WTF is wrong with Patches ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Maybe Pacioretty needs softer competition to produce the offense he did in the previous seasons. Kinda a shame if it's true.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Maybe Pacioretty needs softer competition to produce the offense he did in the previous seasons. Kinda a shame if it's true.

There ya go. That must be it. Knew someone would be able to find a dark lining in the silver cloud Hab fans are drifting on tonight. Let's get people posting on here!

Habs are worst team besides the Oilers....oh they just beat a strong western team 6-1.

Therrien mixed up the lines again, he's a terr...oh those lines scored 6 goals.

The bulldogs are crap and.. oh, they won 5-1.

Thomas will be a bust becau...oh...8 shots and an assist tonight

Desharnais is the worst player in the league.... oh, he was second star and actually effective tonight.

"Patch needs softer competition to produce points"....bingo! Can't argue with that..look at the stats! Explains Desharnais too. Therrien and the Habs got lucky, the Bulldogs, Habs and Thomas will go back to sucking..and all will be "well" at Habs HF boards.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
There ya go. That must be it. Knew someone would be able to find a dark lining in the silver cloud Hab fans are drifting on tonight. Let's get people posting on here!

Habs are worst team besides the Oilers....oh they just beat a strong western team 6-1.

Desharnais is the worst player in the league.... oh, he was second star and actually effective tonight.

"Patch needs softer competition to produce points"....bingo! Can't argue with that..look at the stats! Explains Desharnais too. Therrien and the Habs got lucky, the Bulldogs, Habs and Thomas will go back to sucking..and all will be "well" at Habs HF boards.

Isn't it worse to think all is well based on one game? Regardless, you kinda ignored the speculative 'maybe' and 'if it's true' parts but you are accurate in the general thought. Pacioretty has benefited, arguably dominated, against relatively easier matchups in 11/12/13. Just an observation. It's a long season and IMO these things are worth noting/evaluating. I do believe he has the capabilities to develop his game to matchup up well against top 6 but he will never get that experience playing with Desharnais. Even the Habs coaching staff that has infinite rope for him is aware enough to give him favourable matchups regardless who's on his line.

The issue is more, how long until Eller/Galchenyuk/Bournival have their roles relegated and Subban gets given a shot at developing his complete game by playing more key ES minutes and SH time (something he already did well in 11/12).

Bulldogs played Tokarski and won? Not that surprising. Now if he gets the next start over Mayer...

I don't think one needs stats to see Desharnais has not looked like a NHLer for almost all of 2013 but it does back up that player evaluation.

Thomas may or may not bust, just like how Kristo may or many not bust. Better the devil you know than the smaller devil you don't.

If everyone is complacent with team, forums wouldn't have much discussion. ;)

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Yeah he reminds one of Tyler Hill in his prime!:laugh: Let's get some assists as well next time!

Last edited:

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
As usual, after a couple of losses, the board goes into full Pejorative Slur mode.

If you watch the game, you'll realize Pacioretty plays a more complete game than ever. Pts will come, he'll score 10 in 10 and will get back on track.

The guy leads the team in takeaways (tied with Galchenyuk and Markov) despite missing games. His passing has improved from 2 years ago. He's a much better defensive player as well.

He's had a couple of chances, but Bourque couldn't bury them.

There you go... with 5 goals in 13 games, he's on pace (pro rated 82 games) for 32 goals. And keep in mind he didn't finish 2 games.

superman.jpg

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
There you go... with 5 goals in 13 games, he's on pace (pro rated 82 games) for 32 goals. And keep in mind he didn't finish 2 games.

superman.jpg

Does this mean that we don't have to trade PacMan and DD? If so, I'm with you all the way, just tired of all the whining posters that call themselves fans.:shakehead

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
"Patches", er "MaxPac", er "Pac Man" must have read this thread, looked in the mirror and decided to pot a few. HaHa

Or the competition was soft. LOL

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Good point, getting that favorable matchup against Suter and Brodin was the key to getting Patches and DD going.

:sarcasm:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Good point, getting that favorable matchup against Suter and Brodin was the key to getting Patches and DD going.

:sarcasm:

There is no comeback for that one:yo:
Glad your boy DD had a good game, I'm not a fan of him but you gotta give credit where credit is due:handclap:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
We should really know by now that patches is a streaky player. I really thought patches was about to break out soon after watching the last couple of games, so the freak out that occurred around here kinda caught me by surprise.

Like a lot of nhl top 6 players, he is not a consistent scorer, but he remains the Habs most dynamic threat.

I think we are harder on him than people on the outside looking in. The things I read in here, I would think that team USA has to be pretty terrible to be considering him for a spot on the Olympic roster

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The guys that say nothing was wrong with MaxPac's game and he made no adjustments last night....I do not agree.

Since the beginning of the year, he was driving wide and shooting from low percentage areas. Was it because he was injured? Scared of re-injury? We will never know.

But last night, on all three goals MaxPac was directly in front of the net.

He even landed up skates first into the net.

If that does not tell you he made adjustments, nothing will.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
The guys that say nothing was wrong with MaxPac's game and he made no adjustments last night....I do not agree.

Since the beginning of the year, he was driving wide and shooting from low percentage areas. Was it because he was injured? Scared of re-injury? We will never know.

But last night, on all three goals MaxPac was directly in front of the net.

He even landed up skates first into the net.

If that does not tell you he made adjustments, nothing will.

I agree.

There was no way Pacioretty was playing like he did yesterday at the beginning of the season. You can see he really want to perform yesterday probably because the media made a big fuss about what he said about how the team played and system.

He had a lot more drive in his game that's for sure.

He was playing like a man man.. and I mean literally. He want to prove the media who bashed on him wrong.. and I think he really want to help DD produced.

Let's hope he continues like that. We need him badly.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Isn't it worse to think all is well based on one game?

Worse is bringing up DD's second star, as if it's meaningful. Ray Emery got a third star for beating up Braden Holtby not too long ago.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
The big difference was that everyone was willing to pay the price in the opposing zone. This led to confidence in the opposing zone. Suter and Brodin were completely overwhelmed by four lines willing to fight for pucks and were fearless in the corners.

That's what led to more creative passes (by everyone, not just DD) and led to more finish in the shots (by everyone, not just Patches).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
:handclap: lol...

Max backing it up tonight!!!

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Superb outing by MaxPac. He put himself on the line with the comments he made about the team's ineffective offensive system but then went out there and was money. Nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad