Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
First 9 games including pre-season
7 G 2 A

Last 7 games since coming back from injury
1A

Maybe he should just stay out the extra month so fickle fans don't take him off life support

Don't count preseason. Even DD scored goals during preseason.

Preseason doesn't mean *****.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He has a 4.8% shot percentage this year, half his career average.

Must be laziness.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I will agree to this I always found patches to just be in the right position most of the time and many many many lucky bounces. He never struck me as an amazing talent but lately he no longer cuts to the net so thats just annoying as hell.

So it's come to fans thinking he's nothing great and just lucky now? :laugh:

This board never ceases to amaze me.

He is going through a bad stretch right now but no need to jump off the cliff.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Reminds me a lot of one of our past forwards, Martin Rucinsky. Great physical tools and skills, no consistency. Still love Max, and he's only 24 like some said, if Therrien stopped being a tool and play him with DD, perhaps that would help Pac...

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Hmm, he was hurt, came back early, not 100%, timing not there. What's the surprise? He'll start scoring a t some point.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Obviously scorers are streaky but you're not going to score taking ratty wrist shots from the half boards, he needs to stop playing like a ***** and drive the net for once and also try screening the goalie on the powerplay instead of standing at the side of the net.

Also he looked better when he played with Briere but for some brilliant reason Therrien moved Deshrnais back on that line.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Don't count preseason. Even DD scored goals during preseason.

Preseason doesn't mean *****.

ok what's more realistic, the guy that led the team in scoring last 2 years and started this year on a tear has suddenly forgotten how to play or isn't 100%?

He was expected to be out a month and only missed 2 weeks, watch him skate there's no way he's healthy + he injured his wrist to start the year

Apr 28, 2010
Gotta break the EGG line again.

Im just so sick and tired of MT for forcing Maxpac with DD.

I would like to see this

Maxpac Eller Briere
Bournival Pleks Gionta
Prust Chuckie Gallagher
Bourque DD Moen

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He is in need of a new nickname. Patches is just so, IDK, ............???? Dumb. And Maxpac sounds like a tampon.

I wrote this before but it was a typo... but if he continues to play on the perimeter, I will call him Paciopretty.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
1. He has a mini anchor named DD tied to his ankle.
2. He has never been given a chance to develop chemistry with a center other than DD.
3. He isn't driving the net anymore and he needs to do that.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Which post ? The OP ?

sorry yeah the OP, its sort of fun to have the punching bag of the team ie. DD but when we start abusing our top line players when they are down, i have a problem with that, i think a little criticism is fine, but Patches actually played a pretty decent game vs. Rangers, and he will definitely rebound, even Pleks a couple seasons ago was really snake bitten, had a disappointing season then bounced right back following year. This is allowed, we know he has the talent, let him be.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
I don't think so at all. I think he's going to be a consistent 30/30+ guy. He just needs to stay healthy.

Also, we should be giving him better linemates going forward...

to me max pac game is not complete enough to be a perennial 30/30 guy.

he might reach that in the very best conditions (remains healthy, gets his ''best'' game back, and regains chemistry).

He lacks finish/vision to be that guy. he's a 20/20 guy with the chance of being 30/30 if everything falls in place.

some guys (very few) in the league can be 30/30 on their average season.. He's not that guy. He's 30/30 at the very best case scenario.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I strongly believe that it is not MT forcing Patches to play with DD, but Patches who asks to play with DD. An NHL coach would not separate his only line that created any offense (Tampa) to put a 5'5 center with 1 assist in 18 games with his star winger.

Many of you noticed Patches fake smile when Briere scored that goal. He doesn't want to play with Briere. He wants to play with Desharnais.

The problem is this is both detrimental to his performance, and detrimental to the success of our team.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
He has a 4.8% shot percentage this year, half his career average.

Must be laziness.

Yeah, must be.:help:

Max is clearly not a 100%, he isnt skating anywhere near as well as he otherwise would be. Plus, playing with a Deshairnais is certainly not going to help the matter.

How hard is it to make him play with Plekanec and Bournival?

Paccioretty Plekanec Bournival
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Bourque Briere Gionta
Prust White Moen

That makes for a much better forward group. But hey, why use common sense?

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Yeah, must be.:help:

Max is clearly not a 100%, he isnt skating anywhere near as well as he otherwise would be. Plus, playing with a Deshairnais is certainly not going to help the matter.

How hard is it to make him play with Plekanec and Bournival?

Paccioretty Plekanec Bournival
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Bourque Briere Gionta
Prust White Moen

That makes for a much better forward group. But hey, why use common sense?

Cause Gio and Plek are Siamese twins.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I like Pacioretty. But I never believed he played a power game. He drove the net more under Cole's influence, but make no mistake, he relies on his speed and shot more than his ability to impose himself physically and drive to the inside.

A lot of observers watch hockey from behind a stats sheet. They look at height and weight and make assumptions as to a player's ability to play a power game.

Then you have commentators who have similar powers of assessment, and they share their opinions with others who parrot them.

That makes for a lot of people that will sooner or later be disappointed because they had the wrong expectations for a player.

MontrealFans

Apr 4, 2004
So it's come to fans thinking he's nothing great and just lucky now? :laugh:

This board never ceases to amaze me.

He is going through a bad stretch right now but no need to jump off the cliff.

Not saying he's lucky he is good but he seems to stray from what made him that however I just never saw him as a god sent like a lot of people think. A lot of goals he scored are bad goals and that's not a word of a lie. A lot are great one timers and sometimes he even manages good assists.

His contract is good so far and hopefully he never becomes a desharnais. I wouldn't want him traded because he is struggling unless we get something better.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Then you have commentators who have similar powers of assessment, and they share their opinions with others who parrot them.

Clueless HNIC play-by-play guy on Saturday, kept referring to Pacioretty and Bourque as "power forwards".

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
As usual, after a couple of losses, the board goes into full Pejorative Slur mode.

If you watch the game, you'll realize Pacioretty plays a more complete game than ever. Pts will come, he'll score 10 in 10 and will get back on track.

The guy leads the team in takeaways (tied with Galchenyuk and Markov) despite missing games. His passing has improved from 2 years ago. He's a much better defensive player as well.

He's had a couple of chances, but Bourque couldn't bury them.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Clueless HNIC play-by-play guy on Saturday, kept referring to Pacioretty and Bourque as "power forwards".

That was the least idiotic thing they said.

They showed a clip (yes...like a little segment, not an off-the-cuff remark) of Emelin's injury (after he made the same hit on some ranger) and said it happened last year in the playoffs against the Bruins.:shakehead

They were also calling the game horrendously.

This happens on a LOT of broadcasts (ironically every time I've had to watch an American opposing team feed), and I can sort of understand why this happens, but it's just idiotic (Brunet level - literally):

Calling Galchenyuk the big, skilled RUSSIAN.

Like I said, I get why it happens, but it's lazy as **** considering he played for team USA and it's not just some sidenote you'd have to delve very deep into his past to know.

Oh, and Patches is fine. He had a good last game (that poke check on the PK) and he's made some very good rushes to the net against 2 defenders. Remember how he injured his groin?

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
He's not himself. Finished a check on his first shift against the Rangers, never touched an opposing jersey again, except with his stick. Ribs or shoulder, maybe, but something's dragging his play down.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I strongly believe that it is not MT forcing Patches to play with DD, but Patches who asks to play with DD. An NHL coach would not separate his only line that created any offense (Tampa) to put a 5'5 center with 1 assist in 18 games with his star winger.

Many of you noticed Patches fake smile when Briere scored that goal. He doesn't want to play with Briere. He wants to play with Desharnais.

The problem is this is both detrimental to his performance, and detrimental to the success of our team.

:help: I think i've heard em all now.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
While they're completely different players, I think Pacioretty has about the same "value" as Tanguay had at the same age Good complimentary 1st liner, but not the dominant guy on the line. Was he playing with guys like Sakic or Fosrberg he'd get 80 points, but with guys like Plekanec or Eller he'll probably get around 50-55 points year in/year out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad