WWE: WWE TV - Raw & Smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Also Goldberg needs to stop saying he's going to kill Lashley' because nobody belives that we know that's not going to happen

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
been reading for fun...your literal argument is AEW is low key racist lol...you and the other diversity guy...literally who cares about color I want to see the best guys regardless of how much melanin they have in their skin...whether it be Big E or anybody else...its a sad way to live life focused on color and not on the talent behind it
This is what has been the funniest thing to me while reading along. Both products at the moment are still beyond terrible. One is a fresh sort of terrible, the other is a terrible that comes from a place that holds the history and tradition. There is a tremendous amount of blind, biased fanboyism on either side, calling the other out…for blind, biased fanboyism.

Of course, both sides will now insist that the o Lu way I could suggest that both products are still terrible is because I don’t watch them. Because, there is no way that someone who watches these shows would conclude that both are terrible. There is no way that someone who watches could have that opinion, right guys?

That isn’t fanboyism to the extreme?

AEW vs WWE fans-
D9CF7599-8CBE-46B3-B840-03AA3FBB15DE.jpeg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I just like good wrestling. There’s still some on both programs. I just genuinely think that lately AEW has more good stuff than WWE. WWE does have the best thing in wrestling though in Roman’s heel reign.

Reactions: TD Charlie

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Working idea for Gable Steveson is that they are going to fly him to Raw “semi-regularly” because they want him on TV. WWE built a facility and sent multiple coaches to give him personal training, and if everything goes “perfect” he will debut at Wrestlemania.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Working idea for Gable Steveson is that they are going to fly him to Raw “semi-regularly” because they want him on TV. WWE built a facility and sent multiple coaches to give him personal training, and if everything goes “perfect” he will debut at Wrestlemania.

Jesus, no pressure, kid. Good luck!

He could be the greatest athlete of all time but he's never getting over with having less charisma than a wet paper bag. I couldn't believe they marched his ass out there with another Olympian recently, and he didn't smile, didn't do the ONE thing he's known for (back flipping in the ring), Christ he didn't even have his f***ing medal. I would have cut ties with him right then and there.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Also Goldberg needs to stop saying he's going to kill Lashley' because nobody belives that we know that's not going to happen

I'm surprised that they didn't do a recreation of the Pillman Austin home invasion angle. Look we know that Goldberg can't work anymore. He's been awful the last few times he's been in the ring. So Lashley is going to have to carry him to like a 5 minute match.

What they should do, is the normal entrances, the staredown. Then Goldberg pulls a gun and shoots Lashley. Goldberg gets arrested and is written off of TV, they can do vignettes of him in prison, to set up a blowoff match in 5 years. Lashley gets the face turn with the heartfelt interviews and videos of him going through rehab. Then in 5 years Goldberg makes a return for a wrestlemania match with a shiv on a pole match with Bobby.

Thank you Vince Russo.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I'm surprised that they didn't do a recreation of the Pillman Austin home invasion angle. Look we know that Goldberg can't work anymore. He's been awful the last few times he's been in the ring. So Lashley is going to have to carry him to like a 5 minute match.

What they should do, is the normal entrances, the staredown. Then Goldberg pulls a gun and shoots Lashley. Goldberg gets arrested and is written off of TV, they can do vignettes of him in prison, to set up a blowoff match in 5 years. Lashley gets the face turn with the heartfelt interviews and videos of him going through rehab. Then in 5 years Goldberg makes a return for a wrestlemania match with a shiv on a pole match with Bobby.

Thank you Vince Russo.

Only for Goldberg's son to turn on him and give the shiv to Lashley

Reactions: CaptainCrunch67

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Corey Graves burying Dana Brooke like that sounds like something they'd do right before they release someone.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
This is what has been the funniest thing to me while reading along. Both products at the moment are still beyond terrible. One is a fresh sort of terrible, the other is a terrible that comes from a place that holds the history and tradition. There is a tremendous amount of blind, biased fanboyism on either side, calling the other out…for blind, biased fanboyism.

Of course, both sides will now insist that the o Lu way I could suggest that both products are still terrible is because I don’t watch them. Because, there is no way that someone who watches these shows would conclude that both are terrible. There is no way that someone who watches could have that opinion, right guys?

That isn’t fanboyism to the extreme?

AEW vs WWE fans-
View attachment 468265
4D2A2C42-7153-4144-B770-4ACAB3E7195F.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Finally, a Hell in a Cell match that both should be a Hell in a Cell match just because it's time for it to be a Hell in a Cell match, and not because they made it time

Reactions: BruinDust

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I can't even watch this trash anymore. I legitimately read up on it, and honestly, it doesn't look like I missed anything other than them treating the womens queen of the ring like an absolute joke and the classic "can they coexist" tag matches before PPV's.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They book and promote the match, speaking of Charlotte and Becky vs. Sasha and Bianca, and then the two teams fight themselves, and they stop them and say they have to do the match. So then they just start fighting again and still do a no contest. All because they don’t want to beat anyone.

In reality, it should’ve been Sasha beating Charlotte to set them up for later, since Charlotte isn’t on Crown Jewel.

Reactions: Jussi

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Attendance for last night's RAW show was bad:

And the ratings were not very good either:

1st hour: 1.588 million, 0.39 demo
2nd hour: 1.641 million, 0.44 demo
3rd hour: 1.516 million, 0.42 demo

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
When you only drawing 20-25% of an arena's capacity for live TV tapings, is your precious "brand split" really a success.

I was heavily invested in the product during the 1st brand split 2002. I thought it was a failure then, and looks like it's a failure now. They want two brands but have no idea how to execute it. They don't have the depth in legitimate drawing performers to split up their rosters.

Meanwhile they waste 2 hours in prime time on USA for a glorified developmental independent promotion.

During the 2nd brand split, they've effectively reduced their viewership by half. They used to get 4 million viewers for a Monday Night Raw. Now here 5 years into the brand split and they are under 2 million at times.

The ridiculous drafts/shake-ups are not helping matters whatsoever. WWE needs to stop assuming people who watch Raw also watch SD and vice versa. Because that is not always the case. I'm clearly a fan of pro wrestling still but here 20 years of Smackdown and I've NEVER set aside time to watch Smackdown on a regular basis, whether it was on Thursdays years ago, or since it shifted to Fridays. I can't justify sitting down to watch multiple 2-hour+ wrestling shows in the span of a week, especially if the product is sub-par.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Attendance for last night's RAW show was bad:

And the ratings were not very good either:

1st hour: 1.588 million, 0.39 demo
2nd hour: 1.641 million, 0.44 demo
3rd hour: 1.516 million, 0.42 demo

The piped in crowd noise was probably the most obvious it's ever been. Same with the poor attendance. They normally do a pretty good job of hiding a lame crowd with their camera angles and lighting, but it was abundantly clear that they only filled lower bowl hard cam, and nothing else.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have a question for you all:

Who is fighting Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania? Tell me who they’re getting ready for him.

Can’t say Lesnar or Dwayne

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I have a question for you all:

Who is fighting Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania? Tell me who they’re getting ready for him.

Can’t say Lesnar or Dwayne

Right here today, my best guess is they end up doing a Triple Threat between Reigns, Jimmy and Jey. If not both of them then just Jimmy.

Not what I want to see, but I don't see anyone else who they could put in that spot and make it compelling. At least the story is built in. There is no free agent or AEW deflector that they could put in that spot vs. Reigns at WM. He's exhausted the part-timer pool. I'd like to believe they aren't crazy enough to try and run Reigns vs. Goldberg at WM again.

Even Reigns vs. Jimmy isn't all that compelling but I can see them going that route if that is what Reigns wants to do at WM. I believe Reigns the person is invested in making both Jimmy and Jey into legit main event-level performers. He can make the same argument...who else makes sense for that spot against him at WM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille