Ziggler/Owens: **1/2
Six man: *3/4
Charlotte/Brie: *1/2
Jericho/Styles: ***3/4
Triple threat: ***1/2

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This PPV was pretty mediocre and it's not going to age well. That AJ/Y2J match will not look very good when you watch it over again. It was sluggish, clunky, and not very crisp for the two that were in the ring for that match. The triple threat was average at best. There wasn't much good about it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What's he saying?

I'm genuinely curious to hear how anyone is putting this over.

He thought the matches were good, but he expected more surprises.

Funny enough as Dave keeps talking it sounds like he is actually talking himself out of liking the PPV. He just had an on air realization that outside of HHH/Roman that NOTHING has been set up for Mania.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
He thought the matches were good, but he expected more surprises.

Funny enough as Dave keeps talking it sounds like he is actually talking himself out of liking the PPV. He just had an on air realization that outside of HHH/Roman that NOTHING has been set up for Mania.

Yeah I'm not sure he had processed it all before getting on the phone. It's interesting listening to him process it on the phone.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The clash has a reputation around wrestling for being particularly nasty. It's very odd that they had Jericho kick out of it the first time we see it on PPV.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why they didn't put this match on the card still bothers me

When you look at the card, there is no match that you can see Vince bumping to the preshow. The Divas likely won't get bumped to the preshow anymore. The six man tag should've been in the preshow but with the Braun Strowman pet project for Vince, that wasn't going to happen. The Axel/Truth match was likely improv'd into the card and that wouldn't go to the preshow even if it wasn't because then you have no draw on the preshow. And you obviously can't bump KO/Ziggler and AJ/Y2J there.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
and then Styles turns it into an ankle crusher and he taps. The booking made no sense.

Now Dave is realizing this booking was crap with no Jericho heel turn and the kickout of the Styles Clash.
I'm glad these hosts have made him realize he was wrong at first. Styles Clash should be his finisher 100%.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Where do I listen to Big Dave?

He is almost done. They are moving on to NXT and Nakamura. Dave guessing that Nakamura might do double duty (pure guessing though).

All three of these guys are completely underwhelmed with how poorly they have set up Mania tonight. Basically that no work has been done and they need to do some serious work starting tomorrow because the entire card for Mania hasn't even started being built yet on TV.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
When you look at the card, there is no match that you can see Vince bumping to the preshow. The Divas likely won't get bumped to the preshow anymore. The six man tag should've been in the preshow but with the Braun Strowman pet project for Vince, that wasn't going to happen. The Axel/Truth match was likely improv'd into the card and that wouldn't go to the preshow even if it wasn't because then you have no draw on the preshow. And you obviously can't bump KO/Ziggler and AJ/Y2J there.

The thing about the beef match is, if Strowman was supposed to be pushed. How did tonight help that at all? Really the only Wyatt that got protected was Bray because he didn't wrestle (and why Dave thinks Brock/Bray is still on).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad