GDT: WWE Fastlane post-show thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I really have doubts on the quality of the main event. Roman can't have a nap against HHH. And I'm not sure HHH can carry Roman to a quality match.

This. Last year Roman had Brock to carry the match, HHH can't really carry a match anymore his match with DB was decent but thats because of DB and the storyline. The Mania main event will be bad....like really bad.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I've read more then a few people call Roman the male Eva Marie

Those people are idiots for multiple reasons. Granted, the overall point is someone who looks good getting opportunities they don't deserve. Problem is that Reigns can actually work to a respectable degree. Just not main event caliber level. Reigns never had the heat Eva Marie had just in developmental. That's ridiculous. If he did, he probably would handle the crowds better than he does. Plus, nobody had any expectations of Roman starting out from a fan's perspective. He was relatively unknown. Eva Marie has been blasted from day one with a large amount is undeserved. There is certainly some justifiable criticisms with how far she should be along with how long she's been there but when have you ever heard of any talent getting that kind of heat from day one of their in-ring career? I think it's unprecedented. The company did them no favors in their situation although not surprisingly, NXT is finding a way to make her useful and is trying to make her better. I wonder how Reigns would have been if he had the NXT structure as it is behind him coming up.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Those people are idiots for multiple reasons. Granted, the overall point is someone who looks good getting opportunities they don't deserve. Problem is that Reigns can actually work to a respectable degree. Just not main event caliber level. Reigns never had the heat Eva Marie had just in developmental. That's ridiculous. If he did, he probably would handle the crowds better than he does. Plus, nobody had any expectations of Roman starting out from a fan's perspective. He was relatively unknown. Eva Marie has been blasted from day one with a large amount is undeserved. There is certainly some justifiable criticisms with how far she should be along with how long she's been there but when have you ever heard of any talent getting that kind of heat from day one of their in-ring career? I think it's unprecedented. The company did them no favors in their situation although not surprisingly, NXT is finding a way to make her useful and is trying to make her better. I wonder how Reigns would have been if he had the NXT structure as it is behind him coming up.

Roman spent like a day in NXT right? HHH might of liked him more if he spent more time down there (if we buy this theory).

I actually read someone claim him being the male Eva as a positive. Saying he has the heat to be a monster heel, but he also has the advantage of being able to work. Basically another argument to turn him heel.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I really have doubts on the quality of the main event. Roman can't have a nap against HHH. And I'm not sure HHH can carry Roman to a quality match.

Also the reactions are going to be crazy lopsided and backwards. I'm thinking back to the Hogan/Rock Mania match and how the crowd was just so into Hogan as the face despite the booking, and Rock in match made the smart move to wrestle heel and play it up, and for the spectacle it was, it really worked and that crowd ate it up.

I don't for a second think Roman is a smart enough worker to be able to understand ring psychology to work a crowd by either feeding into what they want (and going heel by basically beating the **** out of HHH) or doing what he needs to win the crowd over as a face (I don't think HHH can get the crowd against him and behind Roman either).

So ya...this main event is doomed without a swerve because right now I'm ****ing rooting for HHH to bring a literal shovel to the ring and bury Roman, and it isn't even Roman's fault.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I do feel bad for Roman, it isn't his fault its senile Vince and his awful creative team that have poorly booked this guy since the Shield breakup. They are dead set on having Reigns be their #1 guy their going to ruin him by doing so. Its beyond obvious a heel turn is whats best for Roman, but again its not going to happen because of Vince's vision. Everyone is being so poorly booked lately that no one has any sort of credibility in the company. Triple H is supposed to be the heel here but will be cheered for while WWE's new golden boy will be booed like crazy. WWE can't fall on a 3rd Triple Threat main event in 3 years, then again they should know their audience and not have to be in this situation for the 3rd straight year. January - March has become the worst months for WWE for the past 3 years.

I'll still obviously watch WrestleMania, just like everyone else, despite all our criticism. Its not going to be good, but it will be enjoyable to watch how bad it could possibly get.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I do feel bad for Roman, it isn't his fault its senile Vince and his awful creative team that have poorly booked this guy since the Shield breakup. They are dead set on having Reigns be their #1 guy their going to ruin him by doing so. Its beyond obvious a heel turn is whats best for Roman, but again its not going to happen because of Vince's vision. Everyone is being so poorly booked lately that no one has any sort of credibility in the company. Triple H is supposed to be the heel here but will be cheered for while WWE's new golden boy will be booed like crazy. WWE can't fall on a 3rd Triple Threat main event in 3 years, then again they should know their audience and not have to be in this situation for the 3rd straight year. January - March has become the worst months for WWE for the past 3 years.

I'll still obviously watch WrestleMania, just like everyone else, despite all our criticism. Its not going to be good, but it will be enjoyable to watch how bad it could possibly get.

Or its evil HHH the long burn career killer. (this theory is so much fun).

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
HHH vs Reigns is the least appealing Wrestlemania main event since Hogan vs Slaughter. And I'm not optimistic that they can put together a good undercard for the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad