GDT: WWE Money in the Bank (19th May 2019)

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
AEW unfortunately already has problems with The Elite having creative control and refusing to job. AEW won't be as successful as ppl think.. Very niche MARKet there. If im a casual fan why do i tune in to AEW? To see 50 yr old Jericho? Cruiserweights? Tag Teams? Nobody cares. Its truly geared towards the traveling mark. Wins and losses will matter? In a pre determined sport? They already have issues with Pac aka Neville walking out.

Among other things, I'll tune in for Omega. Did you catch the TSN Engraved on a Nation special on him? He's going to connect with people. I'm willing to give them a chance and I know many others will too. They're well off financially, have a TV deal, and have built a decent start-up roster. If they get Moxley and Punk there, it will help

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Imagine the f***ing production meetings this morning or whenever, when Vince said he called in Brock who is going to win the briefcase.

HHH must really love Steph man

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sure. Its kind of hypocrtical tho. Fine. Leave the politics out of it.. U telling me you'd turn down a million dollar payday for 1 match cuz saudi arabia? Bullcrap

I don't think anyone is under the illusion that it's anything different. They bought Undertaker, Goldberg, Lesnar, Shawn Michaels, etc. People can choose to not watch the shows - and they have with that being among the reasons.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Casuals DGAF about the WWE anymore either based on their **** ratings.

Ever wonder why you see the same group of fans in the front row every single show?

Maybe not but WWE is a known brand.. The ratings are somewhat irrelevant now a days.. They have their own network and are reporting record profit

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Imagine the ****ing production meetings this morning or whenever, when Vince said he called in Brock who is going to win the briefcase.

HHH must really love Steph man
Well the reports are that Hunter is the most frustrated person backstage.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
There were some bright spots. Seth/AJ was great, Owens/Kofi was good, the mens ladder match was awesome until Lesnar crashed the party

Bayley cashing in was a nice moment. Crowd was behind her

Yeah the card looked decent. I guess just not watching the TV product in a year now has killed some ppv watching for me too.

I’ll most likely tune in for summer slam.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Maybe not but WWE is a known brand.. The ratings are somewhat irrelevant now a days.. They have their own network and are reporting record profit

I wonder f***ING why

Do you think they are going to last more than a couple months on Fox? Fox is going to send the show to FS1 quicker than the WWE can give away subscriptions to the network for free.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

They're reporting record profit because network providers are starving for content and FOX handed them a shit ton of money without realizing what they were buying.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I wonder ****ING why

Do you think they are going to last more than a couple months on Fox? Fox is going to send the show to FS1 quicker than the WWE can give away subscriptions to the network for free.

I think I read there's a clause in the contract which won't allow that to happen. It will be on Fox until the contract is done

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Looks like I should be glad I didn’t tune into a second of this ppv.

As furious as I am, there was good.

Shane/Miz was a good storytelling match. Kofi/Owens and Styles/Rollins were awesome from the bits I saw when I wasn’t paying attention to GOT

The men’s MITB was going to be a show stealer until they ruined it all

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AEW never ruled out Lesnar by the way. And they tried to get Goldberg.

Theres a difference between trying to use them in attraction matches and literally building the company around them

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
As furious as I am, there was good.

Shane/Miz was a good storytelling match. Kofi/Owens and Styles/Rollins were awesome from the bits I saw when I wasn’t paying attention to GOT

The men’s MITB was going to be a show stealer until they ruined it all

I’m shocked it was a good story telling match because the WWE rarely does that right anymore and gives me no reason to care. Which is why I don’t tune in aside from a major ppv. Glad to see it though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad