WWE: WWE TV - Raw & Smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't mind a wrestler talking in an accent. They are just playing TV characters. But the problem is going from no accent to a foreign accent. That's just stupid. Imagine Walter White developing a British accent in the middle of Breaking Bad.

He's apparently just copying his parent's accent.

Also, if I've understood correctly, this isn't that far from his gimmick in the indies.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

Also, if I've understood correctly, this isn't that far from his gimmick in the indies.

I haven't been following, but was there any explanation for the sudden accent? I could understand it if he just said he wanted to honour his parents' Nigerian heritage with the accent, but knowing how WWE does things, I'm guessing that's not what they did.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
85b8e94340009c5da9688d7b42393e83fe9d8326.gif

Well awesome is a big stretch but I don't think he's nearly as bad as the IWC makes him out to be. He just looks like a star, has big promo potential. His ring style is pretty boring though.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto

Yes, it's a Punjabi accent, which is fine. But they had him wear the turban and do the accent while in 3MB which is a little racist.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Only caught the main event of Fast Lane, but I was sports entertained. The finish was some WCW deathbed overbooking but I enjoyed the match. It definitely would appear to me that since the Rumble they're just using Bryan's fire to keep the main event picture with Reigns going until Roman v Edge. After last night I wouldn't be shocked to see Bryan added to the Wrestlemania match though. Because of everything WWE does, I also wouldn't be surprised if they just continued with Roman v Edge (who is kind of a loose cannon, quasi heel now after last night) and add Bryan v whichever Uso that was, as a grudge match at WM.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wasn’t gonna bother watching the main event when Melt Man is out here popping out from under the ring. Kinda disturbing that Alexa has been acting like a young girl for awhile and they had her straddle Orton for the pin like that. Negative 5.5 stars

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The talent is better than they’ve ever had. They don’t know what to do with them, it’s always been the case.

Reactions: CDJ and TD Charlie

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
The talent is better than they’ve ever had. They don’t know what to do with them, it’s always been the case.

I guess it depends on your taste but it's a little too indy for me. I think the best talent they had was around 2001-2002.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The network on peacock BLOWS

library is severely lacking
No pause, rewind, fast forward watching Fast Lane
Also no option to start from the beginning. I was forced to join in progress on Sunday night

it’s not a good platform on a not good product. I guess that’s why it’s free still

Reactions: CDJ

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don't understand why they don't just tape these backstage segments. Unless these segments are just written on the fly.

I have always wondered this myself. Surely talent isn't showing up to the arena 5 minutes before their schedule segment right? In this case, Riddle likely would've been there for a couple hours prior to the show starting I assume. Even if they are arriving right at 8, record these during their downtime and get it right. There is no excuse for having these backstage segments less than perfect.

Reactions: Megahab

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
1.70 for RAW

So f***ing deserved.

Two weeks before Wrestlemania and we got Pictionary between the two teams wrestling for the tag belts, A report card segment, and last months HW champion prancing around in a bunny suit.

Next week we get Rhea/Asuka in the classic "can they co-exist!?!" tag match that means nothing just 5 days before their womens championship match at Wrestlemania.

Such good shit, man.

Reactions: iamjs and CDJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Apparently, one of the reasons Charlotte has been off tv, other than contracting covid, is that she was told she was pregnant. And then went to doctors, took a pregnancy test, and got ultrasounds none of which showed she was pregnant.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I'm hoping the Hurt Business break up is some kind of swerve. It's one of the only things that was working in the last year. What does breaking them up do for anyone? It doesn't help Lashley. And I doubt it leads to anything with Cedric and Shelton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad