GDT: WWE Fastlane post-show thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm still so confused by the E&C segment. They were basically just their to plug their show. They didn't set up anything unless New Day vs LON is a thing now........

New Day was setting up a new team to challenge them when they were talking about how their better than "insert every tag team here" then boom! new debut of a hot new tag team comes out and we got ourselves a new rivalry

Also why LON of all teams. Is it just to give them something to do at Mania? I would have rather the dudleys and uso's come out and set up something

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm still so confused by the E&C segment. They were basically just their to plug their show. They didn't set up anything unless New Day vs LON is a thing now........

New Day was setting up a new team to challenge them when they were talking about how their better than "insert every tag team here" then boom! new debut of a hot new tag team comes out and we got ourselves a new rivalry

It felt like ****ing filler, but it was set up to be a home run to bring in a new team and an amazing new feud for Mania. It was the whole night in a nutshell.

Nothing was set up for Mania.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The finish was terrible. The match was great, but damn was that finish terrible. Sell a little. You were just locked in a kimura lock for 30 seconds and hit with a steel chair 3-5 times. SELL. It's crazy. I knew Roman was winning. I didn't expect much from the show. It's why I'm at least able to tolerate it and not go crazy in the aftermath, but the lack of selling from Roman Reigns in that finish was dumb.

The match was fun. It really was, but the finish was just so bad and its really at the point that enough with Roman because no one wants it, and on top of it the story we were told we got hope Dean could actually win this match and it went the way our cynical side knew it would.

THAT is the problem (among many many other things).

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Moved to cageside. Geno HATED the main event finish but he liked the match to start.

Right on the pissing on Roman no selling those chair shots. And they spent a month making us feel like we could get a different finish by pushing Dean, and then LOLRoman

That's what really gets me and it's why my expectations were raised a bit. All the buildup on Raw was Lesnar vs Dean.

And then the third wheel wins.

It's like they were trolling us.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That's what really gets me and it's why my expectations were raised a bit. All the buildup on Raw was Lesnar vs Dean.

Exactly!!! The story totally shifted to either Brock being Brock, or Dean being the super wild card and they went back to Roman anyway. They didn't even turn one of Roman or Dean to do it either! They might tomorrow, but why am I watching the PPV if you aren't doing ANYTHING to set up Mania outside of the main event that no one wants.

And it isn't even the first time we got trolled tonight. The New Day segment was a huge troll job. They set that up perfectly to debut a new team. The two teams are trading jabs and New Day starts listing off how they are the best and there is NO team left to challenge them.

PERFECT ****ING SET UP for the team we all want to get called up and it sets up with all the rumors we were hearing and ****ing Fella with the League comes out and New Day turns face!?!? That is straight trolling it seems.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Maybe but it's also possible that they're setting up Dean-Brock for Mania. I mean, at this point, that makes the most sense to do for the two of them. They did no continuation of the Wyatts involvement in Brock's business. It's an easy setup since Dean cost Brock his title opportunity. It's an obvious money program. Make it into a #1 contender's match.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
One day, Ryback is going to be careless with the wrong superstar (*coughOrtoncough*) and he's going to get fired.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
One day, Ryback is going to be careless with the wrong superstar (*coughOrtoncough*) and he's going to get fired.

I'll be shocked if Orton even gets in the ring with Ryback considering his shoulders. But to be fair, Orton is an easier guy to get into that finisher position than Harper is.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
1934343_1053489988031083_1562236748392736769_n.jpg

What did the moron do this time?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Maybe but it's also possible that they're setting up Dean-Brock for Mania. I mean, at this point, that makes the most sense to do for the two of them. They did no continuation of the Wyatts involvement in Brock's business. It's an easy setup since Dean cost Brock his title opportunity. It's an obvious money program. Make it into a #1 contender's match.

But the problem is they have to somehow build that Dean isn't going to just get crushed. They told a money story except that Dean has zero chance of winning.

I honestly thought Jericho could of hurt AJ on one or two spots, but god Ryback is really stupid.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
But the problem is they have to somehow build that Dean isn't going to just get crushed. They told a money story except that Dean has zero chance of winning.

I honestly thought Jericho could of hurt AJ on one or two spots, but god Ryback is really stupid.

Do they? They told the story that Dean was going to get crushed by Brock and essentially did get crushed except for when they teamed up. No reason you can't continue that same story of Deano getting crushed by Lesnar and just have Dean 'Foley' it up more. And Dean doesn't HAVE to win depending on what they need out of Brock so it's not a big deal if they tell the he'll get crushed story and then he does...mostly.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
LMAO everyone who comes in kind of positive about this show falls apart and thinks it sucks after they think about it and realize the show accomplished nothing to build Mania. It was ****** filler.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Do they? They told the story that Dean was going to get crushed by Brock and essentially did get crushed except for when they teamed up. No reason you can't continue that same story of Deano getting crushed by Lesnar and just have Dean 'Foley' it up more. And Dean doesn't HAVE to win depending on what they need out of Brock so it's not a big deal if they tell the he'll get crushed story and then he does...mostly.

I mean they don't, and it will still be an entertaining feud and a better match then Brock/Bray right now.

Just without any stakes it does lose some flavor don't you think? Making it a number 1 contenders match would be interesting actually and then you could turn Roman at the next PPV when they face off then build from there.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What did the moron do this time?

He did his stupid weird Shellshock/Samoan Drop hybrid, but was too careless with Luke, who was half off his shoulder. Ryback didn't hook his head or anything, just dropped him and he dropped him directly on his shoulder.

He seriously is dumb as ****.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
As a man who has broken both shoulders I can suggest that Harper's reaction was very similar to mine...albeit more manly.

So hes either hurt or that good at selling which wouldn't be surprising as he's fantastic.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
As a man who has broken both shoulders I can suggest that Harper's reaction was very similar to mine...albeit more manly.

So hes either hurt or that good at selling which wouldn't be surprising as he's fantastic.

After the pin...
Harper quickly rolled out...
And as he went to the back...
Rather in a hurry...
I saw that he still held onto to his arm.

That tells me that he is probably legitimately hurt...
Because he basically no-sold the finish...
Which is unusual.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
After the pin...
Harper quickly rolled out...
And as he went to the back...
Rather in a hurry...
I saw that he still held onto to his arm.

That tells me that he is probably legitimately hurt...
Because he basically no-sold the finish...
Which is unusual.

When you keep your shoulder off the mat for the finish, that's generally a good sign for that but I doubt it impacted the timing of the match. A good worker like Harper is never going to keep his shoulder off the mat when eating a pin unless something is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA