Boston Bruins X-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
So no one picked up Gostisbehere

Sweeney getting ripped on Twitter by Bruins fans for not picking him up

0-30 GMs passed and apparently teams wanted PICKS and/or salary retention by Flyers before waived in trade discussions - yikes

wow has he fallen
There you go. I also saw, on Twitter, that someone called in on 98.5 and said the Bruins should trade Pastrnak for Hall :biglaugh:

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
As is Huberdeau with Barkov.

Huberdeau too me is one of the most under-rated players in the league.
There are only a handful of players I’d trade Pasta for. Barkov is one of them. Better size, plays center, better defense. Our center depth is non-existent (not that our wing depth is deep either but...) young centers are hard to come by.

Reactions: Estlin and Gordoff

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
No
I was on line chatting with Bruwinz37 when it happened

Bruwinz37 was Bijay from Rhode Island

we were talking exactly when it broke

it was 100% what the F

we are livid and that there was not even a first round pick flipped many off

then it started coming out other teams said they were never given a chance to make an offer

as for Wheeler I understood it and would not undue but he was trashed here
it's definitely crazy looking back that they couldn't pull off a Peverley deal without including Wheeler. I was stupidly impatient with Wheeler like many, but i'm older & smarter now and if you traded Debrusk for a Peverley equivalent today I'd be pissed. This was a guy who was 28 and had been picked up off waivers! He only had 3 more goals than Wheeler at the time. Obviously the move worked out in the short term and was a critical one, but in hindsight I definitely wish they had figured out how to keep Wheeler and add Peverley. It seems so doable to me now.

Reactions: Lo97 and sarge88

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, I heard it today on NHL radio..

It was after he lead union (2014) to NCAA championship and then stepped into the flyers line-up and didn't miss a beat.
Saw him in Providence playing for Phantoms

arguably 2 best guys I saw against Providence over years were Gostisbehere that game and Jordan Eberle

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
There are only a handful of players I’d trade Pasta for. Barkov is one of them. Better size, plays center, better defense. Our center depth is non-existent (not that our wing depth is deep either but...) young centers are hard to come by.
I hear what your saying but its kind of robbing peter to pay paul

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
it's definitely crazy looking back that they couldn't pull off a Peverley deal without including Wheeler. I was stupidly impatient with Wheeler like many, but i'm older & smarter now and if you traded Debrusk for a Peverley equivalent today I'd be pissed. This was a guy who was 28 and had been picked up off waivers! He only had 3 more goals than Wheeler at the time. Obviously the move worked out in the short term and was a critical one, but in hindsight I definitely wish they had figured out how to keep Wheeler and add Peverley. It seems so doable to me now.
I’m glad they made deal because without it who knows how 2011 goes

If able to go back in time and be able to not have it happen I would pass

however, had they not won - I’m in the first Deloreon Doc Brown can get me

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I wasn't really much in favor of claiming Gostisbehere but I'm shocked that not a single team took him. His contract really isn't that awful, and he was a pretty highly regarded offense dmen a few years ago. Thought someone would have thought he was worth the gamble.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I wasn't really much in favor of claiming Gostisbehere but I'm shocked that not a single team took him. His contract really isn't that awful, and he was a pretty highly regarded offense dmen a few years ago. Thought someone would have thought he was worth the gamble.

There are what, 18 teams using LTIR right now? Maybe more? That thins the herd quite a bit. Then add the timing (killing flexibility before deadline for any contender), his term (cap space going forward with a flat cap is huge), and his poor play, and it’s not that much of a mystery.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
There are what, 18 teams using LTIR right now? Maybe more? That thins the herd quite a bit. Then add the timing (killing flexibility before deadline for any contender), his term (cap space going forward with a flat cap is huge), and his poor play, and it’s not that much of a mystery.
Idk man, I still thought someone would have take a chance. Wasn't Florida rumored to be interested since they lost Ekblad for the year?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The thing that is enraging about the Miles Wood fandom around here is that he is a loud events player. When he does something good its a huge hit or a goal on the rush. The fact of the matter though, it his team routinely gets destroyed by the other team when hes on the ice and his teammates do better in that regard when he's on the bench. This kid is exciting but he's fools gold and he's not the answer.

Curious how you came to this conclusion

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Part of that Peverley deal was clearing the cap space to add Kaberle. It was part of how brilliant that trade actually was at the time. Cleared room, restructured the defence into one that could move the puck AND added a versatile forward that was a better fit for the team (at the time).

Will never ever feel regret about that trade. Even if the Bruins hadn’t won. Chiarelli put the Bruins in position to win and that’s all I ask from the GM.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Sean Monahan - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

What happened to him?

do Bruins kick the tires off-season?

I would

but I’m focusing on Forsberg & Keller and Garland (if he’s not already here)

Not sure why Coyotes would trade there best young player specially when he’s on pace for his best season yet.
Don’t really see teams trading 22 year olds with his potential unless they asked to be traded or you have Peter Chairelli as your Gm.

Forsberg talk should be over too since there pushing for a playoff spot and we wouldn’t be upgrading there team with a trade not to mention we would easily get outbid if he was available.

Garland could be possibly I guess but I’m not as high on him as some are here, I see him as guy that gets pushed around easily so that concerns me around playoff time.

If we’re trying to match with Krech we need a grinder but a floater that finds the soft spots with a heavy shot that’s why Ryder, Horton and Iginla were great with him and I’m certainly not this guys fan anymore but the only one that rings a bell in this moment of time is Hall maybe there’s others it’s just the only name that I’ve heard available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oates2Neely

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Would be great but its gonna cost a fortune. Debrusk is our best trade chip and it won't cut it.
Does it make sense to trade Debrusk if you’re adding? If he’s a necessity to make a deal sure, but if you can make a deal without him, ride it out and see if he can turn it around with more talent on the roster. Then sell when his value is a little higher in the offseason?

Not sure if that’s the best move either but, his cost is low, why not keep him around if you’re buying and don’t need to include him in a trade.

If it’s him or a 1st I’d move him.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

As much as I agree with a lot of what you posted above....the other side is just as interesting.....

They might not have won a cup without Peverley...which is why I’m almost always fine with younger players getting traded for more experienced ones, provided I feel that the GM is doing it with the goal of contending in mind.

This is why I still have no issue with the Nash deal.

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Would be great but its gonna cost a fortune. Debrusk is our best trade chip and it won't cut it.
I agree. I doubt Monahan is actually available.

On the other hand, no way they make the playoffs. And they also are looking at pretty much the same roster next season, as they don’t have much for pure rentals on the team. They’re basically already set and they NEED changes. I’d be opening communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad