Boston Bruins X-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
What about Bjork or Kase + Frederic for Wood + Palmieri. I like what Fredric has done this year, but don't think he tops out anything more that 3rd liner at best.
I honestly wouldn’t trade Frederic strait up for Wood. He is going to be a fan favourite for years. He’s still basically a rookie. This is one player we should be patient with

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Interesting to hear so much positives on Garland, but noone has described what he would bring to the table... what´s your take?
Kid ‘s motor doesn’t stop. He has nice hands and is creative with the puck. He’s small but plays with a edge. He could work on the defensive side of the game. A lot of Arizona fans say he’s their best forward this year. I honestly believe he is a 70-85 pt guy here especially if he gets PP time. The best is yet to come with him.

Reactions: Buck Smith

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
To make the NHL we were patient, you don't think that even higher end rookies would take sometime to acclimate to the NHL pace and game? He's no different, but so far he has been creating chances with his speed and although nothing has happened yet, I think more than a 10 game look (only 4 games this year) is needed to call him a lemon.
Yes true but the kid has shown nothing to get the call in the past. I’m positive the our GM wanted him to be a player because of the 2015 draft debacle. I like what I’ve seen of him but it’s about pucks in the net. Has to happen soon

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Don't like this, over pay.
We are giving up a 1st/Bjork and Hughes for Woods, since KP is gone after this year.
Also, do we have the cap space to make this work this year?
I would rather trade these players/ pick for Garland.
Well no we have to pay for Palmeri. Oh and I couldn’t agree more about Garland. My choice is both trades.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
555F0398-24CB-48B6-904E-66D9CAD2EBDE.jpeg

Am I seeing things or is Debrusk not on this list? Does NHL.com know something we don’t...

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Reactions: The National

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
After watching last night, I have completely softened my stance on Marchy-Bergy-Pasta having to stay together.

Go get Palmieri on the cheap

Roll with:
Marchy-Bergy-Palmieri
Ritchie-Krejci-Pasta..........if Ritchie isn't cutting it, swap Debrusk and him around
Debrusk-Coyle-Smith
Bjork-Kuraly-Senyshyn
Frederic/Wagner/Studnicka

XXXX-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Lauzon-XXXX
Vaak/Zboril/Clifton/Miller/Tinordi

I 100% think we need to go get a top LD now. Zboril looks like trash lately. Vaak was not looking good either.
Savard can play his off side, plus he was a playoff beast against Matthews.........
Why would palmeri be cheap?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
There are only a handful of players I’d trade Pasta for. Barkov is one of them. Better size, plays center, better defense. Our center depth is non-existent (not that our wing depth is deep either but...) young centers are hard to come by.
I love Barkov and would trade anyone for him except Pasta and McAvoy.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Why would palmeri be cheap?
Well, thus far on here I've seen Wood for Debrusk, Ekholm/Forsberg for everyone not named Bergeron, Pasta, Marchy, McAvoy
Palmieri won't be had for a few tins of skoal and a Gatorade bottle but he won't cost as much as the players above.
Steen + Vaak?
Vaak + 2nd
Zboril?
Bjork + 2nd

That in my opinion is fairly cheap considering what he brings to the table.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
One of my hopeful trade targets Joonas Doksoi with 3 goals and a helper last night. Doubt Avs trade this guy. I was thinking Halak and local Carlo would do it.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
well share them here my dude. some people will shit on them because they reject data, but some of us would be interested to see it.

it’s been my experience around here that the posters who like players like Miles Wood don’t have much time for data but here you go.

Some of his numbers are skewed by a heavy defensive deployment but for his career the devils score roughly 40% of the goals that happen when he’s on the ice including a ghastly 12gf 19ga spread this year. That’s backed up by a career xG% of roughly 45% (though its neutral this season skewed sharply by his performances against the bruins). This season the devils are neutral in scoring chances with him on the ice which is a vast improvement from his career 46%. They have regularly given up more chances, high danger chances, goals and expected goals with him on the ice and his line mates have better relative numbers with him off the ice.

the guy looks flashy but there isn’t much of an argument that he’s any good or has much of a positive tangible effect on his team. You could argue his deployment yields low chances for percentages and you’d be right but that doesn’t mean different deployment would change anything. He’s loud, not all that good.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I honestly wouldn’t trade Frederic strait up for Wood. He is going to be a fan favourite for years. He’s still basically a rookie. This is one player we should be patient with
I agree with you.
Frederic has some upside, offensively that we have not seen yet.
He has a wicked shot, needs to shoot more / create more offensive opportunities ( 39 shots taken in 32 games).
I would like to see that number at 78 shots ( 2 per game).

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
One of my hopeful trade targets Joonas Doksoi with 3 goals and a helper last night. Doubt Avs trade this guy. I was thinking Halak and local Carlo would do it.
Previous to this season, Donskoi was averaging 16 goals per 82 games, 3rd line material.
This year he has turned the corner, is at a 35 goals per 82 game pace, which is an anomaly. His shooting pct is off the charts this year at 30%.
He is not a physical player, 10 hits in 35 games.
I would rather keep Carlo vs making this trade.
If the Avs wanted Vaak instead, I make the deal.
It is risky giving up Halak due to Rask's current health.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I like the player a lot but he’s not going anywhere

Reactions: Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad