Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Patrik Laine re-signs with the Jets (2 years, $6.75M AAV)

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
He needs to pull his pants up and get to work...................................................................................................................................................... oh no, that's AM!

Wow....totally out of left field.
I don't know where Jets fans get that, AM has the same attitude?

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Then its Marner time...;)

Technically speaking Jets really have a two year window with Laine signed to a reasonable deal; I have no doubt that Laine is going to pot at least 40 goals on average for the next two seasons

in a terrible season he still scored 30 goals; and had 3 goals in 6 games in the playoffs.

With big buff's potential retirement on a already thin blue line for the jets this 2 year bridge not sure how much its gonna help in post season success - Laine's cap hit after 2 years is going to be huge IMO

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
This contract tells me he is betting on himself to be better. That's great for the Jets. We'll see if that translates into a motivated, healthy Laine. That player is much more like the Laine we saw in November last season and most of the time the previous two seasons than the one we saw struggling last spring. That version of Laine would be incredibly entertaining, especially if he starts filling out that massive frame. I for one am very excited to see what he brings to the table this year. I think this version of the Jets, even with the depleted D core will be better than people think.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
"When you're having contract negotiations, one thing always is who are you playing with. With the merits I have, somewhere else I'd have an opportunity to play with the best players. Everybody who understands hockey knows that,” Laine explained, as translated by Jalonen.

Let me help you. That isn’t saying he wants out. This was about contract negotiations. He is saying Chevy was offering him a contract in line with his offensive numbers. Laine is saying his numbers would be better if he was playing with top players like Marner does with Tavares, Rantenen does with McKinnon, Point with Kucherov etc.

Reactions: Jedub

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yes, the second youngest team in the league is a one-and-done crew. They peaked in their early-to-mid 20s and it's nothing but lotteries from here.

I’m sure losing Trouba and Myers (not really going to matter, but still.) along with Wheeler, Little and Buff getting a year older will have no impact. Since Roslo is about to EXPLODE. Also Vesalainen is just out there “killing it”.

Reactions: mattihp

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I’m sure losing Trouba and Myers (not really going to matter, but still.) along with Wheeler, Little and Buff getting a year older will have no impact. Since Roslo is about to EXPLODE. Also Vesalainen is just out there “killing it”.

Sure some of the older players may take small steps back, but when you’re talking about the you guys, why just mention Vesa and Roslo? No mention of Ehlers or Laine bouncing back, Conner taking another step, maybe even Scheiffle. Hellebuyck could return to Vezina form as well

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Glad to see Chevy doesn't get bent over like Dubas does.

I don’t know about that. 6.75M is a lot for an unidimensional 50 points winger, especially when you have to qualify him for 7.5m in two years.

Good news is he will have some money to spend on new skins on Fortnite. At least he can’t let his teammates down since it’s a solo player game

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
I don’t know about that. 6.75M is a lot for an unidimensional 50 points winger, especially when you have to qualify him for 7.5m in two years.

Good news is he will have some money to spend on new skins on Fortnite. At least he can’t let his teammates down since it’s a solo player game
What is wrong with you? Do you enjoy anything? Who are you trying to prop up by bringing Laine down, Who hurt you?

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad