GDT: WWE Extreme Rules (22nd May 2016) - This time it’s legal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
To be honest an amazing match that everyone is afraid to call amazing because Roman was in it.

Don't get me wrong Roman is horrible on the mic but he's pretty good in ring.

It was a decent match but part of that is Styles taking all those insane bumps. It was still the same old Roman nonsense match

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Roman has had a number of great main events now. Sure, he needs to be carried in some but he still does his part when he has to. The narrative of him being an awful in-ring worker is hilariously blown out of proportion and has become ripe with confirmation bias with people trying to find reasons to pick him apart when other main eventers pull the same things.

That was a great match with some abysmal booking at the end.

slackerracker

Jan 16, 2007
New jersey
To be honest an amazing match that everyone is afraid to call amazing because Roman was in it.

Don't get me wrong Roman is horrible on the mic but he's pretty good in ring.

Its not so much that Roman won, i think everyone knew that was happening but to kick out of the clubs finisher, then one styles clash then another styles clash on a chair and 20 other chair shots. And one spear finishes AJ. Let alone the Usos having 20 chair shots each and having all the energy in the world to delay the pin

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So, their #1 Heel, Seth Rollins, gets a standing ovation, and massive pop, after hitting his finisher on the company's #1 Face, who just was in a match where the crowd was destroying him the whole time.

Nuts.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I'm sure that was supposed to be a heel moment for Seth, but the crowd cheered him like the top babyface.

Ignoring anything tonight, he should 100% come back as a face.

Nah, lets just make him come back as heel, keep someone elses finsiher and have him job to reigns like he was going to before the injury. Because logic.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
It was typical Roman overbooking but if you don't appreciate the lead up prior to the overbooked part then you simply cannot judge a good match, no singles match in the past 5 months on a WWE ppv even came close to it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Also sounds like they killed The Club tonight lirl

I'm at this stupid asylum match so I guess I'm close to seeing that...not looking forward to 30 minutes of this match though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They should just bring back the SmackDown main title and give it to AJ

This is the main reason I want a brand split.

Let Vince run his shenanigans and Reigns show on Raw.

Give SmackDown! to HHH, and let it become a thing of beauty with all the talent.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Roman has had a number of great main events now. Sure, he needs to be carried in some but he still does his part when he has to. The narrative of him being an awful in-ring worker is hilariously blown out of proportion and has become ripe with confirmation bias with people trying to find reasons to pick him apart when other main eventers pull the same things.

That was a great match with some abysmal booking at the end.

Reigns is, by no means, awful in the ring...but don't mistake that for him being good in the ring. In the right circumstances he can be in a great match but almost always that means he has to be carried by an AJ Styles/Seth Rollins (legit world class wrestlers) or something gimmicked to all hell.

His moveset is meh (but again...AJ/Seth can make it look amazing) and his cardio is barely above mine at this point.

So no. He's not awful but he's not where he should be. Perfectly capable of putting on a good match when working with some of the best wrestlers in the world.

I hate that he still uses the Pedigree.

Yeah. That bugged me BUT I'm assuming it's because storyline wise..he and HHH aren't exactly enemies as he was injured and they never got their blow off. It'll come and he'll stop using it though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The fact Seth did the pedigree...is he still aligned with HHH?

Don't think so. I guess we will see. But HHH is off of TV, and Steph and Shane are still doing their thing.

I think the Pedigree was handed off to Seth for him not being able to do the curb stomp anymore.

In fact, we will probably see HHH vs Seth at some point.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I had to watch that at least 20 times

it was at least 20 times of me hearing byron saxton's voice break though

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I have a feeling we might see this after SummerSlam if some of the summer rumors are true

Seriously. There is so much talent, it's time to bring it back. Plus, the Drafts were always fun.

But Yeah, let the Authority run RAW (Vince behind the scenes) and Shane can have SmackDown! (HHH behind the scenes), and then do a draft the RAW after SS.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Seriously. There is so much talent, it's time to bring it back. Plus, the Drafts were always fun.

But Yeah, let the Authority run RAW (Vince behind the scenes) and Shane can have SmackDown! (HHH behind the scenes), and then do a draft the RAW after SS.

Smackdown with Cesaro, Owens, Wyatts, Bullet Club, Zayn, Rusev, etc with Mauro on commentary would be incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad