Boston Bruins X-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I love Wood love to have him but he just doesn’t fit my criteria top 6

DeBrusk 2 years ago gm had 27 goals in 63 games

that prorated is 33 goals

that meets easily my second line criteria

he Got 19 last year in 68 games that prorated to 23

you guys would love me GM of NJ because when you call and ask for Wood for DeBrusk I would do it
I'm confused.......I specifically said I wouldn't do Debrusk for Wood

Buck Smith

May 23, 2016
It was stated (some 100 posts back) that Krejci has only had great chemistry with Mojo and Iginla (credit due to the poster)... which leads me to think that he thrives with more mature players - sure he gets a lot of assists as it is (no matter whom he plays with), but how is his mentality affecting his game if he has to play with 'about to become something-players' all the time - does that really maximize his potential and stimulate that little extra that makes him lift his fellows?

From this point of view, the inevitable answer to our struggles and strive to spread the scoring on several lines... lies in giving Krejci a mature player. Moving down Pasta has been tried without excess fortune and none else than Marchy is good enough as a game changer. So what if the solution lies in the unthinkable... pairing him with Marchy. Yeah, Bergy and Marchy is a holy combination/a forever promise/a heart and soul concept for us all... but hey if those guys really wan´t to get this final ring on their fingers... will it not come at a cost... (to have given everything in every thinkable way) and imagine the vibes it would send to DeBrusk et al. if Marchy supported that concept (at least on a 50/50 basis, as an option of variation to make it harder for teams to draw strategies towards us in the finals. Him and Bergy have already given everything else for this team, so... !?!

So far this season Ritchie has really found his way and even filled in for Marchy next to Bergy... isn´t he in this light of things an adequate protector to, aswell as scoring threat to Bergy? That Marchy and Krejci would work is as good as a full blown promise as anything... and they would even hardly need anyone on their right.

Ritchie - Bergy - Pasta
Marchy - Krejci - "the easter bunny" or whomever
You fill in the rest!

Ps. I'm for trading DeBrusk, but believe that they wan´t to wait til after both covid and the expansion draft, to keep the finances intact and valuate the market then - if they can sign a free agent and get picks for DeBrusk to stockpile in the next draft! ds.

Pps. Forgive me for swearing in church... but this perspective needed to be on the table... given these guys present 'window'!

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
You are correct.
The team with the worst record gets first chance to claim him, then the second worst etc.
You can really screw up FLA now and pick him up then keep him or trade him to them.
Will be interesting.

HUGE risk.

First off, if you want to trade a player you claimed off waivers, you have to first offer him back to his original team and second, to any team that put in a claim before you could consider offering him to Florida.

Then, those teams could really screw Boston and say thanks, but no thanks, you eat that contract.

Buck Smith

May 23, 2016
I think so as well. Paille arrived in Boston during his Age 25 season, same season Bjork is going into next year (25 in August).

Expectations of him being a consistent scoring winger are gone for me at least. But he has an opportunity to carve out a niche in the NHL same as Paille did here. Matter of fact he (Bjork) is already doing it.

He was a 4th round pick. If he can give the Bruins something similar to what Paille did here from 2010 to 2013 (he looked cooked his last season here in 2014), than that is more than fine from Bjork, especially at his cap hit this year and next year. Anders Bjork at 1.4 million per to add speed , hustle and PK ability to the 4th line while chipping in 20ish points a year. Good with me.

I'm with you all the way on Bjork... but find it hard to predict his production on the fourth line... on the second or third line it´s easier to see his ceiling, but on the fourth!?!

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm with you all the way on Bjork... but find it hard to predict his production on the fourth line... on the second or third line it´s easier to see his ceiling, but on the fourth!?!

Kuraly got 20+ points here on the 4th line and missed 10+ games in each of the two seasons he accomplished hitting 20.

I think Bjork on the 4th can equal that (20-25 pts).

If you can get 20-25 pts from all three of your 4th line mainstays (assuming a team has them, some don't) over 82 games your in good shape.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The one player I would love to get is JT Miller out of Vancouver.

Wonder if

MIller
For
Debrusk and a 2nd rounder (add wagner)

Marchand Bergeron (trade)
Miller Krecji Pasta
Ritchie Coyle smith
Freddy Kurarly Bjork
Done and agree Miller would be great.

Reactions: RHR37

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
You would trade Pastrnak, the guy who is basically the same age as Barkov but not Marchand?
I would rather have the rest of Pastrnaks career than the rest of Marchands career.

Marchand > Pastrnak and I don’t see him declining anytime soon.

And trust me - I love Pasta. See my profile photo.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
What about Bjork or Kase + Frederic for Wood + Palmieri. I like what Fredric has done this year, but don't think he tops out anything more that 3rd liner at best.
I don't give up Frederic for that package. Frederic still learning his place in the league, think he still has the chance to surprise. He's hardly untouchable, but a UFA to be and a good, but still just a 3rd liner isn't exactly screaming to be a move we need to make.

Outside playing the Bruins, Palmieri has been unimpressive this season.

I say if people are enarmored with him, sign him during free agency after the Seattle draft, unless Seattle does.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
HUGE risk.

First off, if you want to trade a player you claimed off waivers, you have to first offer him back to his original team and second, to any team that put in a claim before you could consider offering him to Florida.

Then, those teams could really screw Boston and say thanks, but no thanks, you eat that contract.
The other option is to keep him, play him the rest of the season and trade him after the year is over.
I agree it is always a risk picking up someone on waivers, especially at the contract he has.
However, there are many teams that can afford him, IE Buffalo, Kings/Sens/Red Wings, depends on how much value you think he has.
Pha could have received a great offer for him after his 2017-2018 season...how quickly players fall.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Is it his first "legitimate good season" though? This year he's playing at a 0.44 P/GP pace. The 3 years prior to that he went:

SeasonP/GP
2017-180.42
2018-190.38
2019-200.34
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
It's his best season from a P/GP standpoint, but just a few years ago he was nearly the same P/GP. If you look at his career coming into the season he was playing at a 0.36 P/GP rate. The difference between his career average P/GP and this year over 82 games equates to about 7 points.

Now I'm not saying I'd trade DeBrusk for him, but NJD has zero reason to move him for anything short of an overpay.

The thing that is enraging about the Miles Wood fandom around here is that he is a loud events player. When he does something good its a huge hit or a goal on the rush. The fact of the matter though, it his team routinely gets destroyed by the other team when hes on the ice and his teammates do better in that regard when he's on the bench. This kid is exciting but he's fools gold and he's not the answer.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So no one picked up Gostisbehere

Sweeney getting ripped on Twitter by Bruins fans for not picking him up

0-30 GMs passed and apparently teams wanted PICKS and/or salary retention by Flyers before waived in trade discussions - yikes

wow has he fallen

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
So no one picked up Gostisbehere

Sweeney getting ripped on Twitter by Bruins fans for not picking him up

0-30 GMs passed and apparently teams wanted PICKS and/or salary retention by Flyers before waived in trade discussions - yikes

wow has he fallen
Yup

It wasn't too long ago he was athlete of the year in Philly among all the sports teams.

Hearing Fla interested but needs to give salary back.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yup

It wasn't too long ago he was athlete of the year in Philly among all the sports teams.

Hearing Fla interested but needs to give salary back.
Crazy

I don’t pay all that much attention to Flyers so this surprising to me

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Crazy

I don’t pay all that much attention to Flyers so this surprising to me
Yeah, I heard it today on NHL radio..

It was after he lead union (2014) to NCAA championship and then stepped into the flyers line-up and didn't miss a beat.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Barkov a stud a super hockey player and so is Pasta and his defensive play has come along way, not nearly as good as Barkov but Pasta is more Dynamic offensively and he's the goal scorer, so for that reason alone I'll take Pasta but u cant go wrong with either one.
Agree with most of your take here - but remember who Pasta rides shotgun with - Marchand and Bergeron. Not saying they are the only reason he is successful but they are a big part of his success.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad