GDT: WWE Fastlane post-show thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Ya they definitely muted the crowd mics. Some of the boos got through but a ton didn't.

It was very over-whelming so if you didn't notice them a lot then yeah, they messed with them.

HHH got a mini-pop when he came out, then when the stare down happened most had lost interest and started leaving. (they had already set off the post show fireworks, etc)

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
they definitely turned the mics down for the hhh/reigns pose off
that or the fans were dead silent and didn't care

A mix of both, I was there..

the boos turned to a mini-pop with HHH came out, then everyone was pretty much silent for the pose off.. it ended so early everyone was pissed.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The social outcasts match had to be an audible filler match.

Surprised we haven't heard big Dave get some confirmation on that. Seems like something he would find out.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Even the IWC (if that still exists?) has to feel bad for Reigns. Dude is doing everything he possibly can based on what he's given. And man.. he's given GARBAGE. The guy could be a mega heel right now with that smirk and would get the apropriate road to becoming a mega face/badass.

But like everyone else said, it's NOT working. The crowd has been and will be against him until something changes.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Even the IWC (if that still exists?) has to feel bad for Reigns. Dude is doing everything he possibly can based on what he's given. And man.. he's given GARBAGE. The guy could be a mega heel right now with that smirk and would get the apropriate road to becoming a mega face/badass.

But like everyone else said, it's NOT working. The crowd has been and will be against him until something changes.

I think it's gotten to a point that people realize it's not Roman's fault but the booking.

Though definitely still debate on how high he could get with proper booking.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I made references to Regins being Luger 2.0 a while ago, but that was before they had him win the title. He at least has a title win...heck he's a two time champ!

He's getting the Luger force feed, but they at least had him win the title. Not pulling the trigger on Luger both times is really what killed any credibility he had in the WWF.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I don't get muting the crowd mics. If he's getting booed out of the building at least he has heat. It seems weird to me that they'd mute the mics and make it seem to all the world that none of their paying customers give a **** about the feud that is at the top of the card of a show they're expecting to sell 100,000 tickets for.

Apathy is death in wrestling.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't get muting the crowd mics. If he's getting booed out of the building at least he has heat. It seems weird to me that they'd mute the mics and make it seem to all the world that none of their paying customers give a **** about the feud that is at the top of the card of a show they're expecting to sell 100,000 tickets for.

Apathy is death in wrestling.

They don't want him getting heel heat

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
They don't want him getting heel heat

They are nuts. The wm main event with HHH getting huge face pops even though he is the evil authority figure would be a mess. What would be a bigger mess is if the crowd walks out early or just sits on their hands during the main event.

They are making it look like nobody cares about Roman in an effort to hide the fact that people hate him. This is insanity.

Oct 18, 2011

roman needs to tell them when things suck.....then again if he knows hes going to win the title at mania, why put that in jeopardy? just swallow the garbage and get dat payday

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
I'm sure it was addressed earlier, but was there any confirmation on Ryback adding Luke Harper to his list of injured bodies for the botched Shellshock?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
You could book Curtis Axel to be a strong ass mofo as well. Doesn't mean the crowd would accept it. You have to build a guy up well to be at that point. WWE has not done that.
Well if we're gonna say in kayfabe that Brock is a beast who can no sell stuff, we can't lose sight that Reigns is booked to be a pretty strong SOB too. I don't like it, but it makes sense that Reigns is able to get up after a couple chair shots, to me anyway.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
roman needs to tell them when things suck.....then again if he knows hes going to win the title at mania, why put that in jeopardy? just swallow the garbage and get dat payday

In the end, it's all about the money. Roman isn't going to tell them "no" and risk losing those big pay days that come as champion.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto

Couldn't agree more. He could be an epic heel... even has the look of a proper heel. Being rammed down our throat as a persona non grata face is the epitome of Vince believing he knows what people want better than themselves.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Can Roman please work on his cardio or something though ?
Even as a top heel, that is just garbage

You partnered with Rollins...please just go do some crossfit with crossfit Jesus or something

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

Honestly, I think years of fans booing babyface Cena has just made Vince numb to the fan reactions of the guys he wants to push. He'll hear what he wants to hear until it starts affecting him or the stockholders in their wallets.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I really have doubts on the quality of the main event. Roman can't have a nap against HHH. And I'm not sure HHH can carry Roman to a quality match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese