GDT: WWE Extreme Rules (22nd May 2016) - This time it’s legal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
He's already worse than Cena to me, Vince didn't even go to these lengths to make Cena look good

Let's not get carried away. Reigns won because the match turned into a 3 on 1 handicap match in his favor. He didn't really overcome some great odds in this one.

Reigns isn't even close to Cena taking out the Nexus in 2010 or Cena surviving the 2 on 1 beatdown against Miz and Riley in 2011.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Read the recap and see the the Styles Clash is nice and dead. :facepalm:

OH well didn't really expect AJ Styles to win, but hopefully Rollins takes the title from Reigns then beats him again in like 3 rematches so Reigns is good and buried (Wishful thinking I know)

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Apparently something got cut short earlier in the show so Ambrose/Jericho was given 10 extra minutes.

It sucked so bad.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Let's not get carried away. Reigns won because the match turned into a 3 on 1 handicap match in his favor. He didn't really overcome some great odds in this one.

Reigns isn't even close to Cena taking out the Nexus in 2010 or Cena surviving the 2 on 1 beatdown against Miz and Riley in 2011.

He kicked out of two Style's Clashes, one on a chair, and won with a single spear.

That is pure Super Cena booking, and the exact reason why everyone turned on Cena in the first place.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
WWE will be like "But your boy AJ is in the main event tho! #newera" I think AJ has done an amazing job but losing back to back to Reigns is a killer, especially when his offense is kicked out of left/right.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
WWE will be like "But your boy AJ is in the main event tho! #newera" I think AJ has done an amazing job but losing back to back to Reigns is a killer, especially when his offense is kicked out of left/right.

Even worse that his finisher got obliterated along with it, while Roman's moves of doom remain protected.

Bullet Club also got killed and became a total non factor. It was a really poorly booked ending, and how badly Roman got **** on should ring in someone's head in creative.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
There are only a handful of legitimate hopes to go over Reigns in the near future and they're either established or were named by McMahon in his Austin podcast more than a year ago. Cena, Lesnar, Rollins and Wyatt are the only four guys I see having a legitimate chance at going over Reigns.

Styles, Balor, Ambrose, whoever else is there... not a chance unless Reigns is entering the match with an injury that'll sideline him for any length of time.

And even with the four I mentioned above, WWE has shown they have no problems making Wyatt look like a geek and if rumours were true for what was planned between Reigns/Rollins before Rollins' injury, then it's really only Cena and Lesnar as the only legit hopes. MAYBE Kevin Owens if he wins MITB.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Went to the show, had a good time, some thoughts/notes.

When Eden got in the ring for the first time during the pre there was a very loud Cody chant that she raised her hand too, she definitely appreciated it.

Everyone was kind of bummed we didn't get Enzo, but Cass was pretty funny in his own right.

Uso's were hated tonight, was hilarious. Nice reaction for The Club winning and most of the crowd was loving the Rusev celebration when he won the title.

New Day match seemed like a tv match, but didn't matter to me, first time seeing them live and they are so much fun. Amazing how much merch they move, so many shirts and unicorns, good for them.

That 4 Way was amazing, loud cheers for the first three entrances massive boo's for Miz, funny. Can't wait to watch it again, thought it was over about 3-4 different times. MITB should be great with some/most of these guys in the match.

27 minutes that cage match, just dreadful, it was going to be impossible to follow the 4 way, but man the gimmicks sucked, crowd hated this. Thumb tacks got a huge reaction though, props to Y2J for taking that.

Women didn't need the submissions only, they have had many better matches, too many rest holds going for submissions, I do like Dana with the Flairs though, that could be fun.

Great pop for AJ, hilarious booo's for Roman as he entered and for introductions. While the ending of the match sucked I enjoyed this match. Think the gimmick rules actually make Roman matches better and with AJ being so small compared to him it's cool to see how high and far Roman throws him all over the place, fun match.

Rollins was treated like a hero, some of the audience missed it because they were running out the door as soon as Roman won, but then had to run back in when they heard the massive cheers.

Seth taking a bow to end the night made the crowd happy heading to the exits and overall a solid night to be there live.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Why the **** did I start fast forwarding once Reigns won lol. Pressed play just in time to see Rollins posturing up for a pedigree. It was still awesome though. Thoroughly enjoyed that. My favourite superstar AINEC

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
At least Crossfit Jesus has returned. Pretty sure, according to WWE standards, he's heel...even tho he's going to be cheered like a face..while your #1 face gets booed....and not in a good way.....

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Gonna be a little odd seeing a super buff Rollins :laugh:

Not that I can fault him
What does Mr. Crossfit do when one of his knees is completely shot ? ALL THE UPPER BODY STUFF

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I freaking love Seth Rollins. My interest completely waned while he was out. The Shield dissolving and Rollins' run afterwards was one of my favorite pro wrestling things ever. I feel like Rollins' presence electrifies the whole show. I probably wouldn't have said it before he was out with an injury but Rollins is definitely my favorite wrestler on the planet right now. I'd go so far as to say he's one of the best I've ever seen.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
anyone think new day is gonna break up anytime soon? big e getting interrupted when he wants to say something.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
anyone think new day is gonna break up anytime soon? big e getting interrupted when he wants to say something.

They'd be fools to break up with the amount of merch they probably push. That's a tonne of extra money in their wallets.

Oct 18, 2011
the finish to the main event is the same super cena crap we've seen for 10 years and why fans are getting sick of this ****. roman gets hit with a bunch of chair shots, then miraculously hits the miracle spear and the knee he hurt earlier in the match was not sold at all beyond the 2 minutes he played it up. roman's matches are all formulaic and require someone else taking a bunch of big bumps to make him look good

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Supposedly the part that got cut to give Ambrose/Jericho more time was a McMahon segment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad