WWE: WWE TV - Raw & Smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Good to see nobody else but myself and a few others saw that trainwreck of a show last night. They somehow took Sunday's product and made it worse...for a longer period of time.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
i love damien priest but at 39 i dunno how much of a push he will get.

Considering that most of the roster being pushed now are guys Vince wanted to push 10 years ago, he should be fine.

Seriously RAW is like time-warp now to 2010 with the guys on TV the most. Lashley, McIntyre, Morrison, Kingston, Miz, MVP, Sheamus, etc. Other than I'd say Reigns/Rollins/Stroman, all the guys being given a lot of TV time are on the back-half of their careers age-wise. Even some of the older crew like Hardy, Mysterio, and Edge were guys who became big singles stars during the Ruthless era and transitioned into the following era in the late 2000s.

Reactions: CDJ

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Considering that most of the roster being pushed now are guys Vince wanted to push 10 years ago, he should be fine.

Seriously RAW is like time-warp now to 2010 with the guys on TV the most. Lashley, McIntyre, Morrison, Kingston, Miz, MVP, Sheamus, etc. Other than I'd say Reigns/Rollins/Stroman, all the guys being given a lot of TV time are on the back-half of their careers age-wise. Even some of the older crew like Hardy, Mysterio, and Edge were guys who became big singles stars during the Ruthless era and transitioned into the following era in the late 2000s.
35/34/37, these aren't spring chickens either.

Reactions: BruinDust

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Priest doesn’t look 39, most of the people who watch the product don’t know ages off-hand. You wouldn’t think Shayna Baszler is 40.

Priest is in a great spot because he’s impressed early and they put him with the Wrestlemania celebrity so he’s not going to get geeked. They also want a big Latino star again, which to Vince means Mexico and Puerto Rico are the same thing.

well positioned to push Baron Corbin down the card

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Bobby Lashley new champion. I bet doing bait and switch will kill the rating though

not sure how i feel about it. He probably deserved a bigger win for his first title, but clearly this meant nothing and was more about getting the title off of Drew without him looking bad, and then just chumping the Miz as quickly as possible

i kinda feel bad for Lashley. He’s got a great look and that’s about it for me. But still if you’re gonna reward a guy after that long, let it be legitimate

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Miz should get a rematch though right? Rationally he would want it at Wrestlemania. Product is just incredibly dumb.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
not sure how i feel about it. He probably deserved a bigger win for his first title, but clearly this meant nothing and was more about getting the title off of Drew without him looking bad, and then just chumping the Miz as quickly as possible

i kinda feel bad for Lashley. He’s got a great look and that’s about it for me. But still if you’re gonna reward a guy after that long, let it be legitimate

I was never a huge Lashley guy either but they busted their asses all year, even if he drops the title, going into Wrestlemania is a nice accomplishment. A year ago you didn’t think Lashley would ever touch the title. MVP coming back has been a godsend in that regard.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Hopefully that is the last time we see The Miz as a world champion. I've said it before, he's just not a believable as a combat athlete and how his character acted last night you would of sworn he was a manager who got a fluke world title win, or even worse, David Arquette. Not a legitimate world champion.

I'm not a big Lashley fan but at least you can believe he would whoop your you-know-what if you crossed him the wrong way.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I'll admit I'm not a Lashley person (in fact I find him boring as hell), but for a long as he's been waiting for that moment and it was basically it was made into a joke match and meh moment. They could have just as easily stripped the title from Miz and given it to Lashley. Equally meh moment, but at least then you can have Miz cost Lashley the title at WM vs Drew.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I was never a huge Lashley guy either but they busted their asses all year, even if he drops the title, going into Wrestlemania is a nice accomplishment. A year ago you didn’t think Lashley would ever touch the title. MVP coming back has been a godsend in that regard.

I don't disagree with any of that I guess. Lashley and MVP put in some serious work to get their segments over and it worked well for the most part. I still think Garza/Andrade/Vega were the backbone of the COVID era, and they all got absolutely buried when it should've been their time to shine. But rewarding lashley and MVP, and the entire Hurt Biz for that matter, is completely acceptable IMO, I just wish the title win was on a bigger stage. He earned that much.

Hopefully that is the last time we see The Miz as a world champion. I've said it before, he's just not a believable as a combat athlete and how his character acted last night you would of sworn he was a manager who got a fluke world title win, or even worse, David Arquette. Not a legitimate world champion.

I'm not a big Lashley fan but at least you can believe he would whoop your you-know-what if you crossed him the wrong way.

It was obvious that they only gave the MITB case to The Miz because they had no idea what to do with Otis or the case, and the Miz holding the case keeps options wide open. I respect The Miz because of his long run and ability to get over. I still think his heel run ten-ish years ago (as the US and WWE champ) is one of the more entertaining title runs in the last decade. He got the character some great natural heat despite his very ho-hum ring work. Unfortunately, things have just sorta gone stale with him and last night was terrible. The way they have booked both Miz and JoMo is shameful. It would have been so much more believable last night if the Miz was a little apprehensive about the title match, but had Morrison hyping him up and providing him all this false confidence. They as soon as the bell rings it clicks with the Miz that he's about to get his ass handed to him and he freezes up and takes the L.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'll admit I'm not a Lashley person (in fact I find him boring as hell), but for a long as he's been waiting for that moment and it was basically it was made into a joke match and meh moment. They could have just as easily stripped the title from Miz and given it to Lashley. Equally meh moment, but at least then you can have Miz cost Lashley the title at WM vs Drew.

Exactly. That's how much of a buzzkill that title win was. I'm sure Lashley was super pumped about it, but I can't help but think it could have been bigger and better.

I was fulling expecting shenanigans at the top of every hour last night, until finally at the very last second of the show they have Pearce come out and say he has no choice but to book Miz v Lashley at Fast Lane in a cage match. I wasn't even excited about that as a possibility, but it would have been so much better than what we were given.

Reactions: Kaner9

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Exactly. That's how much of a buzzkill that title win was. I'm sure Lashley was super pumped about it, but I can't help but think it could have been bigger and better.

I was fulling expecting shenanigans at the top of every hour last night, until finally at the very last second of the show they have Pearce come out and say he has no choice but to book Miz v Lashley at Fast Lane in a cage match. I wasn't even excited about that as a possibility, but it would have been so much better than what we were given.

That match did nothing for either guys character and that's the worst part. I mean if WWE felt Drew's character was strong enough to get dismantled by Lashley, why isn't his character strong enough to lose the title to him? Seems like they could have gone Lashley beats Drew at EC for Title, Drew beats Lashley at Fast Lane for the title and that lines up round 3 for WM.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Second week in a row where the main storyline on Raw is heel vs. heel.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Drew v Sheamus was very good and the finish was appropriate too some friends and I were chatting about surprises to the G1 and Sheamus always comes up. I think he would look like a million bucks

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Drew v Sheamus was very good and the finish was appropriate too some friends and I were chatting about surprises to the G1 and Sheamus always comes up. I think he would look like a million bucks

He did good against Drew but I dunno about shameus in Japan........ :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad