Boston Bruins X-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
TSN Trade Bait: David Savard takes top spot as Nashville Predators push for playoffs - TSN.ca

Only a few guys who moves the needle for me.

Foligno... I dont care how many left-wingers the Bruins have, you can always find room for a Foligno
Rakell.... He's an offensive weapon, exactly what the Bruins need.
Hall....... Im not paying a Kings ransom but he's worth a chance and he has something to prove if he wants big money because if he doesn't produce in Boston, where will he produce.

Ekholm, would be another guy but I don't see a snowball chance in hell, that Nashville unloads him now.

Agree 100% on Foligno. Heart and soul type of player that will battle and contribute on the score sheet.
The only problem is he has stated several times over the years he does not want to move, he is happy where he is. I know his kid used to get treatment in Boston, so he knows people locally.
But if he has ties and still has refused to move, I dunno how realistic it will be to acquire him. Great 3rd line guy though.

Not going to retread the Hall discussion. Just don't want to pay the price for what it will take to get him. Buyer beware, the price to acquire has a good chance to be more than what you will get.
I would not mind throwing something out at Buffalo for value, but it will be nowhere close to what they would ask for him and I would not spend any assets on the guy. In fact I am in the camp of not acquiring this guy at all as I think failure follows the guy around and I believe the backroom chatter that it's his attitude that does it.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
it’s been my experience around here that the posters who like players like Miles Wood don’t have much time for data but here you go.

Some of his numbers are skewed by a heavy defensive deployment but for his career the devils score roughly 40% of the goals that happen when he’s on the ice including a ghastly 12gf 19ga spread this year. That’s backed up by a career xG% of roughly 45% (though its neutral this season skewed sharply by his performances against the bruins). This season the devils are neutral in scoring chances with him on the ice which is a vast improvement from his career 46%. They have regularly given up more chances, high danger chances, goals and expected goals with him on the ice and his line mates have better relative numbers with him off the ice.

the guy looks flashy but there isn’t much of an argument that he’s any good or has much of a positive tangible effect on his team. You could argue his deployment yields low chances for percentages and you’d be right but that doesn’t mean different deployment would change anything. He’s loud, not all that good.

I mean its probably fair to look at 5v5 right? Numbers can get skewed by guys who play on the PP and not the PK or vice versa. Personally like 3yrs of data myself as it gives a more accurate picture of now vs a whole career. Based on that and looking at the rel numbers, Wood since 2018

Player
CF% Rel
SF% Rel
GF% Rel
xGF% Rel
SCF% Rel
HDCF% Rel
Miles Wood​
-1.1​
0.04​
-6.35​
-1.7​
-3.27​
-0.41​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Obviously 0.0 would be neutral (team isn't better or worse with Wood on the ice) when looking at Rel's.

Biggest concern's are obviously the GF% Rel and SCF% Rel. Oddly enough his xGF% is significantly lower than his actual GF% Rel. The rest of them are close enough to neutral that it doesn't concern me. I'm sure it doesn't help his numbers that he's a guy that likes to fly the zone (and NJD asks him to do it as well), which can lead to problems obviously and would kill his GF% Rel.

Not sure I can completely agree with you on his linemates being better away from Wood. Again Rel numbers at 5v5 this year, this is his top 3 linemates in TOI

CF% Rel Without WoodFF% Rel Without WoodSF% Rel Without WoodGF% Rel Without WoodxGF% Rel Without WoodSCF% Rel Without WoodHDCF% Rel Without Wood
Michael McLeod-7.36-4.99-4.47-6.81-5.45-6.82-14.91
Nathan Bastian9.2910.5210.0810.517.865.67-1.26
Travis Zajac-1.01-2.14-4.3516.01-1.06-1.620.9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Looks like McLeod is worse, Bastian is better and Zajac for the most part is slightly worse.

Wood plays an up-tempo game with a high risk high reward style. Our problem isn't stopping teams from scoring, its actually scoring ourselves. I think he'd be a quality 3rd liner next to Coyle on this team.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I mean its probably fair to look at 5v5 right? Numbers can get skewed by guys who play on the PP and not the PK or vice versa. Personally like 3yrs of data myself as it gives a more accurate picture of now vs a whole career. Based on that and looking at the rel numbers, Wood since 2018

Player
CF% Rel
SF% Rel
GF% Rel
xGF% Rel
SCF% Rel
HDCF% Rel
Miles Wood​
-1.1​
0.04​
-6.35​
-1.7​
-3.27​
-0.41​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Obviously 0.0 would be neutral (team isn't better or worse with Wood on the ice) when looking at Rel's.

Biggest concern's are obviously the GF% Rel and SCF% Rel. Oddly enough his xGF% is significantly lower than his actual GF% Rel. The rest of them are close enough to neutral that it doesn't concern me. I'm sure it doesn't help his numbers that he's a guy that likes to fly the zone (and NJD asks him to do it as well), which can lead to problems obviously and would kill his GF% Rel.

Not sure I can completely agree with you on his linemates being better away from Wood. Again Rel numbers at 5v5 this year, this is his top 3 linemates in TOI

CF% Rel Without WoodFF% Rel Without WoodSF% Rel Without WoodGF% Rel Without WoodxGF% Rel Without WoodSCF% Rel Without WoodHDCF% Rel Without Wood
Michael McLeod-7.36-4.99-4.47-6.81-5.45-6.82-14.91
Nathan Bastian9.2910.5210.0810.517.865.67-1.26
Travis Zajac-1.01-2.14-4.3516.01-1.06-1.620.9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Looks like McLeod is worse, Bastian is better and Zajac for the most part is slightly worse.

Wood plays an up-tempo game with a high risk high reward style. Our problem isn't stopping teams from scoring, its actually scoring ourselves. I think he'd be a quality 3rd liner next to Coyle on this team.

I have several friends who are hardcore Devils fans, and they think it’s hilarious how big a crush this place has on Miles Wood.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Cool story, not sure anyone has a crush on him though. All the comments I've seen see him as a bottom 6 PWF, which is what he is.
we've spent several pages talking about him and some people are entertaining the idea of trading Debrusk for him. It's safe to say at least some people here have a hockey crush on him.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->