GDT: WWE Money in the Bank (19th May 2019)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
AEW never ruled out Lesnar by the way. And they tried to get Goldberg.

Jericho is in the main event of the first show for a brand new promotion so he isn't one to talk. I think he's a fair bit older than Brock.

This business absolutely sucks.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Who cares. Profit = profit.

This is the kind of logic that causes you to senselessly go speeding off a cliff.

This company is going to crash and burn. They haven't successfully created a main stream star since Cena 15 years ago.

Reactions: Cor

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Who cares. Profit = profit.

Such a misguided point of view, but ultimately probably exactly what Vince thinks.

What happens in 5 years or so when your TV deals are up, the Saudi deal is up, and the networks won’t give you those big deals because they likely already regret it because they can’t sell the ad spaces for much, and the Saudi’s after the deal up, decide to invest their money somewhere else because that’s what they always do, and to top it off, even your hardcore fanbase has dwindled to much you can’t even fill arenas for major PPV’s.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
How the **** does Shane keep getting booked over Miz?! Enough of him.

Also, what's the plan with Brock, who is suddenly around again because reasons? Is he going to beat Seth tomorrow? Or just show up on Smackdown and beat up Kofi?

Honestly, why or how Vince comes to these decisions, it defies logic. :banghead:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jericho is in the main event of the first show for a brand new promotion so he isn't one to talk. I think he's a fair bit older than Brock.

People will talk about what he said which is all he was interested in.

Jericho is still important, because for as good as the talent they've signed, Jericho is really the one who is giving AEW the most credibility, and has had the performances to back it up.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Jericho is in that match to put over Omega in N/A and establish him as the star.

He isn’t in the match to win.

That’s the difference between what WWE does with Shane, Taker, Brock, Goldberg, etc over the past couple of years

Reactions: CPTN71

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Women's MITB was decent with a good ending and great cash in from Bayley that had the biggest reaction of the night.

This actually has me wondering if her contract is coming up soon.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
LOL someone just called up Sunday Night's Main Event and is going on and on about Lesnar winning and not making a star and then said Randy Orton should've won :laugh:

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He entered the arena, climbed up the ladder, and unhooked the briefcase
3ZDZTar.gif

Oh I see, he took Sami's spot.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He entered the arena, climbed up the ladder, and unhooked the briefcase

They kept mentioning Sasha so they don't want you to forget her.

This sort of was expected when it was announced he was done with UFC. I guess it could help that the uncertainty regarding it is gone and we know he isn't bailing out.

I have a feeling and hope, that whether she does her promo on Raw or Smackdown, Becky comes to congratulate her and they let Bayley speak honestly how this makes her feel with what has happened since Mania. I feel that there's potential for an emotional promo. Until Shoehorn naturally comes to ruin it all.. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Strange. Had me wondering if they didn't book that just as a **** you to Sasha.

I think if that was the case they wouldn’t have written a promo that mentioned her. But I also don’t think they’re going to book specifically to convince her to return. On the other hand, they still don’t want people to want to leave, and Bayley has been rumored to be similarly not happy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So like... straight up I fell asleep when the basketball game just about finished and MITB started.

I just woke up now but woke up somewhere around the end. Did I f***ing have a weird ass dream that Lesnar had the briefcase or did I f***ing witness that as I was mostly asleep and very confused before falling back asleep?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
So like... straight up I fell asleep when the basketball game just about finished and MITB started.

I just woke up now but woke up somewhere around the end. Did I ****ing have a weird ass dream that Lesnar had the briefcase or did I ****ing witness that as I was mostly asleep and very confused before falling back asleep?
This is not a dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad