GDT: WWE Fastlane post-show thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rj

Jan 29, 2007
Indiana
Like it or not, Reigns is booked to be a strong ass mofo as well. It's funny how no one bats an eyelash to Brock no-selling a FINISHER, but Reigns seizes an opportunity after a couple chair shots and everyone goes ape.

You could book Curtis Axel to be a strong ass mofo as well. Doesn't mean the crowd would accept it. You have to build a guy up well to be at that point. WWE has not done that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Crowd reflected the overall card. After Owens/Ziglar everything pretty much went down hill.

The Charlotte/Brie match was bad, including the ending.

AJ/Y2J was decent but like some have said, nothing that we'll really remember in 6 months to a year.

Main Event was great until the walk finish. Reigns got boo'd HEAVILY throughout the night during promos, coming out, the entire match, and afterward. No selling the 2-3 chair shots really pissed a lot off - people were like what??! Then the staredown started as boos and turned to a lot of people simply leaving.

Ya they definitely muted the crowd mics. Some of the boos got through but a ton didn't.

rj

Jan 29, 2007
Indiana
Brock was legit THE babyface in this match tonight. People wanted him to crush both Roman and Dean and win this match. Dean was the second choice and no one wanted Roman.

There is no getting around this. Roman IS NOT OVER. Come at me wrestlezone and the Roman marks over there and prove me wrong.

I don't get the thinking if you want Roman to become your top star where you book him in a match of 3 faces and he is ranked 3rd among the fans. The guy was setup to fail.

If they wanted the crowd to cheer him at the end of the match why didn't they put him with Sheamus?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
1) Best Ziggler match: ADR vs. Ziggler with the double turn. I will also throw Cena/Ziggler out there, too. Some good stuff.

2) E&C and New Day were verbally battling over old vs. new and how New Day was fresh. I thought, at that point, there was no way in hell we wouldn't see Enzo and Cass. New, fresh, catch phrases, E&C, etc. I just... don't know what other moment would work better. That was the moment.

You should rewatch Ziggler/Bryan if you think ADR/Ziggler and Cena/Ziggler are better. The latter two are great, but there's a reason even WWE recognized how good Bryan/Ziggler was and it tied Taker/HBK for the Slammy MOTY that year.

Oct 18, 2011
they definitely turned the mics down for the hhh/reigns pose off
that or the fans were dead silent and didn't care

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You should rewatch Ziggler/Bryan if you think ADR/Ziggler and Cena/Ziggler are better. The latter two are great, but there's a reason even WWE recognized how good Bryan/Ziggler was and it tied Taker/HBK for the Slammy MOTY that year.

I will have to watch it again. For whatever reason, it's just not sticking out to me. I'm sure it's terrific because both guys work. But I can remember like 10 other DB matches I loved and the Ziggler one just couldn't catch my memory.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm still convinced those "duelling chants" that the announcers are quick to point out, are vented in. :help:

Only ones that happened were for AJ/Jerhico. I buy those as legit.

Dueling Cena chants are always real. Kids love that man and the adults hate him.

It was 100% suplex city in the main event. Dean was second fiddle.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
I honestly feel bad for Roman because you look at the locations leading up to WM (Chicago, Philly, Brooklyn, Pitts) They are going to **** all over him and it is not his fault at all. Its Vince that is going to kill him and i don't know why Vince hates him so much because that is the only reason i can think of Vince is doing this too him.

S A W F T*

I honestly feel bad for Roman because you look at the locations leading up to WM (Chicago, Philly, Brooklyn, Pitts) They are going to **** all over him and it is not his fault at all. Its Vince that is going to kill him and i don't know why Vince hates him so much because that is the only reason i can think of Vince is doing this too him.

Vince hates Reigns? Lolwut?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Actually the thought is HHH hates Roman and is going along with all of this without much fuss because he knows it will ruin Roman.

That is the political hit theory.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
Actually the thought is HHH hates Roman and is going along with all of this without much fuss because he knows it will ruin Roman.

I honestly could see that lol... A little cold but it looks like he is going down the Lex Lugar path

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007

To tack on to this, I've heard this theory for about a year now and wasn't buying too much into it....until pretty much everything that has happened since Rollins vacated the title.

Think of that Dec. 14 RAW ending with Roman winning the title and winning over the PHILLY crowd. It's now like that never happened.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Why I'm also surprised that they keep pushing Reigns is that the kids don't like him in most cities.

Like, Cena gets pops. If you silenced the boo's (which naturally are louder than pops) he still gets a huge reaction.

With Reigns, besides a couple cities, he gets total indifference by children. Children/teens just do not consider Reigns as someone they like.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Why I'm also surprised that they keep pushing Reigns is that the kids don't like him in most cities.

Like, Cena gets pops. If you silenced the boo's (which naturally are louder than pops) he still gets a huge reaction.

With Reigns, besides a couple cities, he gets total indifference by children. Children/teens just do not consider Reigns as someone they like.

And yet they continue to make him do the Shield crowd entrance, in his Shield gear, as the most hated man on the show.

How long before someone just sucker-punches him? :help:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

LAW made a good point in they Roman doesn't really appeal to any demo.

Like you said Cena had a large following with kids. Roman doesn't.

And I don't know how far I buy things being a career sabotage and a civil war between Vince and HHH but it's hard to believe no one with some creative control doesn't see this isn't working.

I mean this could be a Lugar situation where they were just morons desperate for the next Hogan but there does seem to be something a bit more sinister.

HHH's ego is also gigantic.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
The only way they can save Roman is by turning him full boar heel. Hell give him the Vince award tonight and play it off as Roman being the plan for the Authority all along and it will be an All authority main event. Have Roman be your heel champion and when the time is right and the Authority is boring people in the ring with one of their promos send J & J Security out just to stand on the stage and the prepare for the biggest pop you would have heard in a long long time.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And yet they continue to make him do the Shield crowd entrance, in his Shield gear, as the most hated man on the show.

How long before someone just sucker-punches him? :help:

Another point for the political hit theory.

How they have gone this long with the poor reactions without any gimmick change (only one still doing the shield gimmick) is mind boggling.

Early on I get it. You hope the shield heat will transfer but we are what? Year and a half post break up? It didn't transfer.

How has no one decided to change his gimmick?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The only way they can save Roman is by turning him full boar heel. Hell give him the Vince award tonight and play it off as Roman being the plan for the Authority all along and it will be an All authority main event. Have Roman be your heel champion and when the time is right and the Authority is boring people in the ring with one of their promos send J & J Security out just to stand on the stage and the prepare for the biggest pop you would have heard in a long long time.

He can't turn tonight. It has to be at mania or the night after but I agree they have to turn him.

Rock was getting "die rocky die" chants and they turned him and they made a star.

The fact it's so obvious and easy to fix again makes it seem like someone doesn't want him to succeed.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
LAW made a good point in they Roman doesn't really appeal to any demo.

Like you said Cena had a large following with kids. Roman doesn't.

And I don't know how far I buy things being a career sabotage and a civil war between Vince and HHH but it's hard to believe no one with some creative control doesn't see this isn't working.

I mean this could be a Lugar situation where they were just morons desperate for the next Hogan but there does seem to be something a bit more sinister.

HHH's ego is also gigantic.

Considering HHH wanted Owens it Ambrose to win the title at Survivor Series, he's at least aware that it isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad