GDT: WWE Extreme Rules (22nd May 2016) - This time it’s legal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
My favorite part of the main event was when AJ hit the Styles Clash onto a pile of C-4 explosives and Roman kicked out at 1. :sarcasm:

It is nice to see a guy "who never lost the title" actually get a shot at it right away. You know, unlike Orton, Bryan, and Lesnar who lost without getting pinned just in the last two years.

Back to the main event: what was your favorite Reigns move? The Superman punch, or one of the other 83 Superman punches? :shakehead

Has the Ambrose-Jericho match ended yet? I thought I saw a pin but it might have just kept going on and on and on and on.

/endsnark

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Corbin v. Ziggler: **
It was just there. Perfectly fine, but nothing special.

The Club v. The Uso's: ***
Solid enough. Anderson is clearly the best worker in the match. Nice to see The Club pick up a win against a team that for knocked out of the Tag Title tournament in minutes.

Kalisto v. Rusev: ***
Solid little man versus big man match. Finish was a bit weird.

The Vaudevillains v. New Day: **
Criminally short. I have no more comments to how stupid this was.

Cesaro v. Miz v. Zayn v. Owens: ****1/2
Amazing. Three of the best in the world and Miz who is very underrated. Great match. So much fun.

Jericho v. Ambrose: ***
Slow, slow, slow build. But I enjoyed it. Should have been a bit shorter. Almost felt like they were paying Ambrose back for Wrestlemania.

Charlotte v. Natalya: **1/4
I'm sick of Charlotte beating Natayla by screwing her after defeating her so easily in the past. They have wrestled on 3 of the last 4 shows and I see no end in sight.

Styles v. Reigns: ***1/4
Styles was amazing. Just amazing. Reigns more than held his own against one of the best in the world. The work was great. The booking was not.

Uso's, who were beaten pretty well earlier need 3 or 4 chair shots a piece to knock them out, but The Club is done after a Superman punch? Really?

Reigns getting up like nothing after 307 chair shots and hitting a spear for the win is getting really old. It's literally the second time a PPV had ended this way in the past 3 months.

You can't even have Reigns lose in a wrestling match because it would be so damn anti-climatic. He can take 83040 chair shots and get right back up... What is going to believably keep him down?

Just awful handling of Reigns.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The thing with Nattie vs Charlotte is that they now kind of have to give Nattie the title at the next PPV or this whole chase means nothing.

They didn't give it to Becky, who was significantly more over than Nattie, after her chase/failure. They ain't giving Natalya the belt.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
The one thing I think a lot of people missed in the Reigns/Styles match was that they pushed Reigns heavily toward being a heel in this match.

While it is true the Usos only came out after the Club interfered, once they evened up the odds and took out the club for good in the match they continued to beat up on Styles and even broke up a pinfall that would have been clean. The last few minutes of the match was basically a 3 on 1 handicap match against Styles.

That combined with Rollins returning makes me think that Reigns will be turning heel soon even if Rollins is playing heel tonight on Raw initially.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Except AJ was buried. His finish means nothing anymore and he has no credibility.

Cry AJ a river while he is sitting on a pile of money and is more famous now in the Wrestling world then he has ever been. And his finisher is the phenomenal forearm and calf crusher not the Styles Clash. Other finishers are kicked out of all the time, and I think the second Styles Clash was a screw up by that USO as it was obv supposed to be AJ pulled out on a 2 count which is a classic spot.

End of the day AJ has solidified himself as a main eventer with his past 2 performances. AJ was not buried. Everyone knew he was not going to win the title, but I bet you most of the audience over this feud bought into it that he may actually win. I know last night I was on the edge of my seat thinking he had the title a few times.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Cry AJ a river while he is sitting on a pile of money and is more famous now in the Wrestling world then he has ever been. And his finisher is the phenomenal forearm and calf crusher not the Styles Clash. Other finishers are kicked out of all the time, and I think the second Styles Clash was a screw up by that USO as it was obv supposed to be AJ pulled out on a 2 count which is a classic spot.

End of the day AJ has solidified himself as a main eventer with his past 2 performances. AJ was not buried. Everyone knew he was not going to win the title, but I bet you most of the audience over this feud bought into it that he may actually win. I know last night I was on the edge of my seat thinking he had the title a few times.

I also think he was supposed to pull Styles out at 2. It seemed awkward how he pulled Styles out for like 2 seconds only for Styles to go for the pin right away. It didn't seem that he was out of the ring long enough for Reigns to be recovered to kick out, so I'm with you that it was likely a botch.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I also think he was supposed to pull Styles out at 2. It seemed awkward how he pulled Styles out for like 2 seconds only for Styles to go for the pin right away. It didn't seem that he was out of the ring long enough for Reigns to be recovered to kick out, so I'm with you that it was likely a botch.

Yup very obv a both on USO's part.

To many people are talking about Reigns here and not enough AJ styles. That match was a 100% star making match. I was never a huge Styles fan in his TNA days, but after this match I said AJ is truly the best in the world today hands down. Don't worry about Styles he has 3 years to of time in WWE to win championships and after his perfomance over the past 2 months I don't think any one in WWE has a problem with him being a main event player.

What I don't understand is why the WWE doesn't go full heel with Reings enough of this 50/50 stuff. No matter what Reigns does he will be booed. Look at the audience yesterday. Reigns is busting out some sick stuff and the chant replies with "you still suck" chant, the guy can't win.

Turn Reigns and the USO's full heel, let them crap on the universe for booing them even though they are good guys and tell the fans to shove it.

Looking forward to Reings-Rollins. And honestly Cena-Reigns needs to happen just to see the crowd reaction.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Seth mother****ing Rollins!

hated about everything on the show except the IC title.
way to predictable and terrible way to book a main-event.
i dont care if its not his finisher, but you gotta protect moves like the style clash a little more.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Happy to see The Miz keep up with Zayn, Cesaro & Owens. He's still a valuable asset to the WWE.

Great thing about the 4 way is that I wanted each of them to win.

I eventually want to see Cesaro capture the IC title and have a nice run with it where he wrestles 5 star matchs every PPV. Miz is just so money right now that there is no point in taking the belt off him he is a master heel.

Owens and Zayn should actually team up. Follow up on last Raw's tag team match where Steph/Shane were impressed with their victory that they team them up again. Let them win some match's and their friendship can start to come back. Eventually Owens would turn on Zayn, but there can be a lot of fun match's and segments with them as a tag team. Heck even have Owens bring out a little surprise for Zayn, a lucha mask ...:)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So last night...

- they cut a McMahon segment
- gave extra time to Ambrose vs. Jericho
- Ambrose vs. Jericho went long, so the women's match was cut in time.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So last night...

- they cut a McMahon segment
- gave extra time to Ambrose vs. Jericho
- Ambrose vs. Jericho went long, so the women's match was cut in time.
Yeah, cutting the segment basically messed all the timings up for the entire night. If you take 10mins from the cage match and give it to the tag match and women's match I think it would all have been much better.

But I think I'd rather have a McMahon segment than that terrible cage match. All together, even if the McMahons were in the ring for the full 30mins.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
There are a lot of things in the world I'd rather watch than that catastrophe of a cage match again.

Ambrose's work when he's not working with Rollins leaves a lot to be desired, unfortunately. He needs a reset.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
There are a lot of things in the world I'd rather watch than that catastrophe of a cage match again.

Ambrose's work when he's not working with Rollins leaves a lot to be desired, unfortunately. He needs a reset.

Agreed 100% but speaking ill of Ambrose around here is seemingly on par with treason. Outside of his work with Rollins...and MAAAAYBE some of the stuff with Bray...He's...actually kinda stunk.

I certainly think the talent is there obviously but it's not working right now and it's detrimental to the show.

S A W F T*

Agreed 100% but speaking ill of Ambrose around here is seemingly on par with treason. Outside of his work with Rollins...and MAAAAYBE some of the stuff with Bray...He's...actually kinda stunk.

I certainly think the talent is there obviously but it's not working right now and it's detrimental to the show.

It's more his character is awesome. His in ring skill is above average but not great with a watered down WWE moveset.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It's more his character is awesome. His in ring skill is above average but not great with a watered down WWE moveset.

Certainly. I'm not, and would not, imply that Dean isn't very talented but his current situation just isn't working and a reset/heel turn would probably go a long way.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Dude, when I'm the one ******** on Ambrose then there's a HUGE problem considering how much of a mark I am for him. WWE has completely mishandled Ambrose since The Shield split and especially after his program with Rollins.

It's not his fault but he doesn't seem to fight for anything. His promos? Hokey (when he gets mic time). His in-ring work? It comes off as lazy at times. He's still good, but it comes off as lazy. His character? A joke.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Dude, when I'm the one ******** on Ambrose then there's a HUGE problem considering how much of a mark I am for him. WWE has completely mishandled Ambrose since The Shield split and especially after his program with Rollins.

It's not his fault but he doesn't seem to fight for anything. His promos? Hokey (when he gets mic time). His in-ring work? It comes off as lazy at times. He's still good, but it comes off as lazy. His character? A joke.

Agreed completely, they have ****ed that character up so much. Ambrose at his best is the most bad ass character in wrestling. But they've turned him into a weird Nickelodeon character and they keep booking him in matches to destroy his body. It blows my mind he hasn't been injured yet considering he's put his body through more punishment than arguably anyone on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad