GDT: WWE Extreme Rules (22nd May 2016) - This time it’s legal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Okay, time for positives.

- That Fatal-Four Way. 5/5. Main Roster Match of The Year.
- The Main Event was fun. Pretty Good Match at the end of the day.
- SETH ROLLINS!
- The ending of the Asylum was good.
- Baron Corbin won. So... yeah.
- Xavier Woods doesn't just eat pins anymore.

(Seriously, shorten the Asylum by 7, and add on 7 to the tag match, and both matches are fine).

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
I tuned in as soon as it looked like Reigns destroyed his knee. I think he sold it twice afterwards by grabbing it but otherwise moved around fine. Also, the amount of near falls after big moves got real tiring.

Here's to Seth taking back what's his.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm going to keep this show on my PVR just to have this Jericho/Ambrose match in case I ever suffer through insomnia again.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Good show. Slowed down a bit with the Ambrose and womens match but the Main even delivered.

Anyone complaining about AJ being buried or this and that are missing the bigger picture. AJ has established himself as a main event player now. If fans didn't know about him before this feud they cant deny he is one of the best wrestlers on the planet after his back to back PPV performance.

And Reignes is no slouch himself and the constant Boo's are pretty amusing. I think the WWE just need to embrace the boos to salvage this Reings angle. Seriously Reings/Rollin, Reigns/Cena, Reings/Ambros, Reings/Lesner, Reings/KO/Cesaro/Bray/Zayn there would all be great match ups with crazy crowd heat I kind of want to see them all as long as Reings was played up more as heel since the crowds are going to boo him anyways.

For 9.99 I don't think you can expect much more.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Jericho / Ambrose had a really slow build but at least the ending was fine. Match was decent enough.

How that match was less overbooked by about 1000% than the main event is insane.

I'd rather watch 10 Naked Mideon matches than another end of a Reigns match where be overcomes everything.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Good show. Slowed down a bit with the Ambrose and womens match but the Main even delivered.

Anyone complaining about AJ being buried or this and that are missing the bigger picture. AJ has established himself as a main event player now. If fans didn't know about him before this feud they cant deny he is one of the best wrestlers on the planet after his back to back PPV performance.

And Reignes is no slouch himself and the constant Boo's are pretty amusing. I think the WWE just need to embrace the boos to salvage this Reings angle. Seriously Reings/Rollin, Reigns/Cena, Reings/Ambros, Reings/Lesner, Reings/KO/Cesaro/Bray/Zayn there would all be great match ups with crazy crowd heat I kind of want to see them all as long as Reings was played up more as heel since the crowds are going to boo him anyways.

NJPW World is cheaper and that's where my money is going now.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta

Except AJ was buried. His finish means nothing anymore and he has no credibility.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Usos/The Club: **1/2
Rusev/Kalisto: **1/4
New Day/Vaudevillains: **1/4
Miz/Cesaro/Zayn/Owens: ****1/2
Ambrose/Jericho: **
Reigns/Styles: ***3/4

DAT POP FOR THE CAP'N THOUGH!!!

S A W F T*

Usos/The Club: **1/2
Rusev/Kalisto: **1/4
New Day/Vaudevillains: **1/4
Miz/Cesaro/Zayn/Owens: ****1/2
Ambrose/Jericho: **
Reigns/Styles: ***3/4

DAT POP FOR THE CAP'N THOUGH!!!

Again.... no music either.

Just imagine if he opens RAW tomorrow with the babyface pop.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
>Protect the **** out of Styles Clash to the degree no move had been in a while.

>Finally let him use it. Twice

>Roman shakes them both off and hits AJ with one half ass spear. Wins.

He literally is Cena reincarnated.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
>Protect the **** out of Styles Clash to the degree no move had been in a while.

>Finally let him use it. Twice

>Roman shakes them both off and hits AJ with one half ass spear. Wins.

He literally is Cena reincarnated.

He's already worse than Cena to me, Vince didn't even go to these lengths to make Cena look good

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He's already worse than Cena to me, Vince didn't even go to these lengths to make Cena look good

Because Cena made himself look good to an extent. He wasn't the best wrestler initially, but his work on the mic made it a lot easier for fans (even smarks initially) to get behind him.

Reigns has none of those qualities, hence why Vince is going into maximum overdrive for him.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I watched it after it had aired and I feel like they already have their finger on the edit button for Rollins' pop. Funny thing is you can see the crowd going crazy, but the noise just doesn't match up.

Also, this booking of Reigns is just pathetic. The guy tweaks his knee and flops around like HBK in his Hogan match, but apparently he's just fine aside from the couple times during the match when he remembered his knee "hurt". Then he gets laid out like Austin did to Rock at WM17 but pops up for a spear to put AJ away with no issues. Seriously, how am I supposed to give two craps about anything that happens to Reigns when he gets to pull this crap? But no, they'll charge forward and ignore the crowds with this whole "everyone has an opinion on Reigns" nonsense.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Happy to see Seth return. But, honestly, who didn't see the ending coming? Spear off a top rope mistake. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad