GDT: WWE Extreme Rules (22nd May 2016) - This time it’s legal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Welcome to WWE Extreme Rules 2016, the Ambrose is crazy PPV!
Extreme_Rules_2016_official_WWEShop.com_Poster.jpg
(This time the guy on the poster actually is on the card! But the guys who were missing last time are still injured.)

WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Extreme Rules Match
201604129_match_ER_1920x1080_romanstyles_CAGE--d70a65e7262a817e70a44240d47f44b6.jpg

Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles
Roman Reigns defeated AJ Styles to retain his title at Payback earlier in the month. The match was restarted twice by the McMahon siblings who are now working together after Vince put them both in charge of the WWE.

In the following weeks, both Reigns & the Usos and Styles & The Club clashed. While Gallows and Anderson have been more than willing to attack their opponents with chairs, Styles has always resisted unless to defend himself but as it progressed he seems more willing to take the offensive. Reigns has been openly distrustful of Styles and The Club, but Styles maintains that he doesn’t need them and will be winning the title alone. The Club have stated they still have Styles back, and the Usos are fully ready to step in behind Reigns.

WWE Women’s Championship - Submission Match, Ric Flair banned from ringside.
20160502_match_ER_1920x1080_CharlotteNattie--3fe57ee878e79f56fc78ecf08b8a4298.jpg

Charlotte vs Natalya
Charlotte retained her title at Payback by invoking a Montreal Screw Job. Natalya never submitted, and after the match she locked Charlotte in the Sharpshooter while Bret Hart locked one on Flair. As a result of the cheating, Stephanie McMahon made a rematch as a submission match, and banned Flair from ringside. Should flair appear, Charlotte’s title lose and the title will pass to Natalya.

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Fatal Four-Way
20160502_match_ER_1920x1080_4Way--8bce1d836c34a5689e7474aba52b750e.jpg

Kevin Owens vs The Miz w/ Maryse vs Cesaro vs Sami Zayn
The Miz retained his title at Payback vis distraction after Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn started brawling during his match with Cesaro. On Raw Owens demanded his the rematch he was entitled to, but was placed in a number one contender match with Cesaro after Cesaro pointed out Owens distraction was the reason for his loss. The match ended in DQ when Miz attacked Cesaro, with Zayn making the save. A three-way match was then made by Stephanie and Shane McMahon, Zayn asked for a spot too, and was put in a match with the Miz for a spot. Zayn won and it was made a four-way match.

WWE United States Championship - Singles Match
20160502_match_ER_1920x1080_KalRus--ce69cb4593b6488145e82be02d0333d8.jpg

Kalisto vs Resev w/ Lana
At Payback Kalisto defeated Ryback to retain his title. On the following Raw there was a 15-man battle royale to determine a new number one contender, which Rusev won. in the follow weeks Rusev faced both Sin Cara and Kalisto in matches, and handing out beatings to both, including attacking Sin Cara in front of Kalisto during his match with Del Rio.

WWE Tag Team Championship - Tag Team Match
20160501_match_ER_1920x1080_TagTeam--af79fc0b1e61c5db33bd8b88accaa9be.jpg

The New Day vs The Vaudevillians
The Vaudevillians won the number one contender tournament finals match against Enzo and Cass (due to Enzo’s injury). The New Day have been the victims of multiple attacks during the built up, including having their time machine being destroyed.

Asylum Match
20160509_match_ER_1920x1080_DeanJericho--c0131b5462a0467d5bc29edece90bf5e.jpg

Dean Ambrose vs Chris Jericho
Chris Jericho broken Dean Ambrose’s plant. Ambrose then broke Jericho’s jacket. Now they’re having an Asylum match, which is a cage match which can only be won via pin or submission. Weapons are placed on the top of the cage for use during the match.

Tornado Tag Team Match
20160513_match_ER_1920x1080_UsosGallow--80a02e4f15942e62e53d7cf185cd6b8d.jpg

The Usos vs The (Bullet) Club
Both tag teams have clash as part of the Reigns and Styles feud, and have been placed in a match together. (I missed the Smackdown where it was announced so I’m not sure if there was any reason other than this.)

No Disqualification Match (Pre-Show)
20160516_match_ER_1920x1080_Kickoff--6ea13408c0de99eb3495614485b35a98.jpg

Dolph Ziggler vs Baron Corbin
Since he debuted after Wrestlemania, Baron Corbin has clashed with Dolph Ziggler on a number of occasions. Most notables way during the number one contender battle royale for the United States Champion where Corbin attacked Ziggler after he him self had bene eliminated, this lead to Zigglers elimination.

Last edited:

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
This is such a boring card, I'll watch it in a stupor after a healthy Sunday night's party but I'll probably fall asleep 2 matches in and have to restart it

The IC 4-way might be pretty good though, that's gonna be a whole lot of talent in one ring

New Day and Vaudvillains shouldn't be the 2nd most enticing match on a PPV

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, this card isn't great. It's mostly part-twos, which can be fine, but I hate gimmick matches so it sucks. If they were all just normal matches I'd be far more looking forward to it.

Reigns vs Styes - This will a great match if they don't get gimmicky, but I suspect they will. They managed a good match last time with all the stuff happening, so they might be able to do it again. I just really want to see them have a clean match as it would be great.
Charlotte vs Natalya - This will be good, won't complain about seeing it again.
Owens vs Miz vs Csaro vs Zayn - I like all the guys here, so it will be a good match.
Kalisto vs Rusev - We've just had Ryback, and Rusev is basically the same kind of guy. I want a different kind of match from Kalisto.
New Day vs Vaudevillians - It'll be fine, but I don't really care.
Ambrose vs Jericho - Meh. They fixed my biggest issue with cage matches, but then they added weapons to make it terrible again.
Usos vs Club - We've seen this too much recently.
Ziggler vs Corbin - I just don't care. It'll be a fine match but I'd vastly prefer Corbin in NXT.

The show will be fine, gimmicks are just not what I want from my wrestling.

S A W F T*

For the first time that I can remember, a WWE PPV will be on my secondary TV tonight.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm coming back from Montreal tonight so I have Extreme Rules on the PVR, along with Bob's Burgers, Fear The Walking Dead and Preacher lol.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I seriously considered going to this, but with no Finn, a proper Bullet Club, or the return of anyone else I decided not to after Payback.

Hopefully it is still good though. Will catch it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad