7.0 until he’s 39

Not to forget Jones @ 5.75 until 2024 while trending down from GAA 2.94 to 3.00 to 3.29 the last 3 seasons.

Reactions: HustleB

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
any appetite for Ryan Murray? although injury prone, i think he could stabilize the Bruins left side. At this point, if no better option presents itself, he would be a better playoff option than Zboril. 3rd rd pick should get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad