WTF is wrong with Patches ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifaxhab*

Pacioretty is related to Santa Claus

let me explain.

Santa gets his powers from kids who believe.

Pacioretty gets his powers from Habs fans who believe.

Now if we can stop acting like kids not getting their way and whining because "he dwiwint skwore ewery game" and just start cheering for the team....then.....

His powers will return!

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Well whats different from this year then last year.

-He is playing tougher competition this year.

-Offensive zone start % changed from 63.6(2nd) to 49.2(4th); looks like you guys were a better puck possession team last year.

-David Desharnais' production is somehow directly correlated with Pacioretty's. (hmmmm, lol)

-Playing 0:46 less of PP time, and 1:38 more SH time then last year.

Maybe its a coaching issue, "dont fix what aint broke" ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1h

For 2nd time in last couple of weeks, MTL player parts ways with his agent. This time it's Max Pacioretty. Last time it was Andrei Markov.

Pacioretty late on the play. His previous agent undersold him on the long term deal he signed, so he's as cooked as they come.

What's his new agent going to tell him -- "we'll demand a trade to a lower tax base jurisdiction, this way you'll get an indirect raise".

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Well whats different from this year then last year.

-He is playing tougher competition this year.

-Offensive zone start % changed from 63.6(2nd) to 49.2(4th); looks like you guys were a better puck possession team last year.

-David Desharnais' production is somehow directly correlated with Pacioretty's. (hmmmm, lol)

-Playing 0:46 less of PP time, and 1:38 more SH time then last year.

Maybe its a coaching issue, "dont fix what aint broke" ?

Pacioretty's production has little to nothing to do with Desharnais...see 12/13 and 10/11. Even in 11/12 out of his 33 goals, Desharnais had 1st assists on 7 (Cole and Subban had much more of an impact). It's a huge insult to Pac to suggest this haha.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
he was underwhelming last year even though he put up lots of points. Far too often invisible and way too soft.

He is not a gritty player and he doesn't hit like he used to, but I would never call him soft. Even if he doesn't throw his weight around, I find his size has always been noticeable on the ice even when he is not producing. He is strong and not an easy player to knock off the puck.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'm amazed by the expertise of so many geniuses on this board concerning Pacioretty. I particularly salute the cognoscenti who suggest trading him for Cammalleri. To all of you who have made fools of youselves, I suggest you retreat to your toy room and amuse yourselves with your jacks, tiddledywinks, and marbles.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Nothing is wrong with Patches, clearly.

It's more external pressure from Desharnais' situation, the team's lack of scoring, and some internal pressure from him not performing, which is hopefully all gone now.

hogtownhabsfan*

That was a prototypical Patches game. Drawing penalties and timing a fast move into the slot to snipe one.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
I hate all the Therrien bashing on the forum but I think tonight was a statement game from Max. He was pissed and he played with passion. Decided to show the coach what playing offence will do instead of defence.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I hate all the Therrien bashing on the forum but I think tonight was a statement game from Max. He was pissed and he played with passion. Decided to show the coach what playing offence will do instead of defence.
He played with an edge all game long. It was great to see.

He obviously has a bond with DD too. I guess he's good enough to carry him when he's on his game. Because that might be the best game I've seen Max play. He was great tonight. Physical, tons of chances, in the dirty areas... great, great game.

We needed somebody to step up and it was nice to see Max be the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad