GDT: WWE Fastlane post-show thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tweets from people who were there live saying the boos were deafening loud when Roman won and didn't stop until he was long gone from the ring and they must of turned the crowd mics down and the music up for the broadcast as it didn't sound as bad watching.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Tweets from people who were there live saying the boos were deafening loud when Roman won and didn't stop until he was long gone from the ring and they must of turned the crowd mics down and the music up for the broadcast as it didn't sound as bad watching.

I don't remember deafening boos when he won, I heard boos but they weren't "change the plans of WM again" bad. The RTWM is gonna be soooooooo bad/funny

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't remember deafening boos when he won, I heard boos but they weren't "change the plans of WM again" bad. The RTWM is gonna be soooooooo bad/funny

Where you there? On TV it was mostly quiet. Sounded like apathy but the crowd itself was pulling some thumbs down so I can believe they turned the mics down and cranked the music to hide the reactions. There is enough of a delay to bleep curses then they can lessen crowd stuff.

And ya they have a ****ing death march of smark cities for the final Raws to Mania. If they don't pull a big swerve its going to be bad.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Where you there? On TV it was mostly quiet. Sounded like apathy but the crowd itself was pulling some thumbs down so I can believe they turned the mics down and cranked the music to hide the reactions. There is enough of a delay to bleep curses then they can lessen crowd stuff.

And ya they have a ****ing death march of smark cities for the final Raws to Mania. If they don't pull a big swerve its going to be bad.

No I wasn't there. I feel bad for people who where tho. How much do PPV's usually cost to go to? I assume its different depending on the PPV (i.e if its Mania, Rumble or Summerslam compared to Payback or Fastlane)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No I wasn't there. I feel bad for people who where tho. How much do PPV's usually cost to go to? I assume its different depending on the PPV (i.e if its Mania, Rumble or Summerslam compared to Payback or Fastlane)

Oh I wasn't sure if you meant that the crowd wasn't booing loudly live because you heard it.

Umm for a B PPV? Well Payback is coming to Newark and lowest price is $30 for the worst seats and it goes up from there so I imagine that is the face price. I couldn't see it going much higher on the secondary market with where the product is and a B PPV.

I could see secondary prices go even lower if the PPV is in non smark area where wrestling isn't as big since selling out would be a stretch.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I love everybody getting upset at Reigns no selling the chair shots but nobody gave a **** about Lesnar no selling the spear.

Are you comparing Brock getting speared and then locking Roman into a kimura lock on his back, to Roman, after being in a submission that kayfabe has broken arms, then getting slammed with 4 chair shots to the ground then immediately getting back to his feet, hits a running spear and wins?

Because it isn't at all the same thing. One is Brock on his back locking in a desperation submission. The other is just ignoring 4 chair shots like its nothing.

One makes sense, the other is completely no selling just to finish the match.

Its actually worse on a rewatch. Roman eats about 10 suplexes. A F-5, a Dirty Deeds that he kicks out of. That double german, about 4 chair shots to the back, and gets the pin with ****ing ease like nothing happened at all and stands tall staring down HHH.

That is Hogan levels of ********. Especially since Dean didn't take nearly as much punishment (no F-5, no chairs, one superman punch and one spear).

They could at least of had Dean kick out of the spear and have Roman win with help from the chair and another spear or superman punch. Make it look a little difficult. **** Dean was getting up from Brock's german's. The one spear was the killer?

You want the audience to feel sympathetic for this guy and see him as an underdog, but he wins with ****ing ease every time. Even Cena wasn't this bad with the superman booking. We literally are at Hogan levels.

Last edited:

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
I still dont get why Del Rio was double stomping all over the place in the US title match. Why wouldn't you have him use the arm bar to win the second point? Literally not a single arm bar was used in the match, so there was none of that "Will Kalisto tap out quicker to preserve his body" stuff. It was strange then, and then similarly weird things happened with the Styles Clash and the Roman stuff

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
The poor Wyatts...
I'll atleast remember the pop Bray got for standing up to H at the rumble
Sure would have been cool if wwe saw and realized what they should do there...

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Based on reaction, I don't think I need to watch Fastlane. I don't want to watch Reigns win. It was the thing we all dreaded and we shouldn't be surprised that's what we got.

I'll give Mania a watch but they need some decent undercard matches to make up for that main event.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
#cancelWWENetowrk is trending worldwide for the 2nd year in a row after fastlane...:biglaugh:

and here we have WWE creative summarized.
http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/src/1456111910412.webm

I love everybody getting upset at Reigns no selling the chair shots but nobody gave a **** about Lesnar no selling the spear.

Maybe because lesnar has been intentionally built to be not human.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT?

Lesnar, the guy who's SUPPOSED to no-sell everything, did not win the rumble, did not win at summerslam, is not main eventing WM and as of yet, still does not have a WM opponent. Which is plain stupid.

I was fine with reigns if he wasn't built as cena v2.0 and now he's exceeding even cena standards and that says alot.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And the no sell is Brock getting Roman in a Kimora lock while he is on his back.

That isn't a no sell.

Roman not selling at the finish was crap. Everyone who reviews and covers this stuff agrees too. It's not Roman's fault as the finish was booked that way and he did what he was told. It was still a **** finish.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Ok, after a night of sleep...a few thoughts:

- There has never been a guy booked worse than Roman Reigns, a pawn in the WWE civil war that is going on. How is he supposed to get over when this was booked like a handicap match, then he pins the "weaker" guy i.e. Ambrose? Please consider that the Road to WM goes through Brooklyn, Chicago and some other smark cities. Brock Lesnar....remember him? Remember how cool he is? What's he up to now? Ambrose?

- Hilarious how everyone on Twitter gets upset about the main event finish, then ON CUE Triple H is posting pics of him and Nakamura to calm people down. I gotta hand it to him, that is some master class in politics he's teaching.

- I asked in the GDT what the best Dolph Ziggler match is. MCG replied with Bragging Rights vs Bryan....which was in 2010. And that's my point, for all the love Dolph gets in some corners, it's not like he has memorable singles matches. It's not entirely his fault as he resides in 50-50 hell, but shouldn't there be an over 4 star match out there?

- This is totally the modus operendi of WWE on the main roster: Have some good matches but have them be totally unmemorable. Another example: AJ vs Jericho. Very good match, but why would I remember that one even six months from now?

- Cole, Saxton, and JBL is the worst three man team of all time because I can't think of one thing they add to the table. I've been watching WM4, WM5, and Starrcade 1993/94 lately and while some of it is crap, the commentary at least can carry me through it. Why does JBL make Jeep Swenson references? To impress me? Because I'm not! Also, Jeep Swenson sucked, may he rest in peace. I know it's not all Cole's fault, but please tell me one thing they do well.

- While the E&C with New Day was good for some laughs, the booking was very confusing. So are New Day faces? If so that's fine because they will be cheered at Mania. But why do you have LoN yell at E&C when they can't take bumps? Totally pointless.

- Charlotte continues to impress me, and I love seeing Ric out there. He's not even overshadowing her at this point so it's working. Now let's make sure Sasha/Charlotte gets enough time at WM32 and doesn't get cut because Roman will need 47 minutes to get from the upper deck down to the ring.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
- I asked in the GDT what the best Dolph Ziggler match is. MCG replied with Bragging Rights vs Bryan....which was in 2010. And that's my point, for all the love Dolph gets in some corners, it's not like he has memorable singles matches. It's not entirely his fault as he resides in 50-50 hell, but shouldn't there be an over 4 star match out there?

- While the E&C with New Day was good for some laughs, the booking was very confusing. So are New Day faces? If so that's fine because they will be cheered at Mania. But why do you have LoN yell at E&C when they can't take bumps? Totally pointless.

1) Best Ziggler match: ADR vs. Ziggler with the double turn. I will also throw Cena/Ziggler out there, too. Some good stuff.

2) E&C and New Day were verbally battling over old vs. new and how New Day was fresh. I thought, at that point, there was no way in hell we wouldn't see Enzo and Cass. New, fresh, catch phrases, E&C, etc. I just... don't know what other moment would work better. That was the moment.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ok, after a night of sleep...a few thoughts:

- There has never been a guy booked worse than Roman Reigns, a pawn in the WWE civil war that is going on. How is he supposed to get over when this was booked like a handicap match, then he pins the "weaker" guy i.e. Ambrose? Please consider that the Road to WM goes through Brooklyn, Chicago and some other smark cities. Brock Lesnar....remember him? Remember how cool he is? What's he up to now? Ambrose?

- Hilarious how everyone on Twitter gets upset about the main event finish, then ON CUE Triple H is posting pics of him and Nakamura to calm people down. I gotta hand it to him, that is some master class in politics he's teaching.

- This is totally the modus operendi of WWE on the main roster: Have some good matches but have them be totally unmemorable. Another example: AJ vs Jericho. Very good match, but why would I remember that one even six months from now?

- Cole, Saxton, and JBL is the worst three man team of all time because I can't think of one thing they add to the table. I've been watching WM4, WM5, and Starrcade 1993/94 lately and while some of it is crap, the commentary at least can carry me through it. Why does JBL make Jeep Swenson references? To impress me? Because I'm not! Also, Jeep Swenson sucked, may he rest in peace. I know it's not all Cole's fault, but please tell me one thing they do well.

- Charlotte continues to impress me, and I love seeing Ric out there. He's not even overshadowing her at this point so it's working. Now let's make sure Sasha/Charlotte gets enough time at WM32 and doesn't get cut because Roman will need 47 minutes to get from the upper deck down to the ring.

I almost buy the political hit theory with how badly Roman is booked. This isn't a push. He is being forced. And I buy the theory because HHH on Twitter shaking hands with Nakamura. It's really like he knew the PPV was going to get roasted and he made sure he looked squeaky clean for us smarks.

My biggest problem outside how badly Roman is booked (and some lackluster matches) is just how little they did to build Mania.

The entire card outside the main event is still a ****ing mystery. We have no clue who Taker is wrestling. Brock? Don't know (it seems it's Dean but who the hell knows). Bray? No idea. KO and the IC title? No idea. AJ styles? No idea. Women's? I guess triple threat but they didn't really make that clear either. Tag? LON/New day I guess (who are the faces?!!)

Thinking it over. Almost nothing happened on this PPV. Ya they got 6 weeks of Raws to build but usually the picture is clearer by now.

And ya commentary is awful. Saxton is ****ing brutal to listen too. I'll take phoning it in King again over Saxton. Cole is what he is and JBL is all over the place.

It was made worse by having Maurio on the pre show and him being way better. Give me Maurio and Graves. It's your best guys on mic. ****ing use them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just saw something weird this morning. I wake up and Brock Lesnar is laying on my broken kitchen table.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

I was there and yes the boos for Roman were non-stop and loud all night.

People were also pretty pissed with the filler before and after the main event, and with things ending early.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Man we haven't even really gotten into the Wyatts. They literally can't bury them any deeper at this point.

And bray will show up and cut another promo that makes no senses only I wish someone would just call him out for legit sucking constantly.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was there and yes the boos for Roman were non-stop and loud all night.

People were also pretty pissed with the filler before and after the main event, and with things ending early.

I would of been pissed by that filler too but it seems at least the main event match perked the crowd up but the finish killed it again.

Some reviewers were ******** on the crowd for being apathetic but you guys got handed a rotten show. What did they expect?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I would of been pissed by that filler too but it seems at least the main event match perked the crowd up but the finish killed it again.

Some reviewers were ******** on the crowd for being apathetic but you guys got handed a rotten show. What did they expect?

Crowd reflected the overall card. After Owens/Ziglar everything pretty much went down hill.

The Charlotte/Brie match was bad, including the ending.

AJ/Y2J was decent but like some have said, nothing that we'll really remember in 6 months to a year.

Main Event was great until the walk finish. Reigns got boo'd HEAVILY throughout the night during promos, coming out, the entire match, and afterward. No selling the 2-3 chair shots really pissed a lot off - people were like what??! Then the staredown started as boos and turned to a lot of people simply leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad