GDT: WWE Money in the Bank (19th May 2019)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Good Morning.

tenor.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Good morning, Bayley is the first ever female triple crown AND grand slam champion

I am a big Bayley fan, but I think it was a brutal choice for MITB. Bayley is already over and I think she is validated in being the upper tier main event worthy of the women's division. She never needed the MITB briefcase to get a shot. She could have won a match on SD and I would have believed it because she's that good. Give that briefcase to a young heel or young wrestler and let 'em hold it for intrigue.

Also - let Becky keep both belts for a while. It should have been Lacey punching Flair for the DQ during the match because she wants both belts. And Flair/Lacey fight one another trying to get to Becky. Becky stays mega over from WM by holding both belts and looking unbeatable. Bayley jumps in the picture by having a simple victory on SD or any show ever. AND you have a MITB holder in someone like Cross who is the most maniacal character to have the case.

Then you would have had 5-6 main eventers and a woman standing tall from her big time WM feat. But nope... hotshot everything.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I am a big Bayley fan, but I think it was a brutal choice for MITB. Bayley is already over and I think she is validated in being the upper tier main event worthy of the women's division. She never needed the MITB briefcase to get a shot. She could have won a match on SD and I would have believed it because she's that good. Give that briefcase to a young heel or young wrestler and let 'em hold it for intrigue.

Also - let Becky keep both belts for a while. It should have been Lacey punching Flair for the DQ during the match because she wants both belts. And Flair/Lacey fight one another trying to get to Becky. Becky stays mega over from WM by holding both belts and looking unbeatable. Bayley jumps in the picture by having a simple victory on SD or any show ever. AND you have a MITB holder in someone like Cross who is the most maniacal character to have the case.

Then you would have had 5-6 main eventers and a woman standing tall from her big time WM feat. But nope... hotshot everything.

She was over, but she wasn't a big and/or credible star. And they have to make stars because they had nothing underneath Becky and Charlotte, and for all of the faults in her booking, she was still the most known quantity.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Joe/Rey match going short was an audible called in the ring once Joe broke his nose.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
She was over, but she wasn't a big and/or credible star. And they have to make stars because they had nothing underneath Becky and Charlotte, and for all of the faults in her booking, she was still the most known quantity.

I just don't agree with that at all. Sasha/Bayley/Flair/Becky/Ronda have ALWAYS been the mega women stars. The only difference is how they were booked. Becky was booked like crap for a long time. Bayley/Sasha, too. But from how fans perceived those wrestlers, they are mega women stars. She's absolutely a credible star.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I just don't agree with that at all. Sasha/Bayley/Flair/Becky/Ronda have ALWAYS been the mega women stars. The only difference is how they were booked. Becky was booked like crap for a long time. Bayley/Sasha, too. But from how fans perceived those wrestlers, they are mega women stars. She's absolutely a credible star.

The differences in how you're booked is pretty big in determining or perceiving who and who is not a big star. Between Wrestlemania 33 and this year's Royal Rumble, is there anything they've done to make people believe Sasha and Bayley were important people? Anything they were going to do they kept false-starting, and at no point were they ever more important than Alexa, Asuka, or Nia Jax, and at times not Carmella either.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don’t agree with this tbh. They caught lightning in a bottle with Becky, but she was booked as an afterthought and horribly for almost two years.

Bayley and Sasha were ruined. Bayley needed this MITB, and it clearly paid off. No woman in that match was ready for it except for Ember, but they haven’t had a chance to ruin her yet like they did everyone not named Charlotte or Ronda.

I said it before, but Daniel Bryan is the exception. The crowd loved him enough and were dead set on making him the star and hijacking segments for him. We won’t see another Bryan for a long time, if ever again.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bryan is how they think you're supposed to book faces since it worked, and I'm very sure they think that they accomplished that with Becky.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The differences in how you're booked is pretty big in determining or perceiving who and who is not a big star. Between Wrestlemania 33 and this year's Royal Rumble, is there anything they've done to make people believe Sasha and Bayley were important people? Anything they were going to do they kept false-starting, and at no point were they ever more important than Alexa, Asuka, or Nia Jax, and at times not Carmella either.

You have a very hard time of understanding booking =/= over or not. Sasha/Asuka/Bayley alllllllllllllll put themselves on mega star level with their work. Nia was booked like a mega star and isn't. So yes- Sasha/Asuka (for 95%)/Bayley were all booked like poop. That doesn't mean they aren't stars or over.

It's just something you won't budge on so i'll respectfully agree to disagree. You keep combining over/booking. They aren't even remotely the same. Everyone knows Bayley/Sasha are legit main event women. The majority of wrestling fans would not even question that.

But sure.. if you asked who was booked better? Hell Lacey Evans and Nia were both booked stronger than Sasha/Bayley/Asuka combined. But if you asked out of those 5 which 3 were mega stars? NOBODY would pick Lacey/Nia. Wrestling fans are not as dumb as Vince makes 'em out to be. The wrestling fans left that is.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don’t agree with this tbh. They caught lightning in a bottle with Becky, but she was booked as an afterthought and horribly for almost two years.

Bayley and Sasha were ruined. Bayley needed this MITB, and it clearly paid off. No woman in that match was ready for it except for Ember, but they haven’t had a chance to ruin her yet like they did everyone not named Charlotte or Ronda.

I said it before, but Daniel Bryan is the exception. The crowd loved him enough and were dead set on making him the star and hijacking segments for him. We won’t see another Bryan for a long time, if ever again.

Even when Becky was given her nerdy pun gimmick, she was still loved by majority of the fans. The reason people got behind her is because they wanted to get behind her for years. It is not lightning in the bottle. Not even close. Not even close.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Even when Becky was given her nerdy pun gimmick, she was still loved by majority of the fans. The reason people got behind her is because they wanted to get behind her for years. It is not lightning in the bottle. Not even close. Not even close.
She was loved, but she needed a boost just like Bayley did with MITB.

Becky’s reactions before this run weren’t matched with Bayley or Sasha as faces. Becky was a clear #4.

I think her run and reactions from SS-WM was a case of lightning in a bottle. They could have just let it go, but they ran with it. Who thought she would have gotten those reactions with the failed heel turn? Every party involved was lucky things turned out that way imo. No one could have seen the clear #4 of the horsewomen propel to #1 with that imo.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You have a very hard time of understanding booking =/= over or not. Sasha/Asuka/Bayley alllllllllllllll put themselves on mega star level with their work. Nia was booked like a mega star and isn't. So yes- Sasha/Asuka (for 95%)/Bayley were all booked like poop. That doesn't mean they aren't stars or over.

It's just something you won't budge on so i'll respectfully agree to disagree. You keep combining over/booking. They aren't even remotely the same. Everyone knows Bayley/Sasha are legit main event women. The majority of wrestling fans would not even question that.

But sure.. if you asked who was booked better? Hell Lacey Evans and Nia were both booked stronger than Sasha/Bayley/Asuka combined. But if you asked out of those 5 which 3 were mega stars? NOBODY would pick Lacey/Nia. Wrestling fans are not as dumb as Vince makes 'em out to be. The wrestling fans left that is.

No, I'm saying people don't react if what they're doing isn't important. I saw a lot of matches on Raw over the last 2 years where Sasha and Bayley were sent out there just to work if not put people over who were very clearly above them for reasons other than their work. How many singles matches have Sasha and Bayley had on PPV over the last however long, and how many has Charlotte had? Could you headline the next PPV with Sasha or Bayley if it didn't involve Charlotte or Becky? Charlotte has had like 3 times as many as the other three put together.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
No, I'm saying people don't react if what they're doing isn't important. I saw a lot of matches on Raw over the last 2 years where Sasha and Bayley were sent out there just to work if not put people over who were very clearly above them for reasons other than their work. How many singles matches have Sasha and Bayley had on PPV over the last however long, and how many has Charlotte had? Could you headline the next PPV with Sasha or Bayley if it didn't involve Charlotte or Becky? Charlotte has had like 3 times as many as the other three put together.

The answer? Dye their hair blonde. :laugh:

I mean it sickens me man. Emma/Paige made me fall in love w/ women's wrestling and I know that's weird that it is so current but i didn't know they could storytell as well in the WWE. I thought i had to go elsewhere for strong storytelling.

Bayley/Sasha in NXT blew me away. I forever fell in love. I want that on the grandest stage.... but I've just accepted that these women, who will go down as the GOAT female wrestlers, are just side shows to Vince. Flair gets all the attention and everyone else is just a sideshow.

And don't even get me started on Asuka.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Just saw the bumps Balor took... bet he's sore this morning. Ouch!!!
The chokeslam on the open ladder is honestly one of the most brutal bumps I’ve seen in those matches ever. At least with the sunset flip there was some bounce, not like it means much anyways, but the canvas had no give and it was on the edge. That was nasty.

Reactions: CPTN71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->